Holy Mary Mother of God..

Prev13
Players work for months. Multiple hours a day. They build up characters, 1 shard at a time. They spend over 3 million credits to level each one. They grind gear in the tens of thousands. They slowly power up their weapon levels. They study strategy religiously.

Then noobs flood the forums in protest. "We can't beat Fives! We can't beat Leia! Old Daka just zapped me into the stone age! Fotp one shot me! Rey broke my knee caps! Royal Guard violated my wife! Nerf them!

If you cry for a nerf, understand what you are asking players to sacrifice.

Replies

• Options
    agreed, I think most people asking for nerfs are people who cant be bothered to actually farm those characters themselves and just want them nerfed so they dont have to put an iota of thought or effort into finding a way to beat them, or heaven forbid making their teams better so they can compete! much easier just to cry nerf

nobody is asking for FOTP nerfs anymore, they already nerfed him into the ground, my fave toon reduced to uselessness, goodbye sweet prince, we had a good run :(
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    The nerf requests are the most annoying thing on this forum tbh.
  • Options
    I hate RG and want him nerfed, but I would much rather the devs started a policy of stopping to nerf all together and only buff from now on. But that would make sense and not anger people, and that doesn't seem to be the goal of the development team
  • Options
    Royal Guard violated my wife!

lmao. dang...RG taking the poke to a whole new level...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Those people want the game handed to them on a silver platter. They can't be bothered to adapt to the meta and would rather go on the forums to complain hoping the devs listen to them.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    +1903.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Bunk71
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Asking to nerf a character is ridiculous. When they finally get their wish- they level up said character- and now they want it buffed. Couldn't agree more- leave it alone or find another game.
  • Options
    As soon as I hear a toon is OP i try to farm him as quick as possible. I have been late to the party almost everytime (looking at you FOTP) but it's fun to have powerful characters. Doing damage and wrecking people make this game replayable. If every toon was the same power and did mediocre damage I would have deleted this game months ago. Luckily I have fives at 7 stars this time and just got him to hear level 9 so I am having lots of fun. And guess what?? I still lose! He isn't unbeatable. He is just a bruiser who will punish you if you don't account for him. I agree with you OP. If I lose my month of farming fives on a gamble he would be better post update I will not be happy.
  • Sweep
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Don't blame the whiners for changing the game... Every customer will whine at some point and that doesn't mean they know what's best. It's up to CG to take customer feedback or leave it.
  • Options
    the calls for RG nerfs are just as bad as FOTP nerfs

hes very very beatable

I can beat gear 9 RG's in arena with not too much trouble, just need to target him first

if you cant beat RG then you need to make your team better, hes not OP in any way shape or form

hes just an all around good character now

they should try and make some of the lesser characters better, instead of nerfing ones that actually have some use

but of course cry babies will win and RG will get nerfed when its totally unecessary
  • Bim_Bom
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have avoided farming various powerful characters that some call OP. Not because of some bizarre moral high ground or anything - just because Im not interested in them as characters. I sometimes get crushed by them in arena/GW. But I wouldn't ask for them to be nerfed because I think trying to rush them into changing characters is one of the surest ways to run the risk of causing greater imbalance. Just get the characters you want, ignore the ones you don't and if you lose to them... shrug it off. is that so hard?

Forget Dooku. I have my 7 star biggs darklighter and I don't care how many matches I lose :)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Well, the argument I hate the most, coming from nerfers is, balance of the game, well the geniuses apparently already played the game at the real max level, with all toons at gear 12, and whatever max the ability will be.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Some abilities lead to negative player experiences, like dooku, assuming old Ben, etc.

Some characters are just strong and diverse, like QGJ, lumi, etc.

We should be asking for buffs to the perpetually underpowered and forgotten, or the unjustly nerfed, like asajj, talia, Finn, FOST, Anakin, etc.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I went over this back when Poe was nerfed, which I was both for and against. I'm of the opinion that sometimes you need nerfs, BUT you can't implement content nerfs without a much better system for returning the investment players put into the characters.

Hearthstone has a crafting system where you can break down cards into component materials to create different cards. Usually you get 1/4 of a cards crafting cost if you break it down, but if a card is nerfed you have a 2 week window to break it down for a full card worth of crafting material. If when a character was nerfed in SW:GoH you could reset them to 0 shards and regain all gear, droids and credits used on it, plus "shard material" to construct a new character of the same rating, then we would be in a good place to start balancing. This would likely involve a much more robust character shard shop.

Once that's properly set up, you can adjust characters without punishing the player base.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    When I start hearing the whiners crying nerf because they got beat by someone it does make me hesitate to get them because for some reason EA bows to the babies and wrecks characters.

People need to learn to play or stop playing altogether
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I hate when they nerf a character that didnt need a nerf! Teebo, I am looking at you, ya little furball!

I'm fine if they want to balance things out but all they do is shift the meta to make it so the same teams show up again and again. That isnt balancing things at all. EA wants you to go after the new flavor of the month so people spend more if they dont have them.

