The gear fiasco - It finally makes sense!

BillyBeans
440 posts Member
edited April 2016
Sorry for the wall of text, but hear me out...

Also, sorry for any spelling errors as I am on my phone.

Yes, this is a conspiracy theory, but I think it makes a lot of sense...

I also am not calling anyone out to avoid this being moved/deleted.

Let's look at the facts.

Level 70 cap era
1. For months people complained about "purple blow dryers" "purple salt shakers"and needing 300+ of them.
2. All of the sudden everyone sees that "sneak peek" in the challenges that both of the pieces will be available in the level 72 challenges.
3. People stop farming gear as hard since it will be available in the challenges (I know I stopped going so hardcore on gear since I was not gaining XP while sitting at level 70 and knowing that the gear I needed was about to be in the challenges...I decided, like many, to start farming shards of characters I wanted) not to mention the atrocious drop rates on the gear, which I could resume when I needed xp to level up again.

Immediately pre-level 80 cap update

1. A Dev posts that certain gear (furnace / droid callers) are being changed to require an additional 50 pieces of gear that will be available SOON with or after the level 80 update.
2. The post mentioned above happened a few hours before the update went live, so if you had been farming blow dryers and salt shakers, you could pre craft the furnace, etc.
3. Pre-craft or to not pre-craft debates flood the forums. Will I lose it if I pre-craft, blah blah blah.
4. People pre crafted (but only the hardcore gear farmers that never bought into the plot of the "sneak peak" or the whales that don't care one way or the other) since they had the required gear to do so.
5. People did not pre craft in fear of losing the material...because honestly, why would A company let there be such a massive disparity amongst players who read the forums in an 8 hour window.
6. People are split like the boys and girls at junior high dance.

PostLevel 80 cap update
2. Pre crafters have a MASSIVE advantage with QGJ, Rey, Daka, Dooku, etc all going to gear 9, and leaving those that trusted the morals of the game in the dust.
3. We are told "GUILDS ARE COMING! GUILDS ARE COMING!" "The raids against the rabid beast known as the Rancor will give you these unobtainable gears!!!" And people screamed from the rooftops with excitement and praised the Dev team! (The raids are awesome, btw!)

Guild update
1. People are so anxious to see the rancor and fight along side their guild mates.
2. Everyone sees how rewards are distributed. Rage ensues, babies are thrown out with the bath water, rage quit threads flood the forum like a young man hitting puberty and discovering certain websites.
3. Team Instinct defeats the rancor and gets complete junk rewards...the same stun cuffs, blow dryers that are farmable. Not, the unobtainable gear we all need.

But, wait...there is a solution. Buy the gear for $20 in shipments. This way you can keep up with those that pre-crafted and are dominating you in the arena, scoring more damage than you in the raid, etc.

In closing...this was all a plan, and in honesty, a freaking marvelous one (depending on your point of view) to get people to spend more money on crystals.

With out the pre crafters - we would ALL be in the same situation, which is less "aggressive" towards having to "keep up" with the gear 9 guys.

Thoughts?

Please do not delete this or move it. I am not trying to offend anyone in particular, and I did not call out anyone specifically.

Replies

• Options
    Lets says that none pre craft, and they anyways put the gear for 1600 crystals. There are a lot of people that will buy that anyways. The issue is not the pre crafters, the issue is bigger than that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »

Let's look at the facts.

Level 70 cap era
    1. For months people complained about "purple blow dryers" "purple salt shakers"and needing 300+ of them.
    2. All of the sudden everyone sees that "sneak peek" in the challenges that both of the pieces will be available in the level 72 challenges.
    3. People stop farming gear as hard since it will be available in the challenges (I know I stopped going so hardcore on gear since I was not gaining XP while sitting at level 70 and knowing that the gear I needed was about to be in the challenges...I decided, like many, to start farming shards of characters I wanted) not to mention the atrocious drop rates on the gear, which I could resume when I needed xp to level up again.

