The downfall of guilds

VeeDee
140 posts Member
I can see right now this is going to be a big failure!!! raids cost way too much to run and people will lose interest really quick

Replies

• Options
    30k is a lot for one raid I agree...only just started so it's a small guild but an active one....only made 1900 in 24hours! Gonna take forever !
  • Options
    776-683-466 come join us WookieSanctuary got some high level guys in from the UK
  • Ego12Draconis
    251 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Why don't you get 30k a day? Like my guild does. maybe you should just look for more active members
  • Options
    I think the idea was that guilds were going to be 50 actively playing members. My guild made 26K because some didn't contribute as much but that still means in 2 or 3 days it will be enough to open a higher tier raid. If you've played any game that uses the raid system it's something you work up to and it stays open for a while. These will not be a 2 minutes daily challenge, it's going to take a lot of effort from everyone in the guild. It will make sense when we all start playing these from week to week.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    An active f2p guild can make 30,000 a day. It actually seems pretty fairly priced, especially since raid completion is likely to take a full 50 man guild at least a day. Won't be much downtime.
  • Options
    It's actually that people don't understand guilds, they actually don't cost anything to run.

To get "Guild Bank Coins" each person has the ability to accumulate 600 guild bank coins for the guild each day through regular expenditure of energy and cantina energy. Even if you only spend 450 energy that day, it still goes to Guild bank coins.

The Guild Bank Coins are used for the start of raids and up to 30,000 can be accumulated by the guild every day.

The Guild Activities are only beneficial to receive more Guild Currency, which is used in the Guild store for tokens.

Many F2P guilds will have the ability to have multiple raids a week and farm the characters from the Guild store.

Now the complaints about the top 3 receiving more loot and competition within a guild might be valid.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is upto 26k guild coin and we weren't even sure what we were doing the first day

NOw everyone knows how the system works, 30K is nothing much especially for a 50 man guild and if everyone is spending all their free energy I mean all of it, the guild gets pretty close to that 30k in ONE DAY!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    You dont even have to try to get the currency each memeber will get it entirely bya ccident just by playing the game and being active. You need an active full guild, and you will be able to summon the boss every single day. Not that you will be able to neccesaily beat it in a day though.

Your worries seem unfounded.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Akster wrote: »
    You dont even have to try to get the currency each memeber will get it entirely bya ccident just by playing the game and being active. You need an active full guild, and you will be able to summon the boss every single day. Not that you will be able to neccesaily beat it in a day though.

Your worries seem unfounded.

Technically, every other day, unless you want to do T1 raids every day.
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well hell I need new guild that makes 30k a day lol.
    My lvl 72
    10 characters 7 stars , tons of 6 stars characters
    Squad arena rank1 through 10 right now ranked 4
    My name dark legend
    My ally code 636-153-951
  • Dredin
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I'm currently monitoring my group, I feel like we have about 5-10 carrying the team right now. May have to make an adjustment after this first raid if it doesn't work out (we're at about 18k right now).
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This is such a tough predicament they've put the Guilds into with this....
    • On one hand, you can be part of a whale Guild where everyone comes up with the credits no problem, but then the prize distribution is skewed and unfair, so even though all the members contributed, only a few get the good prizes.
    • Then there are the mixed Guilds that have players who can be active but in this case struggle just to play or even better, can't get enough credits together to unlock the higher Tiers and then, if a few carry the Guild, will they then get the best rewards or would it be unfair to expect those players to share what others didn't evenly contribute towards.
    Either way, having this setup is game ending for so many and this is sad. Here many of us planned for months for this day to come only to have it work out this way and ruin what could have been great times for so many players. I would imagine EA and CG are seeing the unhappy posts and must have some plans to adjust things. If they don't, we are all in big trouble!!

One of the bright spots is that many of the major Guilds are included in the Guild Leadership chat on Line and in general, try to have good relationships with one another so maybe we can all band together and get some sort of resolution...
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    since all members contribute to raids, maybe the raid rewards should not be so different between rank #1 and rank 50

rank#1 currently gets 10 han solo shards amongst other things, rank 50 gets 1 measely shard

maybe they should have it so rank #1 gets 10, then all the way down to rank 50 getting 5, that way everyone at least gets something

but 1 shard for ranks 40-50 are they actually on drugs to think thats a good idea and wont enrage people? especially since the way they implemented raids, the raids could be over before some guild members even get to participate in a single fight, and those people will get zero rewards

raid rage is coming
  • Options
    It's not even a week and u all are discussing end of guilds.
    Omg...this is too funny.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Nope, no drama associated with guilds at all...
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure about how whales are so favored. Rankings are based in total damage done so if you have a relatively deep roster of mostly attackers you should be fine. The only really good ptp toon is Leia and no one has used in her in a long time in arena.

The rankings are so that a person doing all 5 attacks every day will get better gear than the person only doing one or two. If the whole guild is good and using all their attacks, I think luck would play a big part in who does the most damage.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It's actually that people don't understand guilds, they actually don't cost anything to run.

To get "Guild Bank Coins" each person has the ability to accumulate 600 guild bank coins for the guild each day through regular expenditure of energy and cantina energy. Even if you only spend 450 energy that day, it still goes to Guild bank coins.

The Guild Bank Coins are used for the start of raids and up to 30,000 can be accumulated by the guild every day.

The Guild Activities are only beneficial to receive more Guild Currency, which is used in the Guild store for tokens.

Many F2P guilds will have the ability to have multiple raids a week and farm the characters from the Guild store.

Now the complaints about the top 3 receiving more loot and competition within a guild might be valid.

spot on!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    Not sure about how whales are so favored. Rankings are based in total damage done so if you have a relatively deep roster of mostly attackers you should be fine. The only really good ptp toon is Leia and no one has used in her in a long time in arena.

The rankings are so that a person doing all 5 attacks every day will get better gear than the person only doing one or two. If the whole guild is good and using all their attacks, I think luck would play a big part in who does the most damage.

What is funny is you think you will be working as a group.

The raids are individual events.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I think guilds will be very successful. There will be tweaks and improvements.
    The guilds that succeed will be the ones where the focus is the guild, not just getting rewards.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The guilds that succeed will be the ones where the focus is the guild, not just getting rewards.

I disagree. Collective aspirations always take a back seat to personal ones.

Thats why there are ranked prizes.

Eventually the Kumbaya crowd will get it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

I disagree. Collective aspirations always take a back seat to personal ones.

Thats why there are ranked prizes.

Eventually the Kumbaya crowd will get it.

thats probably what he meant with "tweaks and improvements"
    Save water, drink champagne!