Fix GW already! Plus suggestions for how to do it.

Seriously. There is no reason why GW hasn't been addressed yet. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that guilds came out (despite being horrible flawed and poorly thought out). But seriously. Fix GW already. It should be embarrassing that this hasn't been addressed at all. Not even a decent lie like "hey we'll get to it eventually." The protection addition, while useful for arena, has completely ruined GW, a very essential aspect of the game. The worst part of all of this is that GW went from the best part of the game to the worst. Boring, time consuming, frustrating, and impossible to finish consistently.

Here are some ideas that I have seen tossed about. (In order of appeal to me)

1. Renew protection after every 3 nodes have been cleared. It's already set up in 3 battle stages, why not renew protection at the end of the third battle. This will keep part of the challenge because let's face it three battles against teams with full protection when you are losing protection the whole time is still pretty difficult. (but not impossible)

2. Let protection renew even when a character isn't in the battle. For example, you used your Rey on nodes 1 and 2. She is now completely out of protection (for the rest of GW). Now you can sit her out for a battle and she will gain back 25% of her protection for every battle she sits out. This way we still need to expand our rosters and use new teams, but its still possible to finish with careful planning.

3. Renew more protection between each battle. Instead of the current 1-5% protection being restored between battles, make it more like 20-30%. This will still be incredibly challenging, but at least you have chance to keep protection longer. Instead of the current 1-2 nodes, because lets face it. After two rounds of Sid's AoE your protection is gone. Not to mention the four other characters on the opponents team that are going to hit your characters.

4. Get rid of protection all together in GW. If its too difficult for you to come up with an actual solution for GW, just get rid of protection for everyone. Admittedly, I don't even like this idea, but its better than the nonsense that is currently going on.

Replies

• Options
    I am broken. I would tell my husband how GW was for me as he consistently finishes and I don't. He would always feel bad for me and finally offered to do it for me. I haven't heard anyone swear so much. We have similar sets, only one of his chars has one more star than me and he's getting starts of 63, 59 and 64 starts while I get 69, 70, and 68 starts that follow all the way to the end. I have only finished five times in three months. My power in arena is 26,400, his is higher. I have consistently gotten just below the top 100 in arena whereas he is nearly in the 50s.

Something is seriously wrong here, I have tried putting a team member in that's lower to gain advantage, change synergies and teams, thrown in fodder teams first and barely get to the third node before the last.

Please fix me.
    And then there were pants...
  • Options
    I completely agree since the update I have gone from being able to compete the gw to not even able to get to the last node battle.
  • sealjo
    9 posts Member
    Options
    I always finish GW but this killed the fun part. It just takes so much more time and feels like a chore today. No idea what the devs thought they would gain by making a gameplay change that makes the most time consuming part of the game boring.

Once the novelty of the raids wear off (they are great fun now), I'm gussing that they'll start to loose players due to the way GW works now.
  • Options
    Why won't they fix this mess, when dooku is leader it's one big dodge fest.
  • zerokale
    20 posts Member
    Options
    +1 to all of the above

I have been able to beat GW a couple times very recently, but it is MUCH harder, longer, and boring, and I rarely feel the need to put the time in to try anymore. We don't have hours to spend on this every day. And AI dooku lead ability is insane
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    sealjo wrote: »
    I always finish GW but this killed the fun part. It just takes so much more time and feels like a chore today.

+1000

and the payouts aren't even in line with higher level requirements -> credits and omega on last node. more work for less

• maxniko
    1 posts Member
    Options
    zerokale wrote: »
    And AI dooku lead ability is insane

Seriously, what is it with the AI? Every time there's a Dooku or Lumi lead team it's nigh impossible to hit any character. But whenever I use a similar level Dooku/Lumi it's like nothing. Every attack from the enemy hits home. This needs to be balanced out. Either nerf the AI's evasion ability or boost the chances of the player's evasion to kick in.
    sealjo wrote: »
    I always finish GW but this killed the fun part. It just takes so much more time and feels like a chore today.

Also this ^. Dude! It takes me a solid hour-hour and a half of concentration to get through it. And for what? 2 (or was it 3?) purple mats, 1 random shard (most of the time useless), and oh, yes, credits, which albeit they're the best source of income in the game, they're *too* hard won credits. The rewards should be way better.

One more very important thing: Please, pretty please, bring back the GW shop refresh with green crystals. Let me spend my [very] hard won crystals the way I want. Notice I said please and was nice about asking for this :)

• Options
    I totally agree 100% with these posts! If you developers are so called reading the forum then how come GW hasn't been fixed yet??????!!!!! Come on now, get it done before some loses control and starts taking matters into their own hands. I'm not asking you to consider it, I'm telling you to get it done! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pazyluz
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good Idea! Please listen developers, and thank you for the help.
  • Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My two cents worth and this is feedback for devs, not for anyone to come on and start having a go.

