So you guys are going to force us to participate in guilds in order to progress?

Prev1
clawsofhonor
370 posts Member
edited April 2016
So am I correct in assuming there is going to be no average solo way to get gear that doesn't involve spending money. This raid b/ s is exactly as I expected. Guild mates now expect individual members to use energy in certain ways, at certain times. I've seen individuals say if a person is going to the bathroom, they have enough time to play the game for the good of the guild, etc. The guilds have already taken this from a play-for-yourself, play at your own leisure game, to a grind for the guild only experience. Don't get me wrong, I like my guild, but guild participation and activities should be seperate from the rest of the game, and gear and such necessary to progress should always be available to be farmed AT A REASONABLE DROP RATE individually, so people are not required to participate in guilds. Can we get this addressed @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse
Post edited by clawsofhonor on

Replies

• Options
    I'd like to chime in that I am a guild leader, and agree with this. I don't like feeling like my members are competing against each other and are pressured to spend crystals so we can do raids. Furthermore, drop rates and availability is a bit ridiculous. It was supposed to be looked into, but I'm not sure I read anywhere if drop rates were fixed at all.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well, technically no.

You could also buy the gear with crystals now. At about 1,500 crystals per piece. So a crystal crate, which will cost you $50 will buy you enough to buy 5 pieces of gear...almost. You'd need another 200 crystals, as the $50 crate only has 7,370 - so you'd need over 7,500 to buy 5 pieces.

So yeah, there's that. $10 per gear piece. Seems very reasonable for a mobile game [/disgustingsarcasm]
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to chime in that I am a guild leader, and agree with this. I don't like feeling like my members are competing against each other and are pressured to spend crystals so we can do raids. Furthermore, drop rates and availability is a bit ridiculous. It was supposed to be looked into, but I'm not sure I read anywhere if drop rates were fixed at all.

You don't need to spend crystals for raids. If you mean in order to hit the 600 energy, that's still not a big deal as all that requires is 50 crystals once which you can get from the dailies and were likely going to spend them on a refresh anyway.

But yeah, needing to join a guild in order to get the pieces for gear IX is pretty meh.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Absoutely horrid, I'm in top 20 everyday, in a guild with plenty of Ptp players right now. Besides having zero shot of getting Han Solo which I'm fine with. The part that already is a huge turnoff is knowing I'm competing with people who's only reason why they are higher up then me is because they are willing to pay for refreshes.
    To have gear not be available any other way except by guilds will be the reason I eventually quit.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    The 600/600 daily is not bad at all. The issue I have with guilds so far is that we're competing against each other for these crate things. Guilds should encourage teamwork and strategy, not competing within the guild.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    The 600/600 daily is not bad at all. The issue I have with guilds so far is that we're competing against each other for these crate things. Guilds should encourage teamwork and strategy, not competing within the guild.

Very much this! Especially since the competition becomes very much financial than any actual effort.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    In top 15 in my guild they all have over 1000 energy spent as of right now (light side battles)in top 3 1800 plus, so yeah 600/600 is easily doable. But to get decent gear it's top 10 and top 3 only ones who get unattainable gear, ridiculous.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You do not have to join a guild.

You can form a Guild yourself.
  • Options
    Watch and see. People who dont do crystal refreshes, because they are now saving crystals for gear will be booted out of guilds and have no way to get gear. Then saving crystals for 1 month to get 1 piece of gear will make the majority of the player base leave. Right now is the grace period. Give it a week and you'll see casual players and ftp kicked from guilds en masse for "underperforming"
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    You do not have to join a guild.

You can form a Guild yourself.

And how does that address the problems, Mr Timitock?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Watch and see. People who dont do crystal refreshes, because they are now saving crystals for gear will be booted out of guilds and have no way to get gear. Then saving crystals for 1 month to get 1 piece of gear will make the majority of the player base leave. Right now is the grace period. Give it a week and you'll see casual players and ftp kicked from guilds en masse for "underperforming"

People should then start F2P guilds only and ask for a 50 crystals use each day to hit the 600 energy. You'll earn that gear far quicker through guild participation than banking those 50 crystals for purchase of the gear through the regular shop.

• Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

People should then start F2P guilds only and ask for a 50 crystals use each day to hit the 600 energy. You'll earn that gear far quicker through guild participation than banking those 50 crystals for purchase of the gear through the regular shop.

So you are ok with guild participation being forced on all players in order to progress?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    My question is why limit donations to 600 per day. Some people can and would easily surpass that to help make up for the people in the guild that don't hit the full 600.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    As for the OP's statement; yes, it is pretty sad that the ONLY way to get this gear is through being one of the top attackers in a raid or paying out real cash.
  • Options
    As a person in a leadership role within a large Guild, I don't like anyone being forced to do anything in order to have access to what I feel are mandatory items within the game. A player without a Guild needs another reasonable way to be able to access Gear, end of story!!!

