Now that Raid details are in and I've tried out a Guild...

Where to begin? Before guilds came I honestly think all of the changes had been beneficial, or at least not detrimental. I'm going to lump the gear block in with this guild and raid mess, even though I'm aware it happened pre-guilds in terms of updates, because it's an obvious part of this update really.

So why is this all bad? Because we all have preconceived notions and experience with what guilds and raids are in other games, sure. But I think the real issue is that people thought raiding for gear would be the answer to the gear block. It is an answer, but not the best one. You've got the gear for sale in shipments for a way better deal on average than the method of how you get them in raids.

Don't misunderstand my calling out of this update. I wasn't planning on being in a guild to start with. I'm happy to pay 1600+ credits for the gear, that's only 3-4 days of crystals for a top F2P. People just seemed to think that the Guilds and raids would reward better, but the slow pace in which you accumulate guild currency and the factors involved in making it unlikely for one to get the gear rewards in raids makes it seem like they aren't "rewarded" for being in a guild. They're not satisfied with the little you're planning on giving them. They don't want to pay for the gear, they want it for free and quickly.

My only complaint is that you all could have used your time in the development of guilds for something better if it's just going to leave your player base unhappy. I think @Qeltar has mentioned more than thrice about somehow testing these changes in smaller groups rather than dumping untested changes on us.

In conclusion, I'd like to applaud the fact that you balanced non-guild members and guild members ability to get past the gear block. I think that the guild rewards in general should be amped up so guilds get something meaningful and of course there is a lot of topics already about raid rewards already.

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    After all the complaints and time to think about everything; I'm still disappointed in the implementation of guilds the poor level of communication leading up to them. On one hand the amount of communication from the team is satisfactory, however I feel the quality of information is not.
    I put together a good quality group of guys to play with (some friends and some strangers) only to find out that I'm on the bottom of the thing. If we would have known we'd be competing with one another for top tier they should have said "to optimize your guilds, you may want to consider being around the same level / number of toons etc.... because you will be competing for rewards based on the amount of damage your squad can do"

I would have formed my guild much differently; instead as it was I was feeling as my squad was going to hold others back and I kept apologizing to my friends about that fact and kept asking over and over if they wanted to reconsider being in a guild with me.

Overall it has been a lot of work for me, and I don't feel rewarded at all for having done it and honestly at this point; I'm contemplating my future with this game as it appears the future holds more of the same....

• Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    After all the complaints and time to think about everything; I'm still disappointed in the implementation of guilds the poor level of communication leading up to them. On one hand the amount of communication from the team is satisfactory, however I feel the quality of information is not.
    I put together a good quality group of guys to play with (some friends and some strangers) only to find out that I'm on the bottom of the thing. If we would have known we'd be competing with one another for top tier they should have said "to optimize your guilds, you may want to consider being around the same level / number of toons etc.... because you will be competing for rewards based on the amount of damage your squad can do"

I would have formed my guild much differently; instead as it was I was feeling as my squad was going to hold others back and I kept apologizing to my friends about that fact and kept asking over and over if they wanted to reconsider being in a guild with me.

Overall it has been a lot of work for me, and I don't feel rewarded at all for having done it and honestly at this point; I'm contemplating my future with this game as it appears the future holds more of the same....

It's good you touched on this because this is the problem most Guilds will face, keeping people from feeling left out and including everyone in the sharing of prizes to keep players happy. With the way the game is laid out, sometimes this will be impossible to control. I hope they fix this system to something more democratic and conducive to teamwork and friendship...
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I understand and would add that most of the fun comes from cooperation, but with reports that Tier 5 is easier than expected, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to play against a rancor with my daughter in the guild I joined when they summon a Tier 1 and have multiple 70+ level squads capable of defeating it with little help.