Magmatrooper

Egor
86 posts Member
Does anyone know how durable this guy is? Ive been considering a few arena teams that aim to take forever to kill when ran by ai

Been considering the following:
  1. (Leader)Old Ben - harder to kill than dooku I think, and evasion leadership is a must
  2. Rg - no explanation neccisary
  3. Vader - lots of health, slow as all heck but since getting him I like him, and slow to kill
  4. GS - cause everyone needs some damage, but the gamorrean looks interesting if i can find a way to get him
  5. MagmaTrooper - i was considering fives for all his health but with magmas turn manipulation would he be better?

No clue how this would be but i need to come up with a team that is hard to beat cause i lose a lot of ranks overnight.

Opinions? And any advice on MT would be appreciated.

Replies

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    He's meh. Nice health pool, lots of TM gain from debuffs, but he hits like a wet noodle.
    The fact that you can accidentally attack counter attackers with his basic is annoying too.
  • Egor
    86 posts Member
    Options
    so you would go with fives over him, he has a lot of health as well and a lot of ppl love him so probably smarter
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Egor wrote: »
    so you would go with fives over him, he has a lot of health as well and a lot of ppl love him so probably smarter

Yes. Though the counter changes affected him a bit, I think Fives is still reliable.

The only situation I'd go for MT instead is if you plan to run an Empire team.
  • Egor
    86 posts Member
    Options
    Ive meen tempted to for ds missions, but a good arena team is more important atm

Thanks for the help
  • Options
    I'm not sure what his potency is like at gear VIII, but my gear VII Magmatrooper has the TM on his AoE resisted quite a bit in GW. Otherwise I agree with Sikho's analysis. Lots of health is nice but his damage is on the low side and he's less useful now that TM reductions can be resisted.
  • Options
    I am too farming for Magma and bringing him to at least 5*. He has lot of health and decent attack plus the turn meter manipulation. So he will be a nice addition to weaken a strong team in GW. I think he will pair nice with ST Han. He can provide some more turns to the team.
  • Options
    I've got my MagmaTroop at 7* and gear8, working on those Stun Cuffs. He gets a bit more +damage gear starting with gear8, so right now he's just beefy. With some +offense buffs/leadership he can actually put up some fair numbers when he ricochets and crits.
  • Options
    jedii_2040 wrote: »
    I am too farming for Magma and bringing him to at least 5*. He has lot of health and decent attack plus the turn meter manipulation. So he will be a nice addition to weaken a strong team in GW. I think he will pair nice with ST Han. He can provide some more turns to the team.
    I use a 7*, gear 7 MT for the fist half of GW. He's a nice placeholder because his health is so high and his damge is sufficient for that level of play. Once I get to the second half he goes on a suicide squad because his damage is so low that he's a liability and his TM reduction is resisted so often. I'm weary to spend the 40 purple shower drains on getting him to gear VIII because I haven't been super impressed with him so far and those things are a hot commodity.

• EasyRight
    145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I like my Magmatrooper paired with my Magnaguard100. My Magnaguard has an Omega shard for his standard attack, thus raising his damage considerably...which I plan to do very soon w/ my Magmatrooper. Anyway, my point is the two are gr8 as tanks especially when they get down to the very end of fights & have to trade **** w/ 1-2 opponents. Buuuut, my main draw is that they are a killer controller pair. Even w/ a slow poke leader like Lumi, they can add nearly a whole extra round of attacks in most opening rounds. Considering that Magnaguard is hitting possibly up to 3x in some rounds, (w/ Omega shards, he now does solid damage *2500* on par w/ most standard attacks) you can bring a lot of damage to teams before RG's/Chewies/etc get a chance to control. It's a weird off-the-beaten-path choice of characters, but it works.