Magmatrooper bug?

SaintEaters
412 posts Member
edited April 2016
Sorry for the length all. It starts about Magma but kinda falls into a rant on greed and when enough is enough and how they need to reward their players at some point.

It seems that magmatrooper's turn meter reduction on his special is able to be resisted since these Last few updates. It wasn't like this before.

First they go and take his already measly misquoto bite damage and make it so low he's almost unusable. His only saving grace was that turn meter manipulation.

It really makes me so mad bc when he was a Pay only toon he stayed the same, but once they released him to GW shipments they waited a while for everyone to sink all their money and resources into him before killing him.

I put a lot of time and money into that toon and making his tm manipulation able to be resisted is beyond acceptable. Now they release another pay only toon (sun fac) who is so op it's not funny. So many will try for him and spend money on him and after the income from him slows down they'll nerf him beyond recognition (probably not though bc they seem to love the bugs).

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    TM reduction can now be resisted
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Not a bug, TM reduction can now be resisted.

Other than that, agreed. It's ridiculous how bad some characters become as a result, and it shows absolutely no respect to the players.
  • Options
    Sorry for the length all. It starts about Magma but kinda falls into a rant on greed and when enough is enough and how they need to reward their players at some point.

It seems that magmatrooper's turn meter reduction on his special is able to be resisted since these Last few updates. It wasn't like this before.

First they go and take his already measly misquoto bite damage and make it so low he's almost unusable. His only saving grace was that turn meter manipulation.

It really makes me so mad bc when he was a Pay only toon he stayed the same, but once they released him to GW shipments they waited a while for everyone to sink all their money and resources into him before killing him.

I put a lot of time and money into that toon and making his tm manipulation able to be resisted is beyond acceptable. Now they release another pay only toon (sun fac) who is so op it's not funny. So many will try for him and spend money on him and after the income from him slows down they'll nerf him beyond recognition (probably not though bc they seem to love the bugs).

Seriously EA/CG, why put a character out there and let people sink money into him and THEN make him unusable. He is now nothing more than an expensive collectors item like General Grevious.

Speaking of GG, notice that they have done nothing for him either since he was released? Because he could be attained for free, despite the time it took or as a gift to the whales, they made him bad and broken and let him fall by the waste side.

I'm just sick of the greed. They want you to pay super high prices for a small chance to get what your paying for. The pay walls never end and there is no reward for passing them. When will they realize that they have to reward the players at some point. The raid reward system is a perfect example.

Everybody realized this a loooooooong time ago but they still play just to be mad at EA and CG.
  • Options
    Is that for every toon or just Magma? Either way, if they made it that way on purpose then everything I said is true.
  • Options
    Is that for every toon or just Magma? Either way, if they made it that way on purpose then everything I said is true.

Obviously on purpose.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Any that give TM reduction

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

All of them. Teebo, Magma, Assaj, QGJ, everyone.
  • Options

Seriously EA/CG, why put a character out there and let people sink money into him and THEN make him unusable. He is now nothing more than an expensive collectors item like General Grevious.

Speaking of GG, notice that they have done nothing for him either since he was released? Because he could be attained for free, despite the time it took or as a gift to the whales, they made him bad and broken and let him fall by the waste side.

I'm just sick of the greed. They want you to pay super high prices for a small chance to get what your paying for. The pay walls never end and there is no reward for passing them. When will they realize that they have to reward the players at some point. The raid reward system is a perfect example.

Everybody realized this a loooooooong time ago but they still play just to be mad at EA and CG.

I know. I realized how greedy they were long ago, but it's getting worse now. I wish it was possible to organize some kind of rebellion :smiley:

I mean like if everyone just stopped accepting their greed and stopped paying, I guarantee you they would fix **** quick. But no one will bc they will fear that they'll lose to much ground. We are enabling them to rip us off bc we do nothing about it other than moan and groan. The possible thing that could be done is to create a thread where every player can express their disappointment, anger, disgruntled customer opinions on the whole setup. But again, probably wouldn't help bc they'd turn a blind eye to it.
  • Options
    That's kinda dumb bc tm manipulation is all some toons have going for them. They have low damage and life bc of tm capabilities and now they go and make the thing that made them playable able to be resisted.

