A taunt that doesnt taunt?? Is this a bug?

Maraxus
821 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hi
So the latest chromonium only toon seems bugged.
In this game, all taunt first action is to taunt. The objective is pretty obvious, you want a taunt to protec your squishiest toons

Its the main/only reason for taunts.

However Sun Fac is the ONLY toon taunter in the game that doesnt taunt as first move when played by AI.

This toon is very expensive being chromonium only (at least 600 usd) so him not working as the other taunt toons in the game needs to be fixed.

We base our decisions to go for such a toon based on the abilities described. If the ability is not consistent with what exists already in the game, it is misleading. And since the toon was very expensive, this has a huge impact.

So @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera can you have a look and ask dev to fix this. An active taunter should taunt 1rst move (like poe han chewie).

Thanks for your time

Replies

• Options
    I can attest, he never taunts turn 1 on defense. Seems like a big oversight in AI coding.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse i know you are busy but could it be possible to have a quick answer, just to know this is being looked at?
  • Options
    Same case here. I invested a lot of money to have SF and I stop using him at arena due this issue. He is not protecting my squishy toons the way supposed to be. I would appreciate a fix.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    An ETA would be appreciated please.
    Sun fac was not a cheap toon.

Thanks @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse would it be possible to know if this bug has a chance to being addressed within next few weeks?

Thanks
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, this toon needs to be looked at. Not taunting turn one is a big issue. He seems too not be very intelligent in AI control. He should use his dispel when ever possible (after taunt of course). His special ability seems to get priority and isn't really useful at all. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing it removed as it is completely mismanaged by AI control!

Thanks @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Would he be in danger of being OP/unbalanced if he taunted first?
    {RotE}
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

He'll a great taunter for sure, but he's useless right now. H just needs to function like all taunters do, set it first round. Sun Fac doesn't hit hard at all. He's a utility piece and until he is fixed he will be an useable piece (which shouldn't be acceptable for a brand new toon).
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    oALo wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »

He'll a great taunter for sure, but he's useless right now. H just needs to function like all taunters do, set it first round. Sun Fac doesn't hit hard at all. He's a utility piece and until he is fixed he will be an useable piece (which shouldn't be acceptable for a brand new toon).

This @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    Still no answer... And i thought chromonium toons were taken seriously...
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

I dont need a immediate fix, just know if this issue is being looked at and a probable fix in place sometime in the future
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    Unbeleivable, echo is fixed within a week, sum fac is not even looked at

This is focked up i'm loosing patience with you guys

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

Some kind of acknowlegmuent at least? This bug is every bit as bad as Echo, come on guys!!!
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    +1 simply unusable . Please fix
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I also invested in sun fac because I love his kit. I'd also like to see his taunt take priority from ai's first move.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    It's unfortunate that they aren't answering you, but I must applaud them for ignoring everyone's requests equally. That's at least a step in the right direction.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Yup pretty frustrating how fast they acknowledged echo so that his bug wouldn't dissuade people from buying him. But won't even comment on sun fac not taunting, leia not using stealth etc. =\
  • Options
    Plus it's only been a month. First you want bugs fixed promptly, next think you know we will be asking for characters that work correctly at release! We aren't dealing with Apple here.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    I really want to buy sun fac shards now that hes available in shipments, but if hes not working the way other taunts do using his taunt on his first turn, then hes useless to me. Wouldn't mind spending the money to get him, but not until hes fixed. Sorry to hear that for the ones who already purchased him. I hope they fix it soon, especially seeing how fast they fixed the AI on Echo.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    I bet if you put this post in general with the title of "PSA stop buying chrome for X, X is bugged" you would get a reply real fast lol
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

Not even a comment? Come on!
  • Options
    Apologies for the delay, people tag me in so many posts that it's hard to look at every one of them. I've reached out to our design team to see what might be going on here.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay, people tag me in so many posts that it's hard to look at every one of them. I've reached out to our design team to see what might be going on here.

Ok Jesse, that's great. Glad this is finally getting some visibility. Please keep us posted.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like we got our prayer!!! Can't wait to use him when they fix it :smile:
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Thanks for replying to the thread. Even with delay its always good to get a feedback to know that our concerns are taken seriously.

Hope that the fix commented in the update will make sun fac work correctly so that us who have bought it already and future interested player can use him fully

Thank you