It's going to be very hard for any Guild to stay successful with this setup in place. There will be people who get shortchanged regardless of whether or not a Guild Leader, Officer or other is attempting to share winnings. I'm sure they'll have to rethink this setup surely since it will be game ending for so many players who just can't make the numbers, either short crystals, credits or both.

Let's hope they adjust quickly before the hard work of many Guilds who built their teams and planned early goes to waste...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I think part of the problem is that too many guilds are focused only on getting rewards rather than actually building a solid community.
    We are taking the latter approach. It means it takes more time to find the right people (those with a track record of being helpful contributors) but it also means we are making a community of friends, something that transcends just going for rewards.
    For example, in The Consulars I would never pressure anyone to do anything at a specific time, spend money or energy they didn't want to, etc. We will do our raiding, but that's not why we exist.
    There are other guilds taking the same approach. It is better for the long run. Try to find a guild like that one and you may find you fit better.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

So you are ok with guild participation being forced on all players in order to progress?

To progress faster? Sure. You can always save up the 2500 crystals or so for the regular shop.

Not sure why players are so peeved at this. That's how pretty much all MMO's work. If you want to get the best stuff, you need to be in a guild and playing for it. You can solo things, but you'll be farther behind.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone should know by now that the devs don't care how we feel as long as it's generating more revenue.

Between people buying extra crystals for refreshes and even that expensive fully crafted gear in the store, no doubt their profits have gone up since the raids were implemented.

My main concern is even if some give all they can toward the guild, they may never rank high enough to get rare gear from the prize boxes. So the only option they'd be left with is buy it with crystals or stay on gear 8. Or quit since they'll be beaten down in the arena by all the gear 9s.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    Everyone should know by now that the devs don't care how we feel as long as it's generating more revenue.

Between people buying extra crystals for refreshes and even that expensive fully crafted gear in the store, no doubt their profits have gone up since the raids were implemented.

My main concern is even if some give all they can toward the guild, they may never rank high enough to get rare gear from the prize boxes. So the only option they'd be left with is buy it with crystals or stay on gear 8. Or quit since they'll be beaten down in the arena by all the gear 9s.

Looks like tier 5+ raids will give out chest with at least some of the new gear. The better chests just have more of it.

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Looks like tier 5+ raids will give out chest with at least some of the new gear. The better chests just have more of it.

On tier 5 only the top three in the guild have a shot at the gear we need if you click on the boxes and see what's inside. *A shot* meaning the drops will be random, and they may not even get the good stuff. 4th place on down doesn't even have a chance on that tier. That's a lot of people being left out.

I'm all for seeing how it goes but I'm not a fan of how it appears so far.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options

There are plenty of casual guilds that do not require members to be active. Guild currency an probably buy the higher gear stuff in the guild shop without beating higher raids or crystal shipments.

Still isnt great though, it is bad enough that people are locked out of gear 9+ because they did not see the precraft announcement and it seems hard to get gear through the guild.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

On tier 5 only the top three in the guild have a shot at the gear we need if you click on the boxes and see what's inside. *A shot* meaning the drops will be random, and they may not even get the good stuff. 4th place on down doesn't even have a chance on that tier. That's a lot of people being left out.

I'm all for seeing how it goes but I'm not a fan of how it appears so far.

Well that's a bummer. Maybe it'll just be available through the guild shop for a couple of k of credits?
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    You get credit for your contribution whether you finish the full 600 or not. So by naturally spending on your dailies, you will still accumulate Guild Credits and Guild Bank Money for the guild itself. Not finishing the 600 doesn't equate to zero reward.
  • Options
    I didn't like the idea of a being in a guild. I'm happy to report that I've changed my mind and it has been rewarding.
  • Options
    Friendly competition within a guild is an extrodinary idea I at first resented it but now it's fun I'm a competitive dude so I like the direction my guild took as for others who don't like how there guild acts or takes on challenges then leave lol people in my guild did 1 GW node and there still getting 73 coins that's only 16 coins less then what gold medalists get long story short competition inside guilds will ultimately get lower levels into a better position to excel
  • Options
    Just join a guild with a good leader. Doesn't matter if it's f2p or casual.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I like being in one. I only hope they give everyone a chance to get what they're there for by reworking the rewards. I don't feel any sense of competition. Without the higher contributors we wouldn't be making tier VI.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    participation in the "guild activities" only rewards guild currency. So outspending your guildmembers doesnt really make that much of a difference. or am i completely wrong about this?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    participation in the "guild activities" only rewards guild currency. So outspending your guildmembers doesnt really make that much of a difference. or am i completely wrong about this?

Pretty much. There's still a ranking system, so the higher you are on that daily ladder the more guild currency you can spend in the store. It looks like the real rewards come from whoever does the most damage in a raid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Pretty much. There's still a ranking system, so the higher you are on that daily ladder the more guild currency you can spend in the store. It looks like the real rewards come from whoever does the most damage in a raid.

but who does the most damage isnt directly throwing money at it to win :-/
    the distribution of the rewards is questionable, but everyone goes loco about the money issue, wich isnt really the issue here if i am correct :S
    Save water, drink champagne!