The hilarity of Jedi teams

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Dooku led teams dodge more attacks then phone calls from that wrong date.

Maybe you need to work on your finesse, Her Karma ran over your dogma.. just be more polite, then the calls will come...
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    It's not that they're useless, it'sbecause Dooku and Sids have specific buffs against Jedi. But with most every arena team running these two toons, it doesn't make sense to run all Jedi. I did once upon a time, but never broke top 100

You are doing something wrong, I can easily break 100 with all Jedi and some days if I refresh I can get to between 60 and 80, I don't care about being number one, so I sit in 100-200 range which is good enough the rewards beyond that are not worth the extra effort.

I am sure I can break 50 if given enough time, but I spend enough time in this game... I take my 100 crystal and have doing it. I play many other games..

Yeah, crystal refreshes to keep going is definitely a problem. The other problem is that especially as you get into top-20, you start seeing very high HP / Protection characters that can deal serious damage. The Jedi don't have enough of their own HP / Protection and damage to counter that. 5's with his double-tap counter attack at gear 8 is brutal. Tusken Raider is slow but has about as much HP / Prot as RG. Or teams that have Gear 8 or 9 7-star Rey, she wrecks face so it's very hard to hang. Jedi teams can't afford to lose QGJ or Yoda in the first round and a Jedi squad, in the current state, is not going to 1-turn kill any of the seriously geared DPS in the first turn. Not to mention, if your lead is QGJ RG will start taunting after he's gone already. Good chance one of your Jedi are dead before QGJ's turn comes back up to break the taunt. Jedi are fun for sure, it just depends on how competitive you want to be.

Your best bet to play a semi-competitive Jedi team is probably to gear out Old Ben and use him for lead. If you're F2P then something like, Old Ben (L), Yoda, QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka or ST Han if you're willing to go non-jedi for that 5th spot. Han will slow the other team down a tad and speed your team up.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's not that they're useless, it'sbecause Dooku and Sids have specific buffs against Jedi. But with most every arena team running these two toons, it doesn't make sense to run all Jedi. I did once upon a time, but never broke top 100

You are doing something wrong, I can easily break 100 with all Jedi and some days if I refresh I can get to between 60 and 80, I don't care about being number one, so I sit in 100-200 range which is good enough the rewards beyond that are not worth the extra effort.

I am sure I can break 50 if given enough time, but I spend enough time in this game... I take my 100 crystal and have doing it. I play many other games..

Your best bet to play a semi-competitive Jedi team is probably to gear out Old Ben and use him for lead. If you're F2P then something like, Old Ben (L), Yoda, QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka or ST Han if you're willing to go non-jedi for that 5th spot. Han will slow the other team down a tad and speed your team up.

EXACTLY what I am doing now, Old Ben is 82 of 85, so almost 6*.. I am hoping to have him ready in time for Yoda, we will see..

Also I have 6* Jedi Guardian.. yes guardian, everyone underestimates her, I am telling you NOW that she is awesome..

She has as much protection as HP! (15K each, so basically 30K HP) Very hard to bring down, I have tested her lvl 9 gear, 6* and I can hang with the big boys, trouble is like you said she is the last one standing if I had 2 of those.. well I think I could keep up at level 20..

Her tenacity is natural at 41%.. show me any other character with 41% tenacity and combined 30K hp... vs Sid Dooku Vader she almost never gets negative effects...

As soon as I have 7* guardian and Old Ben.. I am sure I will be climbing the arena and will not be as easily defeated..

Don't know why so many people give up on JG, she hits hard, and can ability block.. plus she has offense down. She is good just no pizazz..
  • Options

EXACTLY what I am doing now, Old Ben is 82 of 85, so almost 6*.. I am hoping to have him ready in time for Yoda, we will see..

I wouldn't play him for Yoda. When Yoda kills him you essentially buff Yoda too and Yoda does not need a buff. Unless of course they nerf the Yoda Event a little which I saw rumor they were, not sure if it's true or not.
  • WayoftheGods
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Yeah, crystal refreshes to keep going is definitely a problem. The other problem is that especially as you get into top-20, you start seeing very high HP / Protection characters that can deal serious damage. The Jedi don't have enough of their own HP / Protection and damage to counter that. 5's with his double-tap counter attack at gear 8 is brutal. Tusken Raider is slow but has about as much HP / Prot as RG. Or teams that have Gear 8 or 9 7-star Rey, she wrecks face so it's very hard to hang. Jedi teams can't afford to lose QGJ or Yoda in the first round and a Jedi squad, in the current state, is not going to 1-turn kill any of the seriously geared DPS in the first turn. Not to mention, if your lead is QGJ RG will start taunting after he's gone already. Good chance one of your Jedi are dead before QGJ's turn comes back up to break the taunt. Jedi are fun for sure, it just depends on how competitive you want to be.

