A noob needs help lol

xdecide
114 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hey, abit of help would be greatly appreciated!

Im kinda new to the game so my stuff doesnt really have alot of stars, my toons are around ~ lvl 40
im not going to play this game heavily competitive but maybe someone can build me a half decent team out of this.

HK-47
Doku
Darth Maul
Lumi
IG88
IG86
Poe
Leia
Chewy
Kit Fisto
GS
RG
Sidious
QGJ
Tie Pilot
Magma Trooper

Im at a point where i have to decide carefully who to level up and who to farm for.

My Team currently for arena was HK(L) IG88 IG86 GS Doku

Also is it worth getting Phasma,Akbar, Kylo and does Finn have value at all? Speaking of the bundles.

Thanks alot!!

Replies

• Options
    Looks like you are well on your way to building up a Droid team.

Start going for Poggle in GW shipments (to make him your leader)
    Royal Guard is very good but hard to farm
    Focus on only 10 primary toons (5 Light and 5 Dark) - do not try to level and star everyone

You will need some healers
    You will likely want Lumi and JC on light side
    You might consider Daka for dark side (otherwise you use Talia)

Do not get distracted by Events and stuff until you reach level 70 (Yoda is good but if you want him at 7* you need to commit to a Jedi Team)

Remember that a gear level increase is the same as a Star level increase (so don't forget gear)
    Do your 2 Regular energy refreshes every day
    Also do your 1 Cantina refresh everyday if you can afford it

Save your purple mats and only use them where they count (don't waste them on Leadership abilities for toons you wont use as leader for example)

• xdecide
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

my RG is on 3 Stars and Lumi on 4.

Who is JC?
  • Options
    Jedi Consular
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Is Poggle as Leader Actually better than HK47?

Also who is a good Tank on the light side?
  • Options
    Duholdgitch gave good advice. Especially the advice to focus on a small group of toons at first.

Once you get into Galactic War, buy Lumi shards with your GW credits until she's 7 star. She's the best overall toon in the collection, in my opinion. Strong heal, strong hit, good dodge rate and good speed. Then move to Phasma. I wouldn't spend money on the others you mentioned. Finn has a decent first hit, even at low levels, and if you see it, you'll be enamoured. But I can speak from painful experience that spending resources to level and gear him up will be a waste. He falls behind other big hitters in the collection. Leia and GS are two good ones you have now. Tie Pilot got nerfed and is now just mediocre...he's decent, but a pain to star him up.

On Galactic War: this is a great opportunity to help players level up fast. You can potentially earn 450K credits every day. Run at least 2 healers at a time in there, and with a cadre of 10 light and dark toons leveled up and equipped, you shouldn't have a problem mixing and matching to beat each battle every day.

In Cantina, you have some good toons to consider buying from the shop: QGJ and Daka are probably the two best. QGJ or Ventress are essential for going against tanks with a taunt. Daka is an incredible controller who has a very high stun rate and a chance to resurrect dead toons. Building up from Cantina shop is slow going, though...typically you get enough Cantina credits to buy 5 shards every day or every other day, depending on how often you refresh.
  • Options
    xdecide wrote: »
    Chewie is probably better for LS, cantina and GW, but ST Han is better for arena. The issue with ST Han in LS, cantina and GW is his low health. Once he taunts he'll probably die.

• xdecide
    114 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys,

as of now i dont seem to care alot for arena, i get my 700 points and thats it, seems like arena needs alot effort, so ill pass by now.

LS:
    QGJ
    JC
    Chewy
    Lumi
    Leia.

Should i consider Poe? or did the nerf hammer hit him too hard?

Would that make a decent team for LS?

How valuable are droids for GW? i have them quite high level'd up
  • Options
    That's a decent alas team. All are viable on up except for maybe Chewie. And I'm seeing. Few teams run him out at level 70 and above now days.

Wouldn't bother with Poe, unless you already have him at 5* or higher. Better toons to focus your time on.

Droids are certainly a viable team. They hit hard. They're vulnerability is they take a lot of damage ("glass cannons"). A good taunt helps them a lot (RG,STH)
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I run full 7* droids and I personally am baffled as to why people lead poggle over HK, HK's leader ability is the best in the game imho, but you can get both and try them out, poggle is definitely good to have on a droid team

Oh, and my droids take me decently far in GW, but it's best to have a healer you can switch in in emergencies
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    thanks alot im going for a droid team, i seem to enjoy them the most

i also have sun fact, is he worth being considered over RG? i read alot of good and bad comments.
    Thire wrote: »

I run full 7* droids and I personally am baffled as to why people lead poggle over HK, HK's leader ability is the best in the game imho, but you can get both and try them out, poggle is definitely good to have on a droid team

Oh, and my droids take me decently far in GW, but it's best to have a healer you can switch in in emergencies

how does your team look like bud?
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options

If you use GS then Poggle lead, but I never use GS, switch him out for a tank, STHan works, but RG since you have him is great too.
    Otherwise, stay HK lead, but add in Poggle
    I am Norwegian!
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Tayvyer wrote: »

If you use GS then Poggle lead, but I never use GS, switch him out for a tank, STHan works, but RG since you have him is great too.
    Otherwise, stay HK lead, but add in Poggle

Poggle (L)
    GS
    Sun fac ( or RG? )
    IG 86
    HK-47

or

HK-47 (L)
    IG 86
    Sun Fac
    RG ( or IG 88 ? )
    Poggle

wich one would be better? 2 tanks are abit too much right? Lacking some fire power. would there be a better option than IG88?

• Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    @xdecide you have Sun Fac? Or planning on spending a lot of money on getting him?
    If no, then don't think of him.
    I would recomend:
    HK (L), 88, 86, Jawa engineer and the last slot, choose between: Poggle, RG, STHan
    I am Norwegian!
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Tayvyer wrote: »
    @xdecide you have Sun Fac? Or planning on spending a lot of money on getting him?
    If no, then don't think of him.
    I would recomend:
    HK (L), 88, 86, Jawa engineer and the last slot, choose between: Poggle, RG, STHan

Thanks form your suggestion.

I have Sun fac hes Level 4 like almost all my main characters except Darth maul hes 5*

im by no means a top player i started 2 weeks ago playing this game and grinding my way up