Mk10 taggeco holo lens salvage?

This is the gear that was introduced to gear 9 build list during the pre crafting fiasco. I've been patiently waiting to find out how to aquire these items so I can take my heroes to gear 10. Now it is apparent that the only way to get this gear is to place 1st. 2nd or 3rd in a teir 5 raid, or place in the top 20 in a tuser 6 raid. Placing it these top positions in raids only gains you a CHANCE at these gear parts. I need 50 of them for 10 characters. That's 500 that are only available as a chance drop for top finishers. Do I have this correct? And is there anyone out there that didn't precraft that is aquiring these on a regular basis?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If you aren't unhappy enough, yesterday TI finished the first Tier 6 and 0/20 got any of the precraft items.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    How is this even possible @Qeltar ? It's going to take months to get the 50 required to level 1 hero. Meanwhile I'm fighting people in arena with gear thats glowing purple at 10 or 11. I don't even know because I can't get there.
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    It seems easier to just buy it from the shipment shops.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    They have to change it. I have no idea how this ever got through playtesting and QA but they must know by now that it is simply not acceptable.
    I am hoping it is changed sooner rather than later and am trying to hold off my (very itchy to start) guild by a day so hopefully they can patch things and also make the rewards less disparate between guild members.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still holding out hope that this is a very elaborate April fools joke :neutral:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Simda wrote: »

Sadly, this is what they want everyone to realize and no one to say. The update simply made all of the previously unattainable gear available - for purchase with crystals.

They simply released it with guilds as the distraction from the obvious cash-grab.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Simda wrote: »

Maybe that is the hope. The grind is so ridiculous that people are buying them with crystals. That's a good way to stop the progress of F2P and get the P2Pers spending again.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think this was intended to be this bad. CG does do a bit of cash grabbing but they have always provided ways for patient people to get most things.
    To retroactively add gear to existing items, then make a whole guild/raid system (that is thousands of person-hours of work there folks) that doesn't provide the gear.. it makes no sense.
    I think we will see this patched soon.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I honestly don't think this was intended to be this bad. CG does do a bit of cash grabbing but they have always provided ways for patient people to get most things.
    To retroactively add gear to existing items, then make a whole guild/raid system (that is thousands of person-hours of work there folks) that doesn't provide the gear.. it makes no sense.
    I think we will see this patched soon.

Remember....you are a slow learner. ;)

Honestly, I don't have that much faith in them anymore. You are far more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than I.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    There is just no way that you can rely on getting them in AT ALL if you areceived f2p. The only way to aquire them as F2P is to create a guild that is exclusive to f2players and dedicate your life to finishing tier 5 raids twice a week and ensuring you take 1st 2nd or 3rd. All this for a chance to drop. Amazing.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This is true. :)
    Still, this makes no business sense. If they just wanted to cashgrab everyone for those items, there were far easier ways of doing it than this. Putting in a whole new content feature that everyone hates is not a winning recipe for them or us. And I have never seen so many people this angry, this dwarfs even the Barriss nerf craziness.
  • Options
    It is impossible to go
    This is the gear that was introduced to gear 9 build list during the pre crafting fiasco. I've been patiently waiting to find out how to aquire these items so I can take my heroes to gear 10. Now it is apparent that the only way to get this gear is to place 1st. 2nd or 3rd in a teir 5 raid, or place in the top 20 in a tuser 6 raid. Placing it these top positions in raids only gains you a CHANCE at these gear parts. I need 50 of them for 10 characters. That's 500 that are only available as a chance drop for top finishers. Do I have this correct? And is there anyone out there that didn't precraft that is aquiring these on a regular basis?

You are for sure correct. They dont want us to go gear 10.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    A dev just posted on Reddit:
    swivelmaster

I had to leave work early yesterday so I haven't heard the details about this issue so I'm not going to guess... But obviously if this is true it would be very disappointing. But also, if it is true, you can bet we will fix it ASAP.
    FWIW.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    They MUST change reward system and rewards along with drop rate, imo they should remove old (farmable) gear.
  • Options

Awwww...booohoooo.

There are lots of people that have no access to pieces to gear to 9...and you are crying about not getting to 10.....wah wah wah wah.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    K1ngYoda wrote: »

Awwww...booohoooo.

There are lots of people that have no access to pieces to gear to 9...and you are crying about not getting to 10.....wah wah wah wah.

Did you read the first sentence? I'm talking about the equipment needed to get to gear 9. Others are at 10. I'm trying to get there. I can't do that without the gear to proceed to 9. Too many big words I know. Try to sound them out.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    A dev just posted on Reddit:
    swivelmaster

I had to leave work early yesterday so I haven't heard the details about this issue so I'm not going to guess... But obviously if this is true it would be very disappointing. But also, if it is true, you can bet we will fix it ASAP.
    FWIW.

I don't follow reddit. Maybe i should. Hopefully they can get this fixed rather quickly. I feel like we say this after every major update? The rancor raid was fun once. If the rewards aren't worth the effort the is no reason to run another raid.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Honestly, I don't have that much faith in them anymore. You are far more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than I.

I hope you don't end up being right.
    It's after 5 in California and not a peep out of them. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    You are slightly wrong @Qeltar . Jesse made an appearance to move a thread about the worthlessness of magnaguard in the general topic to the "character discussion" area. Even posted a comment saying so. At least the important issues are being addressed.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Widget_gaget - if they don't give him anything to tell us, he can't say anything. I never put stuff like this on Jesse.
    It's possible they are working on a patch. It would be nice if they'd say something.
  • Options
    I am more surprised at the lack of rage from the community over this than the lack of communication from CG. This is the type of problem that can kill this game. Way worse than one or two powerful heroes that get raged on nonstop here.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Problem with the high tier prize boxes is there is a bunch of stuff no one wants and it worsens the RNG
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The rare gear is now in every reward box of the Tier 6 raid. Haven't checked the others yet.