Old Ben in my Jedi squad makes me drop rank. Qgj lead is still my go to ( sometimes Yoda if debuff heavy squad). By the time the opponents team gets a turn it's usually 5 v 4. Unless a bad case of rng hits. Yoda - Ahsoka - Qgj 9 out of ten times, will kill a high priority target before RGs taunt. I run Mace with my team for the extra buff clear. I stay competitive, usually getting my rank 1 payout (sometimes work runs late, or the rare snipe).
  • Options
    QGJ L, Yoda, Lumi, Ima Gun Di, Aayla. I rank #2 everyday on my Dec 1st server. It holds mid 20s on defense, and I fight back to #2. Rest of my server is Dooku leads with meta units. All Jedi may not be the best on defense, but no team really is. They do great on offense and synergize perfectly.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    QGJ L, Yoda, Lumi, Ima Gun Di, Aayla. I rank #2 everyday on my Dec 1st server. It holds mid 20s on defense, and I fight back to #2. Rest of my server is Dooku leads with meta units. All Jedi may not be the best on defense, but no team really is. They do great on offense and synergize perfectly.

That's cool. How come you don't use IGD as lead?
  • Options

Old Ben in my Jedi squad makes me drop rank. Qgj lead is still my go to ( sometimes Yoda if debuff heavy squad). By the time the opponents team gets a turn it's usually 5 v 4. Unless a bad case of rng hits. Yoda - Ahsoka - Qgj 9 out of ten times, will kill a high priority target before RGs taunt. I run Mace with my team for the extra buff clear. I stay competitive, usually getting my rank 1 payout (sometimes work runs late, or the rare snipe).

I guess it depends on the squad make-up. I've never dropped out of the top-10 since using Old Ben. One night I went from #1 to #2. :smile: Him and ST Han have good synergy and could be why. Maybe if the AI didn't play Yoda like a **** it would be better. lol
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »

That's cool. How come you don't use IGD as lead?

With everyone running Dooku, it pays to have Yoda go before and use Battle Meditation. Stops the stuns. They also run QGJ, who can dispel tenacity up for offense up, so that sucks. I'm also waiting till level 80 when I can upgrade Ima Gun Di leader for +25% counter damage. That's gonna make it worth the speed loss.
  • Options
    Jedi scum!
  • Options
    Theres a guy on my server named Sarukan. He uses IGD lead, barriss, old ben, kit fisto, and aayla. Offensively i dont know how capable it is. Defensively however, all that hp and counter attacks, he can easily time you out of the battle, ending in a draw.
  • Options
    I'm about 25 shards away from a 7* IGD. Even at 6* he's a tank, having about 27000 health+protection. I run him as leader with QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, and Ahsoka. Everyone is gear IX except Lumi. Ten minutes till my payout time and I'm sitting at 15, without having to refresh. Don't sleep on the Jedis, they're very versatile. Ben, Mace, JC, and Plo are all able to be swapped in depending on the situation. It can be done, don't listen to the nay sayers.
  • Options
    ....pretty much any team can beat any other team on offence and will lose to most on defence - nothing to do with who is in your squad, it is just bad AI. Saying that I don't get why you're trying to belittle Jedi teams - your team will die just as quickly on defence.
  • Options
    gitts411 wrote: »
    Theres a guy on my server named Sarukan. He uses IGD lead, barriss, old ben, kit fisto, and aayla. Offensively i dont know how capable it is. Defensively however, all that hp and counter attacks, he can easily time you out of the battle, ending in a draw.

Someday I will be able to run this team!!!!
    mbsliwa wrote: »
    I'm about 25 shards away from a 7* IGD. Even at 6* he's a tank, having about 27000 health+protection. I run him as leader with QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, and Ahsoka. Everyone is gear IX except Lumi. Ten minutes till my payout time and I'm sitting at 15, without having to refresh. Don't sleep on the Jedis, they're very versatile. Ben, Mace, JC, and Plo are all able to be swapped in depending on the situation. It can be done, don't listen to the nay sayers.

Nice!
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    daws901 wrote: »
    Arena - I literally can't get enough of fighting full Jedi teams, I seem to be completely unable to lose against them its hilarious.
    Just fought a team with 5k more team power than my team and finished with no deaths and finished on full health haha.

I run, Dooku lead, Sid, Lumi, Daka, GS. Seems to be my best arena team so far, hardly moves down the ladder when left alone!

Dooku and Sid dominating Jedi like they're LITERALLY DESIGNED TO?!

I don't believe it for a second.

That's like saying, "I totally just stepped in this puddle and my rubber boot didn't get wet on the inside at ALL."