credit crunch

Prev1
lunarwolf
357 posts Member
edited April 2016
I feel that there is a credit crunch in this game. tbh its starts at around levels 40 to 50, but the gap increases exponentially as you level up esp from lvl 70 upwards

it's great that there is a new level cap and raids as additional content; however increasing level prices, gear crafting prices, character promotions mean that you can only focus on a few toons to level.

as is, I have enough credits to max my main squad of characters and have many still in the lvl 40 to 50 region, yet I have thousands of training droids that I cannot use. Raids and GW require deep benches of characters, unfortunately the credits won't allow me to level enough characters to meet these ever goring requirements, yet the credits keep on trickling down like I was lvl 40. it's a catch 22.

to be blunt this is sstupid. rewards should scale up with levels, this is true of every single RPG I have ever played, and trust me it's quite a lot.

sorry but the profit mining event to supposedly gain credits is a bad joke, and GW scales in difficulty according to level yet the payouts remain the same

I think overall not only does this create frustration, but more importantly it reduces character rosters in arena since ppl focus on the flavour of the month toons. this inevitably makes every arena fight seem like groundhog day since there is a serious lack of variety/experimentation in squad rosters

my 2 cents

EDIT
remember: you need to level many more toons than just 5 for arena
-> you need many types of characters for challenges
-> you need a deep bench for GW
-> Raid is obviously designed for 25 character roster
-> need a LS and DS team to complete missions
Post edited by lunarwolf on

credit crunch 254 votes

yes - i feel the credit crunch
93%
DaishiTelaanGenakumaJabberwockyXceptorSundodgerUshoAksterAdamWxJazzxichotolotVarlieKonaEhukaiStarSonRandallMoaiTailsTakReyalpDrakeIXharryscott0 238 votes
no - i have too many credits to spend
6%
benacrowTommySittMegadeth3700jrenz33TiferQleakNaidanac_ehGoosythecuriousocelotDarling_VentressDarthFionziHelloHeyldkronosrenato4571kilthroDrixal_Elunga 16 votes

Replies

• lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    lol. unanimous "Yes" so far

we may be on to something
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    4 toons at 100 shards and no money to promote. Hopefully there will be some time at 80 to do that.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    4 toons at 100 shards and no money to promote. Hopefully there will be some time at 80 tobdo that.

Yea I'd imagine so. i also reckon heroic raid will be tough so most people will be trying to gear what they got to get Han giving the devs awhile to roll out lvl90
  • Options
    It's manageable IMO, but overall I do believe there should be some scaling up of the credit rewards. Raid rewards do help however. I wouldn't mind if they just increase those. Although I understand it's not viable for everyone. But anyway, yes some scaling of rewards should happen.
  • Options
    4 toons at 100 shards and no money to promote. Hopefully there will be some time at 80 tobdo that.

you could think that, but I bet by the time majority gets to 80, EA will increase lvl cap to 90
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    lunarwolf wrote: »

you could think that, but I bet by the time majority gets to 80, EA will increase lvl cap to 90

Thats what I'm afraid of.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Hmm... Bias poll options. Yes, I am low on credits - from 6-7mil on monday to nothing today levelling and starring a couple of toons - but I don't think they need to review the credits situation. Pacing how many toons you can star and gear at any given point forces you into focusing on a smaller roster, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It just makes the game more of a challenge and means it lasts for longer, maybe...
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/qEGiUwH

Have 14 mil in waiting
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't start until about 64.

I was saving for a while, just blew 18M for raids.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have enough credits, but I will say of all the things to complain about, this seems less severe. I think balancing of raid rewards, making characters more accessible, and fixing the pre-crafting issue are more pressing.

If you do 1 GW a day, you can get 500,000+ credits a day. It's a challenge to allocate those as you level, but CG are really more generous with credits than anything else
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It is entirely intentional to get you to spend money of credits in the shop yourself, I doubt they will change it, it makes them money
  • Options
    The poll does not have appropriate options. The only options are "I have too much money" or "there's a credit crunch"? So either you are filthy rich or stinking poor? Theres no adequate option?

Even though I don't have any spare credits, I picked "no". There's adequate money if you carefully constrain yourself to picking who you want to use. Think of it like a business...you can't hire every employee you find, and sometimes you have to let an employee go when he isn't contributing enough to your business anymore.

