Please change raid reset time

DrD
91 posts Member
edited April 2016
So it appears right now, no matter what time your guild starts a raid (non-heroic), the character reset occurs at the guild leader's standard reset time. This is very confusing for one thing, as it's different than the guild reset time and it's also not at all based on when you start the raid. It has also lead to much of my MDT-based guild having to basically wake up in the middle of the night to get a chance to deal any damage on day 2 before the rancor goes down. My guild is spread out around the world, so it's a huge disadvantage to all of us in the western hemisphere.

We chose MDT as our base for the reasonable guild reset time so our members could be online at the reset, which is what makes the most sense for the dailies. With that in mind and for some consistency, I feel the guild reset should serve as the reset time for raids as well.

If nothing else, please change it to be based on the time the raid is started. That way, we could choose to start the raid at a time that works for us and have the reset occur at that same time every following day until the raid is completed.

If others have a preference between my proposed options or have other ideas, feel free to chime in. Hopefully we can get the attention of the developers to at least consider changing this.

Post edited by DrD on

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of starting the timer when the raid is started... so 24 hour countdown from there till you get your reset (assuming non heroic).