Doesnt everyone get RG for free when they start the game? Who ever thought to level him up back then? He did zero damage and was just an OK tank. Now he's "OP" and everybody runs him. He can be beat with the right team with several toons but he is still on a TON of top teams. I think the main reason is the AI cant screw him up much. He auto taunts and has massive health. He also stuns a lot by himself. AI cant set his taunt off at the wrong time or mess things up.
  • Options
    100% this. Fix the broken stuff, if people don't like the game mechanics (Waah! It's too hard!) let them go elsewhere.
  • Options
    there are big disparities among toons. recent patch didn't address any of this it just shifted the meta a bit. everyone still runs very similar teams now w/ Dooku lead, RG, etc... the abusive dodge rates have ruined this game and made it a toin coss

I would rather see more balanced characters for better gameplay. when was the last time you fought an ewok team, rebel team, empire team, scoundrel team, nightsister team, resistance team, tusken team etc....?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, I've played a lot of games and been on a lot of game forums and I've never seen so many requests for Nerfs before.
  • Options
    Amen. The nerf calls have gotten totally out of hand. I guess it's because grinding a new character takes people so long - when their team loses ground in arena it's faster/easier to get the devs to nerf the opposition than work to build up a new squad which can compete/counter.
  • Options
    I completely agree with this post, it's ridiculous. Before I started hitting #1 I would get steam rolled by certain characters.. I never once asked for a nerf. For example droid teams use to be able to just smash me within like 10 seconds, now I dominate. It's also extremely annoying sinking cash into this game for characters, gear, upgrades just for them to nerf them because people are crying. It's usually someone with the most basic squad with absolutely no thought into the fight.
    "Fives took out 3 of my characters at the end of the match"... Maybe if you factored in that's he's probably higher gear Lvl, with an omega on his basic.. Oh and you waited to fight him at the last second with all of your characters low on HP without stuns?!
    It just doesn't make sense to me.

You think as a company they wouldn't just neuter certain characters people spend a lot of $$$$$$.
    It's poor marketing just like everything else in this game. I'm waiting for them to nerf Leia and I'm honestly just going to laugh.
  • Options
    DevilApes wrote: »
    "Fives took out 3 of my characters at the end of the match"...

Hah, I wish my Fives could do this! I'd at least like the chance to gear him up high enough to see if that's true BEFORE they nerf him.

• Options
    I usually think that people are mistaken when they complain about one character being overpowered. My opinion is that there is actually something else game wide that is imbalanced and that area in-game affects a particular character(s) making them appear overpowered.

I usually call for overall balance in the game to be restored, not to change a characters stats. One character doesn't make the game. Every "meta" toon is not owned by every player and those who didn't farm Bariss or Poe or Dooku or QGJ are still playing competitively and living to talk about it....
  • Options
    DevilApes wrote: »
    "Fives took out 3 of my characters at the end of the match"...

Hah, I wish my Fives could do this! I'd at least like the chance to gear him up high enough to see if that's true BEFORE they nerf him.

Same I can almost upgrade his basic for the omega, honestly he will probably get nerfed before I can have any real fun with him.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I am with you 100%. I originally called for Leia to be looked at because of the perma stealth at level 78. They have since fixed her so that she doesn't chain stealth on defense anymore. She will come out of stealth for a short time now before she restealths. So on offense you can keep her perma stealthed but on defense you have a small window do stun or damage her. They didn't change her abilities at all, just the way the AI uses them. I see that is a good compromise.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    +1 Let the devs focus on the actual bugs, game mechanics and new content. Crying for them to nerf/buff because new players don't understand how, where and when certain heroes/abilities can be best utilized is a waste of everyone's time.

Good thread.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    The 5's stuff is getting ridiculous now, I wish I could delete their threads
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    After being on here for a shade over a month, I've come to the conclusion that half of the people on here have no idea of what they actually want or need. They want to nerf toons they can't beat, yet whoever actually HAS those they can't beat put in time and energy and probably money into them. The other players can get there too, but they want the instant gratification of calling for a nerf because the grind is too long. I DO get the fact that there needs to be more team synergies and whatever and the flavor of the month seems to be what everyone runs in Arena but with any game like this, there's always going to be something that's more powerful than another and there's going to be a winner and a loser. Life sucks, buy a helmet.

But man, RG....though....first Dooku stole someone's sandwich and now RG is bagging up player's wives? NERF NOW!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Don't blame noobs.^^
    Seriously that attitude of some veteran players toward newbies and casual players **** me off in every game that has a competitive / high end aspect.

Anyway, even with nerfed characters you're probably skilled enough to defeat them! Moreover you willingly play a game that requires so much farming and investment, so you'll probably enjoy the challenge of a changing metagame.
    Personnally I have fun upgrading my characters and experimenting teams. I know that slowly but surely they will get better and I'll better understand how to use them. I never asked for a nerf and I'll let the so called "noobs" learn in peace, like I do and like most rookies like me probably do.

Live and let live!

(and now fellow Ewoks you can pitch me rocks :smile: )