Leveling several new character up to 40 or 50 isn't super expensive. If you play with the characters a bit you should start to get a sense of who you like. You then make careful selections about who progresses further. When I was about level 60, I had my main 6 characters all leveled up. I tried several new characters and decided I liked ventress the most of the bunch. So I started leveling her up. By the time I got up to level 63 she was about 3 levels behind. At that point I started liking her enough that I decided to make her one of my core characters. I gave her priority over another one of my core characters (Talia) that wasn't helping as much anymore. A week later and ventress was caught up with everyone else.

When I got to level 70, I decided to de-emphasize sid in my core, so he's not getting leveled up for a while. I'm using the money to try out other characters. There are a lot of good characters I see other people using and wanted to take a shot at them. Dooku and Phasma were 2 biggies I never worked on before. I've got them both around 50 and I seem to like Phasma. I've used some extra money to add a few stars, and now I'm boosting her level up.

Might you make a bad choice? Sure. Although sid is alright, I think I would have been better off with Phasma. I'm learning late. Oh well, lesson learned. Now I'm fixing that. Might things change (character gets buffed/nerfed)? Sure, but that's just how things go. Roll with it.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ldkronos wrote: »
    The poll does not have appropriate options. The only options are "I have too much money" or "there's a credit crunch"? So either you are filthy rich or stinking poor? Theres no adequate option?

blah blah blah.... Roll with it.

respectfully, it's a simple yes or no question. are you struggling to get credits?

1. credit rewards are not scaling appropriately with price increases
    2. you are mistaken, if you think you should have to make a choice of 5 characters only. you need to level many more toons than just 5 for arena
    -> you need many types of characters for challenges
    -> you need a deep bench for GW
    -> Raid is obviously designed for 25 character roster
    -> need a LS and DS team to complete missions

not to mention that only focusing on 5 characters just makes everyone farm similar teams for arena. we could see more interesting arena fights if people could actually afford to level their rosters

I am not demanding that all my characters are all at max level (even if I can dream of that) but we should be able to level a lot more than currently.

ultimately it gimps the gameplay, and makes aspect of game like GW a lot more frustrating than they should be

just glad the vast majority of players see the light
    Post edited by lunarwolf on
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I didn't have too much of a problem until raids started, but now I need to build up several new teams, many characters from level 1. I can live with it, I'm patient (although in fairness I do complete GW every day) but I'd very much appreciate a slight boost in credit gain
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Of course credits should scale with level, its basic game design, but:

A) Why are training droids in the game? They're 100% pointless if you require credits on top of them. Either remove credit requirement to level, or just toss training droids altogether.

B) If EA wants to sell credit packs, there's an easy answer. Rather than frustrate people with low credit income and completely ridiculous crystal prices, just make them reasonably priced in the store. 85 crystals for 62k creds is literally the worst ripoff I've ever seen in a game. If 85 creds got you 12-15x that amount, I guarantee they'd see lots of first time spenders and many people would spend crystals to buy them.

"Look how much easier it is to level characters if you just drop some crystals here!"

Is a much easier sell than:

"Eighty-five crystals? That's worth... One tenth of a portion, peasant."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    to be fair, the options arent phrased correctly. You can think the shortage of credits isnt a problem without having too much to spend urself.
    That said, i hear alot of ppl who have havent promoted toons because they cant affort it. That shows that the rate you pull shards is not ballanced with the rate you aquire credits. You could argue that they should have focussed on credits instead of shards, but anyone who has ever played "profit mining" would disagree.

scaling up will still require players to make choises on who to lvl/star up. I think "credit management" should still be part of the game, but it would ballance the shard/credit ratio.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yea, but I have toon ADD and get that gearing 20 raid toons will be a problem

My server shard is new so I generally don't fear my GW..

Yet
  • ldkronos
    63 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    respectfully, it's a simple yes or no question. are you struggling to get credits?

Correct, it is a yes no question, but it's a loaded yes no question. Like: Have you stopped beating your wife?

The worded options are "yes credit crunch" or "no I have too many credits". That leaves no middle ground. I certainly don't have TOO MANY credits (as I'm always able to spend everything I get, and I can always find more ways to spend any extra credits), but I don't feel there's a credit crunch either.
    2. you are mistaken, if you think you should have to make a choice of 5 characters only. you need to level many more toons than just 5 for arena

You are right. You need more than 5. And I have more than 5. I'm 73. I've got (5) 73s, (1) 70, (2) 68's, (1) 63, and (2) 60's. That suits me in all placed. Would it be nice to have 25 maxed characters for raids? Sure, but that's something to build up to.

we could see more interesting arena fights if people could actually afford to level their rosters

