Rancor Team Recommendations

Hi All, looking to find out what worked best for you during each stage? Right now i'm interested mostly in final stage, but please share what you've learned!

Replies

• Options
    I used qgj (L)
    Lumi
    Kit fosto
    Old ben
    Yoda
    Lasted a long time and did loads of damage while lumi healed and kept them
  • Options
    How do you deal with the Rancor eating your characters? I feel like that cheap move was added just to limit each attack to some absolute time limit.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    You cant stop devour entirely I believe. It is a good way to stop fights going on indefinitely, makes you have to deal as much damage as quickly as possible instead of doing loooong fights.
  • Options
    Qgj- leader
    Lumi
    Yoda
    Poe
    Jc or Barriss

Rancors attacks do 30% less damage to taunting toons and Poe resistance is high so he can usually avoid healing immunity and his taunt reduces turn meter. I'm gonna work in leveling up st Han so I can have two turn meter manipulation taunts. Also I think Vader might be decent as well if you can get him to 5 stars bc he's so tanky
  • Options
    I went with Boba (L), Jawa, Phasma, Greedo and Poe or RG, cant remember, and was a bloody mary. Greedo and Jawa hits hard with Phasma's crit, and Jawa do more with debuffs
  • Options
    I went with
    Bariss L
    Old Ben
    Rey
    Lumi
    Phas

Only stopped when all eaten
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input here guys, gonna add mine too, this is " I DONT work"

Phasma ( L )
    RG
    Daka
    QGJ
    Lumi

It's a great arena team, Daka is WEAK for a second person.

If anyone has input on how Teebo is as a lead and gaming turns out from under them LMK.
  • Options
    I blew through my characters for the day, but tomorrow, I am going to try Teebo lead on at least the Pig stage. I think hitting lead pig with turn meter reduction is a big key.
  • Options
    What Level/tier were you doing? We were doing level 5, still are.
  • Options
    Leia's triple-shot and 2x multiplier helped quite a bit.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Since TM is important with the Rancor I am eventually going to try a team of:

HK (L)

Poe

Phasma

The TM will be sick and the damage will be, also. I recommend this for either a first attack or when the door CD will be almost reset at the start. No heal = necessary for the team to get it, nuke him for a few turns and then perish.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda also works perfectly against the rancor. I was able to give foresight to my entire team both times that he did his AoE attack. That was without Qui God lead so I highly recommend not using QGJ lead if you use Yoda or the timing will likely be off.
  • Options
    First Order Tie Pilot with First Order Officer
    He did a sweet 124,000 damage for me.

I also liked how Yoda could steel abilities against the Pigs

I also found Admiral Ackbar useful against the Pigs for removing negative effects