Current raid rewards pit guildmates against one another

Prev1345
Luomo
17 posts Member
edited April 2016
So in order to raid everyone has to work towards getting the guild currency. Then when its actual raid time only the top ten out of 50 get any sort of good reward. Then everyone has to work together to raid again.

The current raid rewards ostricize 80% of the people in guild. Why would 80% of guildmates still try to earn currency if they keep getting the low end reward?

Rewards should be in tiers that are unlocked at cumulative dps marks. I.e. 100k low end reward 200k decent reward 350k top reward That way it encourages all to participate and get the rewards (as it is a group effort)

Replies

• Options
    +1
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    Either tiered rewards at DPS marks, or have guilds compete against each other using cumulative points with a leaderboard. Worked well in Marvel's Future Fight.

• Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    its not really guilds if guilds dont battle other guilds, its more like fight club lol they should just rename guilds to fight club since all you do is fight internally :D
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wow. Good insight.

You need to find a guild good enough to beat the higher tiers, collectively. But not so good you can't finish top ten, I suppose.

Mabe I'm missing something, but it seems like guild members should be able to trade/give guild rewards between themselves. A real guild with real communication should be able to distribute rewards how they want.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I agree the rewards should be handled more evenly. All should have a chance at rare gear, not just a few who come out on top. If enough people are disappointed after not getting squat they'll likely stop contributing or leave the guild all together.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Competition breeds success.

Have fun holding hands.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Wow. Good insight.

You need to find a guild good enough to beat the higher tiers, collectively. But not so good you can't finish top ten, I suppose.

Mabe I'm missing something, but it seems like guild members should be able to trade/give guild rewards between themselves. A real guild with real communication should be able to distribute rewards how they want.

This. Guilds should be rewarded for being able to work together - not forced to pseudo-compete.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I am sure they will change this.

Its not like they have been working on it for months.
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    It's a money scam, duh. How did everyone not see this coming? You didn't actually think guilds were going to be a positive experience did you? Really?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Have fun holding hands.

Tell that to the people who are getting kicked out of guilds for being TOO good. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Really? It took months for them to end up to this conclusion? Months well spent imo...Can't you see that nobody is happy with this? The reason why threads complaining about this haven't exploded is because most people don't have a guild yet.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Devour wrote: »
    It's a money scam, duh. How did everyone not see this coming? You didn't actually think guilds were going to be a positive experience did you? Really?

how is it a money scam? plz explain this to me.

guilds have been a positive experience for me. allready got +5 rey shards ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Really? It took months for them to end up to this conclusion? Months well spent imo...Can't you see that nobody is happy with this? The reason why threads complaining about this haven't exploded is because most people don't have a guild yet.

You are trying to convince me that guilds were a bad idea?

You are funny...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

You are funny...

No they were an awesome idea. Failed to be implemented well tho.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

You are funny...

No they were an awesome idea. Failed to be implemented well tho.

Sure, blame the implementation...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yea man! Makes a lot of sense that only 3 players get the goods while all the others get much less. Even tho they all played their part as best as they could to the raid. What else can i blame? Can i blame you?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yea man! Makes a lot of sense that only 3 players get the goods while all the others get much less. Even tho they all played their part as best as they could to the raid. What else can i blame? Can i blame you?

You only have yourself to blame.

I didnt want guilds at all...

You made your bed, now lie in it.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

You only have yourself to blame.

I didnt want guilds at all...

You made your bed, now lie in it.

Lol man you're good at trolling. This actually made me laugh!
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, it sucks feeling like you're competing with your guild
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    good talk @Timitock and @Alexone

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Easy. Top 3 daily get the best rewards. Rewards = numerous crystal refreshes. Crystal refreshes = more money potential.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options

Have fun holding hands.

"Competition breeds spending"
    Fixt
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »

Have fun holding hands.

"Competition breeds spending"
    Fixt

I was gonna spend anyways...

/shrug
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options

Just checked for tier v, which will most likely be the first raid anyone does and 1-50 has a chance to get the best gear, the first 3 have the best chance, 4-10 have a great chance and the rest are different adjectives until a chance.

