Whats the current meta?

Akavir
46 posts Member
Ive been active in game but since the major update ive been busy and away from the boards. Whats the great toons now and great squad comps? Do tell, do tell!

Replies

• Options
    Grind endlessly, complain that the toons you don't have are OP, get stuck at gear VIII, weep silently to yourself because... "Rancor".
  • Options
    The current meta is still shifting. This is because people are still gaining levels to 80 and starting to use Omega mats for skill upgrades. The dust will not settle until top 50 Arena (just a W.A.G.) are all 80 and Omega skills, this is where the meta will be determined.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    At this time, same at the old:
    RG, Daka, Rey, Phasma (L), Dooku (L), GS

ST Han kind of jumped in abit now that taunts draw counter aggro.
  • Options
    @Toukai GQJ is also great because of his buff removal, so is a great counter to STHan.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Dooku_for_days
    Cant believe i forgot QGJ since I used him exclusively in GW for pesky taunters.

Yea, throw QGJ in there too @Akavir

• Options
    The current meta is those who precrafted
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Ben(L),Rg,Fives,Leia,Qg.

You're welcome.
    {RotE}
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    IMO the current meta is the "Participation trophy meta"
    everyone can beat everyone, everyone's a winner.... no ones below average. That seems the goal anyways
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Currently in high end arena every single team has RG, Daka and QGJ. Dooku and Phasma are still common.
  • Options
    Running Ackbar, han, rebel scout, phasma and qgj, its awesome. More teams are becoming viable
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Currently in high end arena every single team has RG, Daka and QGJ. Dooku and Phasma are still common.

I agree with this for the most part. My shard has Old Ben, Dooku, Rex, QGJ, Phasma for leads. A lot of 5's, RG, Leia (or rey). There is a lot of variety right now as we all level to 80. The pre craft crowd is starting to have a bit of an advantage.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    IMO the current meta is the "Participation trophy meta"
    everyone can beat everyone, everyone's a winner.... no ones below average. That seems the goal anyways

Not on my shard. The top two whales on my shard are hard to beat. Their teams do well on defense. Once people catch up it will become very hard to win in arena in the future. There are quit a few good defensive combos now that people don't use a lot. Just My 2cents though
  • Options
    The current meta is those who precrafted

This.
  • Options
    RNG is also meta.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    I have seen a Han and Rg team near the top and they are pretty beastly together. Add in qg, Rey, and gs and they are amazing on iffense and defense.

But as someone else said, pretty much any team can beat any other team, but the scarier looking your team (Rg, Rey, gs) the less attacked you get.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running the ""protect Leia" team lately and I've got to say it's awfully strong.

Old Ben (L), Fives, Leia, Vader and ST Han (just switched him out for RG and his taunt followed by Old Ben's debuffs is awesome)

It's working pretty well for me currently
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks
  • Options
    The current meta is pay to win. Period. He who has the gear and has the Leia, wins.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Grind endlessly, complain that the toons you don't have are OP, get stuck at gear VIII, weep silently to yourself because... "Rancor".

True. Thought that was only me. But I am f2p.
    Cosmic Crew (guild)
  • Options
    Ace5 wrote: »
    Ewoks

THIS!!!

Ewoks+RG

But the next week will be full of Leyas, AA, Fives, RGs, SunFac, Jawa Engeneer and friends, Gamorean Guard, and Obi1