Pocket Healing Guide for GW Success

Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited December 2015
I wrote this entry, I think not many level 40-60 know how to last enough in Gw to consistently complete GW every time. Hope this helps, and that other jump in to improve on this ideas and cover healers I don't use.
----

The best advise I can give you is ... give the healers Level 6 healing ability. And I going to lay out how to use each healer I know well so you can max your chance to get 15 shards in GW every day:

Luminara

At level 6 ability she heals for 40% of her max health, then 20% of each character's max health on next turn, and another 20% of char max health on third turn. On turn 4th you use your second healer, and on turn 5th you heal with Luminara once again.

Luminara's heal-over-time has another advantage - it heals over time regardless of her ability status, so long as she was able to cast her heal originally.

How NOT to use her: you face a level 60 team, they have 2 enemy chars that AoE ability block, let's say Ben and Boba. Both will go AFTER Luminara's turn. Your team likely won't need heal by Lumi's turn, right? You do not heal on first turn, and use her Spexial instead. Next turn Luminara has been ability blocked, maybe for 2 turns. Then she gets stunned by Enemy Dooku or Daka or someone else. So you haven't used her heal for turns 1, 2, 3, 4. She was your primary healer and now you are 3 vs 5...her heal comes too late.

The correct way to play her when facing ability blockers is FIRE HEAL FIRST CHANCE. Her heal-over time will heal 40% of your other chars right when you need it most: first two turns, when the enemy will use all the specials. On turn 3 or 4 use your other healer. By turn 5 you can fire Lumi's heal again. Makes sense? Lumi and Talia are the two healers where early casting may make sense.

Talia

Whoever said Talia is slow and weak, is right. Except that it's a blessing in disguise, and that hear weakness goes away when geared up - she regains health very quickly and will last a long while. My level 7* Talia Regains 20% health every 3 regular hits. About 2.4k regained after 3 regulars.

Here's what Talia does at level 6:
Heal consumes 20% of her energy and heals 35% of each ally max health. Cooldown in 3 turns!

So with Talia avoid her special attack, and focus on regular + heal. Her Special - reserve it for extreme need to wear down a key glass canon only.

But there's more...she will advance every ally turn meter by 25% each time you heal. Gosh bless her slowness! Each party has used all specials and secret recipes by end of turn 1...except slow Talia who takes last turn (or one of the latest turns)...and she casts a heal - now on turn 2, each ally advances turn meter by 25%. NOw you are AHEAD on at least 4 of enemy chars, they haven't casted any heal (but you did on slow's Talia turn and are in extremely good shape) - and you can now focus-eliminate 1 or 2 chars before their healer can gain a turn.

Talia's regular for some reasons crits A LOT for 2200 damage. And she regains health for 45% of the damage dealt. So when she hits on her second turn, she gains 1000 HP back. How can AI kill this girl if AI usually doesn't focus any character so much? By turn 4, Talia is around 90% health and now Talia heals 35% back of each Ally max health and lands in 70% HP territory - not anprob for her.

There's some more...she is Ability blocked? Lasts 2 turns? She may get 1500 to 2000 HP. She doesn't need any Special to regain health, and can take care of herself. That way, she is never the cause for you casting an unnecesary heal just for her - and casting unnecessary heals costs tou character or starting next battle with Healers on cooldown. Which...will get you killed!

Daka

She has an effective yet weak heal. But she stuns. She doesn't care if Jedi or Sith or Droid. She stuns everything. So while she can act as secondary healer (oftern 3rd in line healer) she will be good to Stun enemy's Ability Blockers, or that AoE guy that can wreak havok with his AoE exponential damage (aka Lando). Watch turn meters closely, and make the key enemies lose a turn, saving just enough time for her (or, ideally, primary healer) to regain HP just before your friends get defeated. She can revive dead people too, with her heal, and with her passive. Erratic, but once every GW she will bring someone back. She is squishy though. But she stuns on her regular, and if you know who to stun, she is a great as a selective delayer that complements healing very well.

Ahsoka

Decomision her! She can't heal when you need her!

Cooldowns

If you don't yet know by memory each chars' cool downs, and where they are at every moment in the battle, you need to pay attention and learn this. No amount of whining about GW will do any good...but understanding cool downs, and when to bring healers and when to retire them (retreat) is key, and the turn meters are key here.

Your goal in GW is to start the next battle with all healers specials active. If you start, and Lumi is on 3 cooldowns, and enemy has stunners and Abikity Blocks, and Sid immunity block lurking around, you will regret it.

Sid

This guy can be upgraded so his immunity debuff lasts 3 turns. And he can do this every turn to a new char. Worst yet, your Jedi's miss and miss and miss. They don't just miss, but they miss on their Specials, which then require 3 or 4 turns to cooldown. If you heal and 2 teammates are Immunity marked, the heal is incomplete. And then very soon you lose a char, or need another heal from secondary healer, you are on full cooldown, no more heals, and a few chars are about to pass. You most likely won't win GW today.

