Guild name correction update?

@ea_jesse

I was one of the many who created a guild as soon as the update was available. At that time many of us received an error and the app crashed when clicking to create the guild. When we signed back in we saw that the guild was there with no leader and we could not join our own guild.

In the thread regarding Error3.0 you stated the following:

"Also, for those that created a Guild but were kicked out, go ahead and create a new Guild (should be able to now without any issues) and make it similar to what you wanted it to be, such as adding a 1 or number to the end. After doing this please write in a support ticket so that we can track this and attempt to get you the original name you wanted for your Guild."

I followed those directions and received an email that it is a know issue and the team is working on a fix and it closed my ticket.

So for now we are still stuck with "BB 8 my homework 2" instead of the "BB 8 my homework" that was first created and is lifeles with no leader and was created as invite only.

Any update on when or how I will be able to change our guild name back to the original name desired?

I know it's been a crazy week for you. Any info that you can provide would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

Replies

• Options
    I'm also really curious about this, because EA support was incredibly rude about this situation and unlike we were told, were ZERO help in the matter.

I'd like to not have my guild look like some sister guild, due to poor testing/coding.

@EA_Jesse @EA_CSIL @EA_Eric @EA_ModMike @EA_Nils @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Method @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Maybe one of you guys can give us some insight here. Raids are distracting most from asking about this, but it's definitely not gone unnoticed.
  • Options
    Apparently they don't care to keep their promises or even acknowledge the issue.

This is messed up @EA_Jesse we shouldn't still be using the secondary guild name we were told to choose by you now a week later.
  • Stingray
    107 posts Member
    Options
    @TheMadTwadder some acknowledgement of the ongoing issue would be great.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
    It would be most appreciated if we could get any kind of a status update on this. We've followed the direction that was provided originally but have been in the dark since then. Tickets were opened and then closed by support with no further direction provided.

ps. Awesome job with creating the raids! Our whole guild is really enjoying it. You can tell a lot went into making it and it's a great place to use the whole roster we've been building over the past 6 months. Well done.
  • Options
    Day 9 without any acknowledgement of this.

@EA_Jesse
  • Stingray
    107 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

not to go all Adele on you but....

Hello?
  • kfmsooner
    17 posts Member
    Options
    This is an important topic and my guild is affected. Please Devs respond. It's just a name change...can't be that haed
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    We are now in the top 20 of the guild leaderboard with our modified name showing everywhere because of the guild set-up bugs. Can we have it changed please?

Inglorious Blasters 2 no longer require the '2' at the end!

@TheMadTwadder @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

You did tell us to use the replacement name and that you would fix it - please do!
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    We're still waiting... and happily placed in the top 20 guilds with a silly '2' after our name...

Our success means everyone is reminded of the promise that hasn't been kept or acknowledged yet...!
  • Stingray
    107 posts Member
    Options
    @Sarryen Congrats on the Top 20. I saw you guys in there.

Also great guild name! Well, except for that "2" at the end, it seems unnecessary.

About that... @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Stingray - thanks!

We all wish we had thought of a guild name that didn't have an unnecessary 2 at the end... oh wait, hold on, weren't we told to do this by @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera ?
  • Options
    Please PM me your Guild Name as it is currently so that I can get it changed to drop the number. This is ONLY for those Guilds who had the issue of creating a Guild and running into the error that kicked them out, forcing them to create another Guild and adding a number to the end.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Stingray
    107 posts Member
    Options
    @Sarryen you know, now that I think about it, maybe they were using us as clever early advertising for the "double drop" promotion.

"Free 2's for everyone!!"
  • Options
    Thanks @EA_Jesse
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @EA_Jesse for responding to our posts before we descended into further sarcasm and bitterness! :)
  • Stingray
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @EA_Jesse most appreciated!!!

PM sent.