You need to realize that most guilds do not have 50 people doing equal work. Some will do all 5 of their fights every day, others will do 1 a day just to get a reward. At worst, a person is just good rng away from getting the same gear the top 3 are getting.

And as for this being a horrible experience for all? No one has even done a raid yet! No one knows what is going to happen! It is ridiculous to call it a failure before you even know anything about it.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards should not be tied to only DPS, no matter what system. I collect coins all week for the guild, have to work an extra shift on Saturday, miss the raid entirely, get no reward for the 4200 coins I put in.

The loot must take into account coin contribution as well. How annoyed would you be if you collected 3-4k coins for the guild to start a raid, and right beforehand a couple of new long-time players come in and all top the DPS charts with no coin contribution?

DPS only-based loot in an absolute joke. It heavily discourages players more than 2-3 levels apart from playing together, heavily punishes real-life commitments, and will not lead to positive player experiences. Getting the coins to open the raid are every bit as important as important as the DPS.

Another better measurement would be to scale people based on percentage of their eligible roster than went into the Raid in an attempt each day. If you're making a tier 5 raid, the level 76 guy with 40+ 5* characters sends 25/day in, earning 100% since it is the maximum. The level 66 guy with 18 5* characters sends in 18 characters per day (his maximum) and earns 100%. The level 56 guy with 10 5* characters sends in 10/day, earning 100% of his maximum.

This ratio, plus your contribution in coins in the days between the last raid and the current one, are compiled into a pure tiered system for rewards. Everyone who contributes as much as the possibly can gets the same level of reward. It does not reward people who slack off, and it does not cripplingly punish people who are either lower leveled, or have real life commitments or time zone issues nearly as much.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Haplo Again, i already said this in another post, NORMALLY, i would agree with you, it's bad to judge something before it happens, but just by looking at the credit rewards for tier 7, they are 3 times the difference between no1 and last place. This already tells me enough about how everything else would be distributed. And even if i placed no1 everytime, although that's impossible, i would have a problem with this. This is simply not fair to the other participants in the raid! The guy that farmed the 'wrong' characters at 7*, but you know, he is trying and doing his best, he should get what everyone else gets.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Easy. Top 3 daily get the best rewards. Rewards = numerous crystal refreshes. Crystal refreshes = more money potential.

those guild activity rewards arent ground braking at all. Yes you get more if you use refreshes, but that has always been the case.
    yes, spending money on chrystals is more rewarding now than it used to be because it also counts towards the guild activity on certain days, so yes there is an incentive to buy wich is more compelling than i used to be. but if anything, you get more for your buck, so i would hardly call it a scam.

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Luomo wrote: »

Rewards should be in tiers that are unlocked at cumulative dps marks. I.e. 100k low end reward 200k decent reward 350k top reward That way it encourages all to participate and get the rewards (as it is a group effort)

+1 +1

+1 +1

+1 +1

Those that can not contribute enough dps to a guild raid that is too high a tier for them will naturally make them join a different guild appropriate for their level. I think everything will be able to balance itself out naturally if the reward system was damage done individually, and not damage done in comparison to guild mates.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

those guild activity rewards arent ground braking at all. Yes you get more if you use refreshes, but that has always been the case.
    yes, spending money on chrystals is more rewarding now than it used to be because it also counts towards the guild activity on certain days, so yes there is an incentive to buy wich is more compelling than i used to be. but if anything, you get more for your buck, so i would hardly call it a scam.

You don't understand i think. People that spend more, already get more coins to spend in guild shop, but i am totally fine with that! If you are a big contributor, you should get more coins! However, when everyone else gets into a raid, it is not fair for only 3 players to get the goods while all others, who participated and tried their best, get less!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You don't understand i think. People that spend more, already get more coins to spend in guild shop, but i am totally fine with that! If you are a big contributor, you should get more coins! However, when everyone else gets into a raid, it is not fair for only 3 players to get the goods while all others, who participated and tried their best, get less!

i was responding to someone calling it a money scam, wich it isnt. He was also talking about refreshes, wich dont matter for raids.
    furthermore, You dont need to spend money, you just need to be the topdog in your guild.
    i get a litle tired of people complaining its all about the money, wich it really isnt.

about the raid rewards, the reward distribution as it is now is questionable to say the least, on that part i do agree.