How to fix this?

Boba_The_Fetter
3393 posts Member
edited April 2016
So me and my friends thought it would be cool to start a guild but we only have 20 members and most dont do anything (or havent in the las two days) so we get rrally low rewards and will probably be two weeks before we can do a raid. The most annoying thing that i see will happen is people in a guild doing one battle just to be a 'contributor' and they get nearly as high rewards as the few of us trying hard to do all we can for the guild.
Also seems like a case of really really widening the gap between p2p and f2p or between precrafters and non precrafters since the ones getting the new gear and best rewards will be p2p and precrafters.

Feels like im screwed here any one with thoughts? Or even wanna join our guild? I dont wanna join a different guild because i wanna play with my friends but being lvl 75 with high star toons the lot of us are losing out

EDIT
My 4 friends that are in tge guild are like me contributing all the time. Its random people requested to join that dont. I dont see the point in denying them in since we still have loads of spots for more players

Replies

• Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, this sounds like a failed guild to me. I don't think it's possible to fix friends who just aren't interested in playing. It's like trying to make ugnaught good for arena, it simply is a waste of effort.

It is possible to make your guild better, but it will either involve ditching the friends and finding decent players to populate the guild. At 20 players total I think this will be an uphill battle. Also, you run the risk of endangering your friendships but cutting friends loose.

So if I were in your shoes I'd quietly leave the guild and join a more established one. It doesn't sound like most of your friends will notice anyway :)
  • Options
    Qleak wrote: »
    Sorry, this sounds like a failed guild to me. I don't think it's possible to fix friends who just aren't interested in playing. It's like trying to make ugnaught good for arena, it simply is a waste of effort.

It is possible to make your guild better, but it will either involve ditching the friends and finding decent players to populate the guild. At 20 players total I think this will be an uphill battle. Also, you run the risk of endangering your friendships but cutting friends loose.

So if I were in your shoes I'd quietly leave the guild and join a more established one. It doesn't sound like most of your friends will notice anyway :)

Hey thankd for replying!
    Its not my frends that are slacking off. Theres only 5 of us and we and like 2 people i dont know are contributing as much as we can but its all the randoms who asked to join that do nothing. And its hard to get active players to join
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options

Hey thankd for replying!
    Its not my frends that are slacking off. Theres only 5 of us and we and like 2 people i dont know are contributing as much as we can but its all the randoms who asked to join that do nothing. And its hard to get active players to join

Well I'm glad to hear that it's not your friends slacking off. Even the consulars are having trouble filling entirely, maybe you 5 should contact @Qeltar we could have a merger?

We could use a few more good players (currently at like 38).
  • Options

Hey thankd for replying!

Well I'm glad to hear that it's not your friends slacking off. Even the consulars are having trouble filling entirely, maybe you 5 should contact @Qeltar we could have a merger?

Haha enticing idea. But i like operating a guild and our name was important. Gotta have a good name with a pun IMO. Consulars seems like a great guild though, how are ye getting on?
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options

Hey thankd for replying!

Haha enticing idea. But i like operating a guild and our name was important. Gotta have a good name with a pun IMO. Consulars seems like a great guild though, how are ye getting on?

We're doing pretty well easily claimed tier VII today, we made tier V yesterday without even a full roster.

I would definitely recommend being selective like Qeltar has been. It seems like referrals and personally contacting players on the board who are active is a good strategy for recruiting players who will contribute. It's a slower road than other recruitment methods and requires quite a bit more work by a supreme leader (or committee), but it avoids players who won't contribute quite well. :)

Best of luck with your guild, I hope it goes better for you all :)
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    We setup chat on discord and required our members to join; then we set our own guild rules (ahead of time, so people agreed to them when they joined).

our only playing rule is that you need to do 600 guild bank currency a day or 3600 a week thus giving a day of grace to everyone.

Just recruit and keep the levels lower or at your level so you guys finish at the top.... that seems what they want us to do. (wish I had known)
  • Options

Hey thankd for replying!

We're doing pretty well easily claimed tier VII today, we made tier V yesterday without even a full roster.

I would definitely recommend being selective like Qeltar has been. It seems like referrals and personally contacting players on the board who are active is a good strategy for recruiting players who will contribute. It's a slower road than other recruitment methods and requires quite a bit more work by a supreme leader (or committee), but it avoids players who won't contribute quite well. :)

Best of luck with your guild, I hope it goes better for you all :)

Wow that sounds awesome and quick! I hope to do a raid soon as well. I think you're right about how to select members, the only issue now is trying to get good players into a new guild!