What's wrong? Leting Sid ruin your day is what's wrong. Start with non-Jedi team. Talia, Dooku, Old Daka, etc. Heavy hitters even best. Stun him. Stun any taunter. Hit Sid until dead. If you have Sid, don't AoE. You can AoE the second turn just as effectively. Use your first Sid turn to make their Sid immune to heal. Dead? Now retreat and bring your Jedi's for some slaugther.

There....oh wait, some more tips.

Tanks

Talia, Lumi and other healers heal for the Ally max health. Lumi does this for 40% of Ally max health (over time component) and Takia just 35% of ally max. This means on hard games, you can bring more tanky players. If you only have healers like Barris, the amiunt is fixed and her health. But a JC or 7* Chewy can get back to full health easily with healers that heal based on Ally's max. Leverage this to wear down enemies. Why bring your droids to face a heavy AoE enemy? Better bring a tanky team, heal on first turns and apply good damage until 2 chars are barrly green or yellow, then replace team with heavy hitters. That barely-green enemy is now so red it's actually dead. Then retreat this team, bring Tanky team back, can take any enemy it outnumbers, even if not doing heavy damage. Very small risk as your healers (eg. Talia, Lumi) will replenish full energy every 3 turns. You win!

Leadership

It cannot be estimated enough the value of a 13% evasion for nightsisters and 7.5% everyone else. Or any other high evasion. Why? Because while a crit leadership buff can help tou clear 1 threat soon enough, a high evasion acts kind of like a damage deal, and now thise 3 or 4 heal cooldowns are always happening before any death.

I have tested this a lot. A higher evation is better vs heavy hitting enemies than a high crit. Leia's 4 attacks in a row may miss teice. Remember you have already some chance of evasion, and if you use Daka, Sid and Takia (for eg) the extra evasion is amazing protection. I faced all 7* enemies, and I get crushed on anything elase than evasion, because enemy can Defeat 1 ally just before cooldown resets very often. But with extra evasion, that happens very seldomly. And they lose.
Post edited by Preemo_Magin on

Replies

• Options
    Just to clarify.....Ewok Elder can revive dead allies in GW?
  • Options

Yes he can atleast the AI does in missions.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks! Lots of awesome posted today, learning a few new tricks
  • Options
    I wrote this entry, I think not many level 30-50 know how to last enough in Gw to consistently complete GW every time. Hope this helps, and that other jump in to improve on this ideas and cover healers I don't use.
    ----

The best advise I can give you is ... give the healers Level 6 healing ability. And I going to lay out how to use each healer I know well so you can max your chance to get 15 shards in GW every day:.

While good advice you should either revise your preamble or write a guide for actual 30-50s. You can't unlock heal 6 until 50, so telling the 30-50s that the key to completing it is beyond their range isn't of much help.
  • Options
    And if for any reason you don't have lumi yet, Barris is a good consolation.
  • Options

I have ewok elder just 2* but he works best in gw in my deepest need. His ability is just 3 upgrades but very helpful. He can heal small amount with his second skill but he has a high chance to revive dead member plus cleansing the whole debuff from your team. His third skill is 100% revive one character. He cant revive more than one. I fielded him if my indispensable hero is in red hp or critical situation where he can be hit by ai. I partner him with my old daka just in case elder ewoke suffered a fatal blow.

• Options
    You are right...It should read 40-60 since IIRC GW requires you to level 40 to even unlock GW.

The point is that to unlock Daka, or leveling up Talia, require you to start very early on, so that you are not at level 40 without any good heal, or having you using your mats all on attack instead of heal. So if you are level 1, it can still help.

But you can just as easily replace JC for Lumi early on. Barris is a very different kind of healer, and doesn't require much strategizing. Also, when you unlock GW, do you start farming Lumi or IG-88? The post can guide the decision you make when you first collect tour first 400 GW coins.

But more than just say how I play, Inwnated to share hiw tou pretty much adjust the healing strategies to enemies and the healer compo you have, and the thinks surrounding them (does it heal on ally health or cater's max health? Do you bring tanks or glass cannons? Do you heal early or later? Do you use one healer or three? Do you ...etc.
  • Options

Yeah, same doubt.I thought he could revive only someone who was killed while the Ewok Elder was in the arena.

Also, great post by Preemo! I was thinking if I should dispose of Talia, but I think I will reconsider it now. Don't have Lumi, but her disciple Barriss does a good job in healing.

And yeah, kill their Sid before he gets to you. This is what I always do. I hate it when Sid debuffs my Chewie when he's on taunt. He gets destroyed, and my team gets exposed.

• Options
    How does Ewok Elder's heal work? I thought you couldn't go into battle with a dead character, so in order for the Elder to revive somebody he has to be on the battlefield when that character dies. If a character dies and then you retreat to put the Elder on your squad, you must remove the dead character from your team before reentering battle, making him unable to revive the character. From what you said, it sounds like if everybody on your squad is alive and you use his revive, it will revive a character that is not currently in battle. Could you clarify?
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    So if someone on my team dies, you can retreat and leave a slot open and revive them?
  • Options
    That part was wrong. I don't how Ingot that part mixed up. Somebody said it worked but it does not - mhh. Deleted Ewok section.