Lol...yeah, right. So lets assume they double our credit. Now everyone can have 10 guys. You think were going to see more diverse teams? Or is everyone just going to level up the same 5 additional guys? Hint: it's the latter. You can see this in arena all the time. When someone is buffed/nerfed and the meta shifts, shortly after everyone miraculously finds ways to level up the new "in" character. Suddenly I see a bunch of new bens and fives showing up maxed left and right. People that are willing to take chances will take those chances regardless of what they have. Everyone else is just going to play it safe and follow the leader. The only way it's going to be any different is everyone has everyone unlocked and maxed (or just about) and there's no hard, long term decisions to be made. But then that makes it a totally different game.
  • Options
    Honestly I've never spent a penny on the game. I've got 8 toons maxed star, and gear as far as I can take em. 2 more that are very close, and a whole bunch in the middle, and level 1-10. Currently I have 7.56 million in credits. Finish Galaxy war daily since the update, and in an hour give or take. The biggest problem with this game are the players that don't think about how to best plan their toons. And how easy it is for them to complain about it on these forums.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. Between taking 230k+ to bring characters up a level, and trying to level/gear up new ones for the raids, and trying to 7* toons at a million credits a pop, I haven't been able to keep up. The cost is going up faster than credits are coming in.

If anyone denies it then they haven't reached that level yet.

• Options
    It's not a problem if you don't spend like a drunken sailor. (my apologies to real sailors. Its just an expression. I know most sailors are not irresponsible drunks.)

Just for some perspective… I'm f2p lvl 57 . I have 16 toons all max level 57, and various stars. One 7*, two 6*, three 5*, six 4*, and the rest 3-2. Then 5 unleveled 1 and 2*. 11 are gear 7 and 8. Others gear 6.
    I have 7 mil in credits waiting for my next acquisition (Vader). I finish GW everyday, and win 90+% of my Arena battles and hang on to prize tier #11.
    I've been max leveling most of my toons from the beginning, and only once had to purchase credits with gems. Each time I level up I actually increase my stash of credits, because the leveling time increases which allows me to accumulate more. I am a slow leveler. Patience has its rewards.
    The gist of this is that I don't try to acquire every popular toon I want. I pick one, and when I am ready I acquire it and bring it up to level and gear. You have to be prudent. You don't need all of them to be competitive. Challenges and GW make building credits quickly a breeze.
  • Options
    The credit crunch is getting crazy. i have so many toons that i have at 6 stars and the necessary 100 shards to 7 star them but canot afford the cost to do so :/
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    400 k to lvl a character ... what about 80-90 ? 1 mil for 1 lvl, credit crunch is and will be real.
  • Scott1138
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I kind of think that slowing progress is the point. If all my toons were maxed I'd get bored. I have 10 7* toons with several within spitting distance. Chances are it will take a long time for them all to get upgraded. I just stagger between shards and gear farming and make sure I complete GW. I think it's more fun to not be maxing someone out every other day.
  • TheLegendOfKimy
    108 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The credit crunch is a MASSIVE issue.

Credit payouts were suitable for lower levels, but after the cap has been raised twice. The amount of credits you can farm, is a joke, in comparison to the amount you need. I could receive 10 million credits right now and still need more.

Credits should be trivial, the important thing is getting the shards or the gear, but getting the credits you need now takes even longer to acquire than farming the gear itself !
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Credit is probably holding everyone up. It's insane. According to achievements I only earned 70 million and can only max star and gear 12 level 80 characters.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    Options

I'm sure you're right. It will also be when I quit. UNLESS there is some better way to get credits without crystals by then.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    Options
    ...Just for some perspective… I'm f2p lvl 57 . . .

Sorry but at level 57, you have no idea what i am talking about. Please read the OP. The credit crunch is massive when you get to lvl 70+, not at lvl 50. GW payouts are the same from lvl 40 onwards however at lvl 70+, it costs from 200k to 400k just to gain a level. Lvl 8 missions dont even pay 1k, upgrading abilities costs around 50k, gear crafting costs around 25k
  • Options
    ...Just for some perspective… I'm f2p lvl 57 . . .

Sorry but at level 57, you have no idea what i am talking about. Please read the OP. The credit crunch is massive when you get to lvl 70+, not at lvl 50. GW payouts are the same from lvl 40 onwards however at lvl 70+, it costs from 200k to 400k just to gain a level. Lvl 8 missions dont even pay 1k, upgrading abilities costs around 50k, gear crafting costs around 25k

Maybe. We'll see. I still think most people are over-extending themselves and over-spending.