Clone Team 5th Anyone???

What's up Star Wars fans
I run a pretty solid Clone team that does well now after the update. But I'm not sure if I should change things up a little bit. Here is what I run now

Rex (L) 6*
Fives 7*
Sarge 7*
QGJ 7*
Ploo Kloon 7*

All are lvl 76 with maxed gear
I Have a nearly maxed RG and got Han well off also. Didn't know if anyone out there is running something similar and how they are doing. I usually finish too 50 in arena like 42 47 and I feel like a swap here might make the difference to be too 20.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, questions, emotional out bursts are all welcome

Replies

• Options
    QGJ is good but with only one other Jedi that speed boost is a waste especially since it's Plo Kloon. RG is the kingpin in arena and he might be good to replace QGJ from a defense standpoint.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    I run Rex as leader so I don't use QGJ for speed I use him for assist and dispell/offense up, RG is a beast these day maybe I will play around with him
  • Options
    Hi! Glad to hear of your interest in Clones! I run a clone team that's top 5 on my shard, and this is my take on the team...

Outside the clones, put in Phasma and RG. Plo works as a situational swap for Phasma. You will have so much TM you won't know what to do with it all. Phasma's Advantage synergizes extremely well with CS for both speed and damage, and Fusillade is amazing for Fives. RG helps keep Rex, one of the squishiest toons in the game, standing upright, and offers a stun for tougher challenges.

You won't REALLY need a dispel for taunters because Rex's Subdue can chew through tanks, think of it as his own personal Expose where he doesn't even need to stick the debuff first.

Really Phasma and RG are the best complements right now; you can't go wrong.

• Options
    Are you using Phasma as your leader in the build you are discussing?

Also shame Ashoka and Anikan aren't designed to work well with clones...seems odd to me.
  • Options
    No, Rex is the lead. He needs the extra HP, and the TM gain on being hit with crits plays in n to the TM power of the team.

I totally get what you're saying about those Jedi...they all worked so closely together in the lore. Ahh well :/
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @JherenKharr speaks the truth. Phasma and RG are great with the three Clone amigos. Plo Koon only becomes useful at gear IX (he can get there without precrafting, but he's a'll hard to gear), but then he becomes great for removing taunts with no cooldown. He's a hard counter vs RG, and survives very well too. He'll never do big damage, and his Force Judgment is weak. But I claim rank 1 several times a week with Plo in the team so I can't say he isn't useful.

I've been looking around for other toons instead of RG, but right now I don't think there are any good candidates. Han would likely work very well once I have him at gear IX though.
  • Options
    What about phasma and Han with clones and have Rex lead that would be some crazy TM boosting
  • Options
    Also thanx for the advice @JherenKharr