What do you think of alliances?

aspenstar
450 posts Member
edited December 2015
What do you think of the idea of having alliances (eg. teams of allies rather than choosing individual allies)? In the alliances maybe you could request for a certain thing (eg. 3 Lumi shards, gear etc.) every x amount of hours. Possible alliance wars (similar to GW) could be possible too.
"...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube

What do you think of alliances? 40 votes

I'm up for it!
65%
ZarAziShewardNHavokTriggerPreemo_Magind3gaussJaqenhgarjrdavis557ThrixelReyneCottonfreshPreosD0SRAREDashboardCrittikDarth_BraxisHubchesMoondosUlyssesArenHamSpecialn 26 votes
Meh...maybe
27%
VernalThe_Oklahoma_KidXyocosmicturtle333JabberwockypepelestatJugilismaaniidkdkPestControlWokSihplakSgt_Strategy 11 votes
Definitely nope!
7%
NachoFootBaalFierceRevan 3 votes
Post edited by aspenstar on

Replies

• Options
    Kinda vague? what do you mean by a team of allies?

(or as per usually too early and I need more coffee!!!)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Kinda vague? what do you mean by a team of allies?

(or as per usually too early and I need more coffee!!!)

Similar to a clan...It would be nice if we could share currencies too (eg. be able to request for something) on top of borrowing heroes

I was vague..sorry about that!
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Options
    Meh...maybe
    If we can trade items and shards, maybe even heroes then I'm in. Otherwise there's no point.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    If we can trade items and shards, maybe even heroes then I'm in. Otherwise there's no point.

Yea..that's what I'm thinking would be good if they were to happen.
  • Options
    I think it would be cool to have a system where you and two other people (in your guild/alliance) have to go against a three other peeps from another clan or whatever. Like the GW but in 3 battle increments.
  • Options
    I think it would be cool to have a system where you and two other people (in your guild/alliance) have to go against a three other peeps from another clan or whatever. Like the GW but in 3 battle increments.

I like that idea too! Can I add it to the description?
  • Options

I am in for this.

I would also like to chat\talk\spar with my "friends".

So far I know one of them, pretty cool guy who is on here. _ it's fun to talk about the server leaderboard etc.

Otherwise what's the point?

• Options
    Meh...maybe
    The chat would be cool but it will bring out the divide between P2W and F2P. It never ceases to amaze me how much a group will spend to be number one on a leaderboard or in a guild tournament.
  • Options
    Meh...maybe
    Don't know how practical the swap idea is since most people are going to be looking for the same stuff at the same time if they're close in level.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Shard trading sounds like a great idea.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think item swapping or trading of shards would ever happen... Item swapping can create issues with potential scammers and more problems for CS to deal with... Trading of shards I don't really see happening because that would hurt pack sales.

I expect a more likely feature would be unlmited access to ally's roster for one use once a week or something similar... I'm surprised I've not seen an ally energy gifting that is common in other social mobile games.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Having come from SWFC, I'm happy that there is no system for trading here. I don't have to farm a dozen alts a week to make one account strong. I don't have to check eBay to see how much a shard for Leia would cost. And I don't have to try bartering my excess Sid shards 20:1 for Lando or Maul shards.
    I would like allies to serve a purpose in this game again. Kinda useless now, using SimTickets for everything.
  • Options
    aspenstar wrote: »

I like that idea too! Can I add it to the description?

Go ahead man
  • Options
    Definitely nope!
    Having come from SWFC, I'm happy that there is no system for trading here. I don't have to farm a dozen alts a week to make one account strong. I don't have to check eBay to see how much a shard for Leia would cost. And I don't have to try bartering my excess Sid shards 20:1 for Lando or Maul shards.
    I would like allies to serve a purpose in this game again. Kinda useless now, using SimTickets for everything.

Yep, I've done all of that before as well. I doubt you can have alliances without that.