Tier V and VI Raids

Prev1
Has anyone participated in a Tier 5 or 6 raid?

Any comments. Were you able to finish it?

I watched a youtube video of someone starting Tier V and it looked extremely hard.

The leader-board has guilds with 30 points. But I know at the very least, some of them completeed tier IV twice.

Replies

• Options
    The first guild to complete one did a tier 5
  • Options
    Tier 5 was too easy. Not all of my guild mates got a chance to participate. And the rewards were poor. 5 syringe prototypes for me.
  • Obi_Wan_Cannoli
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @IAmException thanks, my fourth line is incorrect then. Still looking for input from anyone who played. The youtube video made V seem pretty hard.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    From the youtube video i saw in spanish, raids are like this...you have 50 characters in your rooster? Than you will win damage-wise over people that have 10 characters. Zero skill required! This, combined with the fact that 3 guys get the best rewards, makes it the worst thing i've seen to date! Not to mention it was the most tedious and straightforward battle ever. Kind of like Galactic War, only 10 times worse. At least there, some skill is required. Congrats for all the months of work you put in guys, although it seems these decisions were made and implemented after a hard night of drinking!
  • Options
    I saw the youtube video. It shows the first quarter of the raid. I want to tough it was to finish, and even more so tier VI if anyone has any information
  • Options
    want to know*
  • Options
    Tier 5 was too easy. Not all of my guild mates got a chance to participate. And the rewards were poor. 5 syringe prototypes for me.

What guild are you in?
  • Options
    want to know*

You can edit your own posts using the little gear icon on the upper right of the post.
  • Options
    want to know*

You can edit your own posts using the little gear icon on the upper right of the post.

I thought that was to call someone to fix your car.
  • Options
    BoroSmooth wrote: »

What guild are you in?

Synergy elite
  • Options
    want to know*

Sarcasm aside, you obviously didn't know it was to edit your post since you posted again to fix a spelling error.
  • Options
    I've edited many posts before. I just didn't feel like editing my post this time. I didn't mean to antagonize you, just kidding around.
  • Options
    My guild is doing one right now and the gamorian captain has 4.1 million health plus his abilitys are so op. T5
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    If you think the raid doe snot require strategy and is brainless, your guild is not doing the tier suitable for how strong they are. You need to manage the enemy taunts, deathmarks, stun adds, dispel debuffs ony our own characters, heal when you need to etc.

Some information on tier VI raid, the guy also posted a video of him trying it, he did around 2% damage to the first phase with one team.

http://impswgoh.boards.net/thread/56/tier-vi-guide-mandatory-reading
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Tier 6 is haf.

* You can only go in with 6* guys, so I hope your roster is really deep.
    * The mobs have laughable amounts of tenacity, you'll be lucky if you manage to land any type of debuff.
    * That "escape" mechanic they built in? Awesome for any character(s) that manage to survive eight rounds. You don't get to use it any sooner than that.
    * If you don't have a roster of 30 6* characters all gear Lvl7+, having five attempts means nothing. You only get as many attempts as you have live bodies.

Raids are new, so they'll take a bit of getting used to but my guess is that EA screwed up again, making the raids overly difficult to compensate for lack of proper testing. This way, there's a better chance that guilds don't blow through the content and get bored of it right away and they can always adjust the difficulty down if it proves too difficult.
  • Options
    Tier 5 is tough. I'm level 75... And had 3 full teams ready to compete... Did about 375k damage.
  • Options
    There appears to be a huge jump from 5 to 6.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Tier 5 looks incredibly easy for a full guild of lvl70+ players watchign videos. Tier 6 looks like it will take a few days to complete.

Bare in mind you multiply the amount of damage you are able to do by 50. That is assuming peopel in the guild do not have more than one team, by lvl 70+ most players seem to have at LEAST 2 teams.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Tier 5 is tough. I'm level 75... And had 3 full teams ready to compete... Did about 375k damage.

You need to put money in the game and have 6 random teams ready to compete. That way you'd be doing 650-750k damage and can claim no1 and get all the good rewards.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Multiply that damage by 50, and then keep in mind THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT. You will still defeat it in a few days.
  • Options
    want to know*

lol u guys crack me up...

Yeah its seems worrying the way loot rewards are atm
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm doing Tier 6 at the moment. The pigs hit really freaking hard. It's especially rough when the two adds taunt and one of them has counter attack on. I killed one add and the other's counter and taunt were still up so he one shotted a few guys.

We are chipping away at it, it's a challenge but doable. Hope you guys have a deep bench. They will 1-3 shot pretty much all your characters. O and he respawns his adds! Also the captain can attack that cannot be evaded so perception on my Yoda did nothing to help on the killing blow
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    The pigs hit really hard, bring stuns. perception does not dodge death mark hits, don't bring yoda.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    want to know*

rofl
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    I just finished tier 1. It was a piece of cake- haha ;-)
  • Options
    thanks for supporting my comedy, and also thanks for all the info on tier VI. I'm going to advise my guild does V instead
  • Options
    So is there a time limit on the raids, or do we just keep attacking day after day until it dies? Also, I know you get 5 attacks a day, but do the characters that have died refresh at some point?
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Savage oppress's insta kill below 25% health work on the captian?
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    dreamer05 wrote: »
    So is there a time limit on the raids, or do we just keep attacking day after day until it dies? Also, I know you get 5 attacks a day, but do the characters that have died refresh at some point?

Everything up to T6 has no time limit. You can keep refreshing every day, possibly a weekly hard cap? I don't think there's been any official statement on the matter.

But having said that... From what people are saying about the drops - and EA's stellar history of making everything too long a grind and too difficult a task to accomplish - it would make more sense to complete T4 or T5 a couple times a week instead of banging your head against the wall for a week or more against T6.

• Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    dreamer05 wrote: »

Only a time limit on tier 7 (2 days, character defeated cannot use again in that raid), if a character dies they reset the next day in all the other tiers, not sure if its 24 hours after defeat or on daily reset at 12am.

O