1. A Dev posts that certain gear (furnace / droid callers) are being changed to require an additional 50 pieces of gear that will be available SOON with or after the level 80 update.
    2. The post mentioned above happened a few hours before the update went live, so if you had been farming blow dryers and salt shakers, you could pre craft the furnace, etc.
    3. Pre-craft or to not pre-craft debates flood the forums. Will I lose it if I pre-craft, blah blah blah.
    4. People pre crafted (but only the hardcore gear farmers that never bought into the plot of the "sneak peak" or the whales that don't care one way or the other) since they had the required gear to do so.
    5. People did not pre craft in fear of losing the material...because honestly, why would A company let there be such a massive disparity amongst players who read the forums in an 8 hour window.

PostLevel 80 cap update
    2. Pre crafters have a MASSIVE advantage with QGJ, Rey, Daka, Dooku, etc all going to gear 9, and leaving those that trusted the morals of the game in the dust.
    3. We are told "GUILDS ARE COMING! GUILDS ARE COMING!" "The raids against the rabid beast known as the Rancor will give you these unobtainable gears!!!" And people screamed from the rooftops with excitement and praised the Dev team! (The raids are awesome, btw!)

Guild update
    1. People are so anxious to see the rancor and fight along side their guild mates.
    2. Everyone sees how rewards are distributed. Rage ensues, babies are thrown out with the bath water, rage quit threads flood the forum like a young man hitting puberty and discovering certain websites.
    3. Team Instinct defeats the rancor and gets complete junk rewards...the same stun cuffs, blow dryers that are farmable. Not, the unobtainable gear we all need.

But, wait...there is a solution. Buy the gear for $20 in shipments. This way you can keep up with those that pre-crafted and are dominating you in the arena, scoring more damage than you in the raid, etc.

In closing...this was all a plan, and in honesty, a freaking marvelous one (depending on your point of view) to get people to spend more money on crystals.

With out the pre crafters - we would ALL be in the same situation, which is less "aggressive" towards having to "keep up" with the gear 9 guys.

Thoughts?

Please do not delete this or move it. I am not trying to offend anyone in particular, and I did not call out anyone specifically.

In fairness, a Mk5 furnace costs about $10 worth of crystals, but yes, the guilds are NOT the way to get the unobtainable gear. It is clear that "Gear for money" is the M.O. here - Guilds are just a shiny distraction. They released both together, so the cash-grab wasn't as obvious.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Money grab team is way too pro
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    BillyBeans wrote: »

Let's look at the facts.

Level 70 cap era

PostLevel 80 cap update

Guild update

Thoughts?

In fairness, a Mk5 furnace costs about $10 worth of crystals, but yes, the guilds are NOT the way to get the unobtainable gear. It is clear that "Gear for money" is the M.O. here - Guilds are just a shiny distraction. They released both together, so the cash-grab wasn't as obvious.

My bad. Not sure how much crystals cost. I thought the 1500 pack was $19.99. I might be wrong

Still, you get the point
  • Options
    This is by far the most accurate thing I have ever read on the forums. It's all a greedy conspiracy.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I knew this direction would one day come to this game. I found it odd from the start that gear was so easily obtainable for almost nothing, it just couldn't last. Most free to play games profit from gear and advancements, I'm surprised how long we got before it converted. I don't mind supporting this game, and I'll toss 10 dollars at the screen for MK5 gear. EA/CG just needs to keep the prices realistic.
  • Options
    Just make all gear farmable. Simple. End of story. What else is needed to be said?
  • Options
    AS far as EA is concerned, people are not buying enough junk which is why there is a cash grab at every turn. They could influence people to spend, but not the way they are doing it. What they are doing will have the opposite effect where wallets will close and they'll make less instead of more.

What EA and CG need to grasp is that the strategies they use to increase their income only lessens it. If they offered the player value and listened to what the player base wanted, I'm sure they could make the income they desired while keeping the player happily buying more.

Other games accomplish this, why can't EA and CG figure it out???
  • Rebel
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Well said OP. Hilarious.
  • Options
    Oh, not to mention...now crystals are 25% more. Just buy the huge pile of crappp because you are getting more

Gotta give it to em...just wish they put this much effort into some new content that doesn't revolve around the cash grab
  • Options
    @Rebel thanks. I was curious how many would read the entire message so I threw some jabs in the middle. Haha