I swear I think that they are trying to push the direction of this game to high damage high speed. They nerfed everyone but the damage dealers, they make tm manipulation resistable, and so the only reliable way to win now is by pure high speed damage. Well, not the only way but the other options sure are getting limited.
  • Options
    I honestly feel resist is just crazy. Especially when so much is a chance to even try to apply.

There is another game I played, Debuff resist is only if you put certain things on your character, and it was so ridiculous they just nerfed it. And most things there are 80% and can be made 100% there.

Resist and Tenacity may need a re-look.
  • Options
    Ya this guy needs a serious damage boost, he's pretty much useless with his specials. And at 7 stars hits for like 2k.
  • Ace007kcmo
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Don't forget he doesn't crit on his aoe and TM can be resisted, not to mention his low damage now! Have a 7* 75th lvl and his aoe does +\- 1600 damage for aoe. It states also that it "ignores armor", really?

A little love please!
  • Options
    Just agreeing in his current state he is garbage. Mine is 7*, g8. His basic is terrible and his special is frequently resisted. To top it all off his special is unable to crit. He needs a rework.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Did anyone ask for TM to be able to resist? Chances of getting them to revert this one particular detail?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Did anyone ask for TM to be able to resist? Chances of getting them to revert this one particular detail?
    Someone mentioned it to a CG_________ and they said oh yeah it's a bug and should be resisted

• Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    It's ridiculous how bad some characters become as a result, and it shows absolutely no respect to the players.

FO Officer was my main toon, I passed up a lot of better options as I knew he'd be a key in my FO line up.

Then FO got nerfed.

Advantage got nerfed.

And now turn-meter reduction has been nerfed.

Basically I wasted months farming and gearing a toon that has now been nerfed to an Ugnaught-like level of uselessness. Thanks EA.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Bump also agree. All the cool characters suck, except old men and old night sisters.
  • Options
    Bump. Please fix, no seven star gear 8 toon should hit for under 2000 every time...
  • Options
    with TM reduction being 'fixed', at least CG could consider increase magma's damage..his main usage is his TM reduction and with that being able to resist, he will not be used. He hits way too soft even at 7 star gear 8. Please look into this toon and rework it. thanks
  • Options
    But dude they designed the game from the ground up...that means they planned it from day one.

Game quick fix: provide some pink slips to people who have a CG next to their name. Only true fix I see.
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    It's ridiculous how bad some characters become as a result, and it shows absolutely no respect to the players.

FO Officer was my main toon, I passed up a lot of better options as I knew he'd be a key in my FO line up.

Then FO got nerfed.

Advantage got nerfed.

And now turn-meter reduction has been nerfed.

Basically I wasted months farming and gearing a toon that has now been nerfed to an Ugnaught-like level of uselessness. Thanks EA.

Me too. I spent my 1 precrafted furnace on FOO bf the update and he got nerfed. I also maxed out Magma bf the update and nerfed. I still lvled and used Magma and FOO for the tm reduction they did and then... NERF!

How much resources I've wasted on tm toons I couldn't say. Tm toons were/have always been my focus toons bc I've always despised the high damage meta, so I countered it with tm manipulation.

To me it seems obvious that they are trying very hard to push this game to speed/damage meta. Think about it. Which toons took the hardest nerfs and which took the least? The fast, high damage dealers stayed just that and got protection to increase their survivability. All the utility/tm toons, which already had low damage bc of abilities, got nerfed more than damage dealers. Then they laid down the final piece of the master plan... Make tm manipulation resistable.

It's just ridiculous how they have taken so many people's suggestions for good changes and implemented them backwards or in some horrible way. They are killing this game.

As for magmatrooper, at 7* lvl 76 with Max gear he hits for about 1800 to 1900 in arena on basic, less on aoe, and his aoe is resisted by all about 90% of the time. This makes him useless.

The real/biggest problem is tm resistance though.