I first started GW back in Feb sometime and it was fairly easy,not a great time consumer and for the battles the rewards were fair.

However you've put in at least 2 updates on it now that I know of and tbh it's become a real slog.
    It's one of those battle areas I'm starting to dread.
    The battles are ofc harder and with every enemy team starting fresh against my own battle weary team the game starts to become the slog I mentioned.
    Retreat after retreat trying to get the right combination against the AI so I don't lose a valuable char,and I really don't have the time to spend like that.
    The rewards haven't changed in line with difficulty and if you play GW enough you know exactly what you're going to get and sometimes I think 'is it really worth another difficult battle for a poor reward?
    Unfortunately it has indeed come to that for me, I get to the third tier ish and I just don't bother anymore,and by that time my team is on its last legs anyway.
  • Options
    Yea once again I write in the forums expecting something to change and it hasn't. Been on the same GW node for over an hour now and 0 progress. So sick of this issue not being fixed. Maybe we need to email them with this an then maybe they will get the message?
  • zerokale
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I seriously just spent a full hour completing 4 nodes. FOUR NODES. Something is wrong with AI dodge, something is wrong with having to face node teams of similar level but much higher team rank, and something is wrong with having to retreat 5+ times before finishing a node without losing your strongest players. Only reason I stuck it out is for double rewards today. Developers, you have made GW a slog when it used to be fun. We HAVE to do it for the credits. Please make it fun again. I don't want to play a game that makes me slam the table in frustration.
  • Options
    I love this game. It had been fun since I started playing in December and it is great how the real events of Star Wars add to this game. BUT MY GOD PLEASE FIX THE GALACTIC WARS! I am close to giving up and I hope not to.
  • Options
    What is the point on posting on here????!
    I have been giving my honest opinion and stating that I used to fair pretty well in the GW before the "protection " update.
    Now I get absolutely no where.
    But as per the title "Nobody gives a monkeys"
    Thanks for nothing developers!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    What is the point on posting on here????!
    I have been giving my honest opinion and stating that I used to fair pretty well in the GW before the "protection " update.
    Now I get absolutely no where.
    But as per the title "Nobody gives a monkeys"
    Thanks for nothing developers!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I think the Community have posted enough Reasons to FIX GW.

But i see no Posts or a Reaction from EA or the DEV´s.

Is on any Website a Reaction from the DEV´s?
  • Options
    I only get to the node before half way.. First node starts all level 70 7*'s and then the levels go up from there. Impossibly brutal! I feel ur pain on this one :(
  • Saetet
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I only get to the node before half way.. First node starts all level 70 7*'s and then the levels go up from there. Impossibly brutal! I feel ur pain on this one :(
    Very old post hehe. But still back then it was insane.
    And then there were pants...
  • Options
    Last year it was better. I had a chance at beating it but now its impossible. I hope uve found a way to fix the issue for yourself?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I understand - there has been little, actually let me re-phrase, no response from EA or devs to a number of issues. Perhaps they are too busy fixing them or that just be wishful thinking on my part.

At the very least communication would be appreciated, at least to acknowledge our frustrations.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I understand - there has been little, actually let me re-phrase, no response from EA or devs to a number of issues. Perhaps they are too busy fixing them or that just be wishful thinking on my part.

At the very least communication would be appreciated, at least to acknowledge our frustrations.
  • Options
    They have been promising they will do something to fix GW since they ruined in with last months update but nothing. It is frustrating and I spend almost all day trying to complete. I get it done everyday for the most part but there has been a few times where I have lost all my guys before I could finish and that never used to happen before the update. Protection has taken out all the fun out of it now it's just frustrating redoing the same battles over and over till I get lucky
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    Options
    The best fix is to stop playing this game completely. Just look at my signature, I able to completed gw 120 times at lvl 53 without losing a single battle. After that, I just find the game boring and dull where we had to do the same thing over and over again. Your situation is a bit worst because it'll affect your overall behavior and health if you continue to torture yourself.
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    The best fix is to stop playing this game completely. Just look at my signature, I able to completed gw 120 times at lvl 53 without losing a single battle. After that, I just find the game boring and dull where we had to do the same thing over and over again. Your situation is a bit worst because it'll affect your overall behavior and health if you continue to torture yourself.

So you've gone from level 40 to 53 in 120 days? I've been playing for 5 months (~150 days) and I'm level 77. thats a bit far fetched, seeing as only a handful of people have completed the 150 GW achievement and they are the long time players who have been here since november
  • Options
    Currently there's a bug or stealth buff that allows your tm to persist battle to battle
    I'd say that reduces difficulty a bit, but yes protection in GW is annoying
  • Options
    Currently there's a bug or stealth buff that allows your tm to persist battle to battle
    I'd say that reduces difficulty a bit, but yes protection in GW is annoying
    I haven't noticed any change in difficulty