May the 4th details!!!

Prev1
Star Wars Day wouldn’t be complete without Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Check out the special offers Capital Games has in store for Star Wars gamers on the go:

· Double Rewards – Starting April 30 to May 5, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will have double rewards (excluding XP) that players can earn each day with different game modes. The first mode to have these double rewards will be Cantina Battles. Be sure to log in to get double Credits, Ability Materials, Training Droids, Sim Tickets and character Shards.

· Sale on Crystal Bundles – Only on Star Wars Day can Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players receive 25% more Crystals when purchasing any of the Crystal packs available, limited to one of each pack, to use towards Data Cards or Shipment Crates.

Replies

• Options
    Double rewards sounds great although if its by mode, I highly doubt they will align with the daily guild mode requirements.
  • Options
    ObranVox wrote: »
    Double rewards sounds great although if its by mode, I highly doubt they will align with the daily guild mode requirements.

unlikely :(
  • Toonny
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I don't need double "character Shards".

Just give me 100% drop rate please for May the Force day.
  • Options
    Some light humour and an appropriate title for this little video. Enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ZRsf9sneQ
  • Options
    Toonny wrote: »

The regular shard rate was around 30%, so we can probably expect around 60% on shard drops.
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    The regular shard rate was around 30%, so we can probably expect around 60% on shard drops.

In similar games, it would still be 30% but you would get 2 shards each time you hit.
  • Options
    Bluerock wrote: »

In similar games, it would still be 30% but you would get 2 shards each time you hit.

This is how I interpreted the announcement as well. It didn't say double your chances but double your rewards.
  • Options
    Yes but can we refresh and do the cantina all day? Or are we gonna get the bonus for 120 energy then bust
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Yes but can we refresh and do the cantina all day? Or are we gonna get the bonus for 120 energy then bust

It's most likely all day
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

It's most likely all day

See i am way appreciative but it could entice people to spend money on crystals because its a no brainer given the deal is so great. Im saving cantina energy to see if it works past one round of energy. Or if refresh is cut off then i would be way ****:).
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

This is how I interpreted the announcement as well. It didn't say double your chances but double your rewards.

The percentage would still be 60% if they made them drop 2 shards instead of increasing the drop rate. That is how percentages are calculated. (Shards/Attempts)
  • Options
    knowing these guys itll be double the reward but half the rate
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

It's most likely all day

See i am way appreciative but it could entice people to spend money on crystals because its a no brainer given the deal is so great. Im saving cantina energy to see if it works past one round of energy. Or if refresh is cut off then i would be way ****:).

Even spending money on crystals wouldn't be worth it, because the increase in cost doubles and essentially cancels out the bonus you receive.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Toonny wrote: »

Pretty sure it's going to be 30% for 2 shards, not 60% for one.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options

The percentage would still be 60% if they made them drop 2 shards instead of increasing the drop rate. That is how percentages are calculated. (Shards/Attempts)

No, you have a 30% chance to win 2, not 60% to win anything. Are you sure you know how percentages work? Each time you hit sim, you have a 30% chance to get a shard. This weekend, you have a 30% chance to win 2. Not sure where 60 comes from.
  • Kopfschuss
    653 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »

No, you have a 30% chance to win 2, not 60% to win anything. Are you sure you know how percentages work? Each time you hit sim, you have a 30% chance to get a shard. This weekend, you have a 30% chance to win 2. Not sure where 60 comes from.

I am entirely sure how percentages work. If you deplete all your energy, you will have a certain number of shards per attempt. If the previous drop percentage was 30%, and you double the shard drops, it becomes 60%. I'm not going to write a 10 page thesis on the subject, but I encourage you to try out different examples to satisfy your curiosity. Here is a starting point for you...(#shards aquired / #attempts)*100. This will give you a percentage or drop rate for each shard. Math tip: If you double the numerator, it will double the result!
  • Options
    Semantics. The argument here is successful attempt rate (wins / attempts) vs. return rate (shards / attempts). It's silly to argue this as they are different metrics, but when people refer to drop rate, I have always taken that to mean success rate. If the reward was 4 shards per win, would that make the drop rate over 100%? No, it would not.

Also, none of this has anything at all to do with "how percentages work".
  • Options
    I would prefer getting two shards at once so I know that EA didn't **** up.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Are they really giving away Jawa as reward for the month of May as in SERIOUSLY!!
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Any idea when cantina double rewards ends?
  • Options
    Any idea what comes after cantina?
  • Options

Anything but bronzium rewards. Wow, 600 credits instead of 300!
  • Options
    Lol just got the announcement. Log in daily to find out between 930 and 1030 PST. Guess everything will need to wait then...
  • Options

It said GW
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »

That's exactly how it will be...or even worse. I can say with confidence that for specific gear you're targeting it'll be like 10%
  • Options
    how did this thread even get necroed?
  • Options
    grassrox wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »

That's exactly how it will be...or even worse. I can say with confidence that for specific gear you're targeting it'll be like 10%

Well. Hope u get a warning for this. There is no reason to revive a 1 yearbold tab and then say nothing worth in it about things that arent happening.
  • Options
    So, nice weather we are having eh?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    I love your profile pic Kopfschuss lol :D