Arena Comp Advice

Hey guys,

I have been lurking the forums here for awhile now (and have been taking more bathroom trips than usual at work as a result) and decided it was time to engage with the community. I appreciate all the knowledge that everyone has brought to this forum - it has helped make my playing experience very effective and enjoyable. Also want to give a shout-out to WhipiT who has provided some of those most thorough and valuable advice I've seen (and would really appreciate your insight here!)

I've been playing SWGoH daily since it was publicly released in late November. Since then I've invested ~US$200 in the game and have accumulated a good mix of characters. I'm in the process of identifying how to best assemble a solid arena team, and have for the moment decided that my character mix is well suited for an AoE team. Below is my character list (currently player level 57 with arena rank better than 50 on a daily basis):

Core Arena Characters:
6* Sidious
5* Luminara (farming in GW to 7*)
5* Phasma (typically leader - will continue to farm after 7* Lumi)
5* Kylo Ren (farming cantina shards)

Characters I'm Rotating In:
4* Darth Vader (like to swap in for good health and occasional solid culling blade proc)
4* Lando Calrissian (favorite, but don't wish to invest in packs to star-up)
4* Dooku (like to swap in for the bonus attack / counter attack synergy w/ Phasma)
4* Barriss (yee i copped the heroine pack)

Other Potential Characters
4* Ventress
4* Finn
4* Daka
4* Poe
4* Talia
4* Jawa
3* JC
3* Cad Bane
3* Ahsoka
2* TIE Pilot
3* FO Storm Trooper
2* Kit Fisto

My questions are as follows:
1 - Who would be the ideal 5th character to include from the pool of characters I'm rotating in, and why?
2 - None of the characters I'm rotating in are farmable at a solid pace (i.e. unavailable through shipments). What is a long-term character I can farm from shipments and invest in? (Assume it's Boba Fett and that is who I'm currently farming)
3 - Are there any other team comps you can think of as an alternate to my current one (given the players listed)
4 - Is it worth farming FO Officer to round out a FO team? Would this ever be viable in end game PvP (if not, feel like it's a complete waste)?

Thanks in advance for your time and thought.

Replies

• Options
    I would say chewbacca would be great for this team so that it can take the hits when plasma uses advantage all your other attackers would be op for that turn. Only bad thing is the farming
  • Options
    I have a similar setup, except I have no lumi, but I'm about to put Phasma in as lead as he is close to 6*, my kylo is almost 6* as well, my set up will be Phasma lead, dooku, vader, sid, and kylo, now the reason being I have vader instead of lumi is because typically even when defending with this team the enemy will go lumi down anyways, so I use vader because when attacking with this set up its a sure win regardless, but honestly I wish I had Fives instead of dooku....only because he has flawless synergy with Phasma, but currently with dooku being maxed in everything it'll take a good while to gear out fives
  • Options
    Also a good Phasma lead set up is fives, dooku, lumi, and kylo
  • Options
    Or you can forget dooku and use vader on that set up, either one is fine
  • Options
    Thanks for the insight. Is Fives a clear advantage vs. Boba? I'm currently 52/80 to unlocking Boba and wondering if I should change my farming strategy.
  • Options
    Endorphins wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight. Is Fives a clear advantage vs. Boba? I'm currently 52/80 to unlocking Boba and wondering if I should change my farming strategy.

Dude you sure you only spent 200$? That's some lineup you've got there.

Seriously, I am a big AOE fan. if you want to build an AOE team, then I suggest you go all out on offense. Forget about healers. The best defense is offense. Get the most damaging and farmable AOE heroes. That's why I don't think Lumi is a good fit there.

I've been playing a droid team and it got me to 1st place quickly. Now the big spenders in my server are getting more and more powerful on offense. My droids can't keep up anymore. That's why I'm building a new AOE team that can destroy the competition.

Sid leader
    88 glass canon 20k -25k damage AOE
    Jawa glass canon AOE damage not sure, but I think
    it's a big number
    Dathcha glass canon similar to jawa
    Poe Speed boost and taunt, great set up and
    protection for the rest of the team

What do you think?
  • Options

Seriously, I am a big AOE fan. if you want to build an AOE team, then I suggest you go all out on offense. Forget about healers. The best defense is offense. Get the most damaging and farmable AOE heroes. That's why I don't think Lumi is a good fit there.

I've been playing a droid team and it got me to 1st place quickly. Now the big spenders in my server are getting more and more powerful on offense. My droids can't keep up anymore. That's why I'm building a new AOE team that can destroy the competition.

Sid leader
    it's a big number

What do you think?
    I'm not sure about jawa, I'd go Kylo before him. You could also do an AOE team with Sid, Kylo, Poe, 88, and Vader. I've hit it a few times in arena and it's a tough team to beat. Now if only lando were farmable...
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »

Sid leader
    it's a big number

What do you think?
    I'm not sure about jawa, I'd go Kylo before him. You could also do an AOE team with Sid, Kylo, Poe, 88, and Vader. I've hit it a few times in arena and it's a tough team to beat. Now if only lando were farmable...

I believe Jawa hits harder than Kylo, I like Vader, but he is not farmable and AI doesn't know how to play Vader correctly.

There are other options I am sure, but I like to give jawa a try first. Plus what's the fun when everyone plays the same characters?

• Options
    Finally broke the top 10 today. I defeated a first order team comprised of kylo, phasma, FO officer, FO TIE Pilot and Lumi. Guess that answers my question if this particular comp is feasible in end game PvP. Only thing to note was that the defensive AI was pitiful - wiped this team without a single death on my side.

Also convinced Dooku is a must-include in my current setup. His presence on a defensive squad brings a nice intangible advantage in that it forces the opponent to adapt. Going to roll with him and possibly bring Fives into the mix once farmed.