Do you like the shield system?

XEnVY
29 posts Member
edited April 2016

Do you like the shield system? 125 votes

Yes
45%
MackemSLAMUshoYOUniverseStarSonDhallNayverMT0mmyB23Arijitunit900000clartymarty75ArarisValerianMegadeth3700LegoLegs_MattSaxHarmonicaLordRathIrrlichtGOfish52HigherRenovato 57 votes
No
53%
Feardemon3BlamAdamWMurTelvincentlondongarcia_george99jbeeneybenacrowKAULIottomadduxFoojLianaraMaso_1066DarthTRexusjfgibsongoobstoobRafaelSDPresident_ScroobKurkiGeofRiv 67 votes

Replies

• Options
    No
    No
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    no for 2 reasons
    - it is unfair in GW
    - it is a huge nerf on healers

only place I can accept it is in arena.
  • Options
    Yes in arena, no in GW
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    No
    lunarwolf wrote: »
    no for 2 reasons
    - it is unfair in GW
    - it is a huge nerf on healers

only place I can accept it is in arena.
    And it makes some damage irrelevant
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    GW is annoying af though, good in arena, ls/ds battles etc. Not in GW because its more of a chore than fun.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Yes in Arena, no in GW
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    No
    I dont see the point in it. All it does is delay the death of my enemy
  • Options
    Yes

I believe that is in fact the point.
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Veritasum wrote: »

I believe that is in fact the point.

And the problem
  • Evilcalyptic
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    It still doesnt make sense to me. That would be like adding a second cake layer to a tw1nk1e just to make it now two bites to get to the creme filling.
  • Options
    Yes
    It still doesnt make sense to me. That would be like adding a second cake layer to a tw1nk1e just to make it now two bites to get to the creme filling.

Well, I wouldn't eat that then, lol. Overall, if more toons can stay alive longer, then it should make more toons viable in the game. I understand it's not quite that simple, but it makes sense to me as a premise. I do agree that it makes GW a bit of a chore, but TBH even pre protection, it took me a while to get in a groove with that. I am at a similar place now. Most days I seem to be able to shave off a minute or two off my average GW time which is right around an hour. Last night was great cause I took like 40 min to finish it and that is low for me since the update. I admit I only faced one very tough team though.

GW I think is a down side, but overall I think it's better for the game.
  • Options
    No
    Dont fix what is not broken is what it sums up to me though.

There is some major glaring issues with this game and my characters health is not one of them. If your charicter gets 1 hitted than maybe you suck.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    In arena: yes
    In GW: Well it's just one more thing about this game that has me on the fence.

I can't progress my toons because of poorly designed loot system and GW takes me 1.5 hrs of fighting arena meta teams with full protection versus my used up roster. The current state of the game has me more negative than I've ever been when I should be riding high on being part of a world first clear of t6 raid.
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Telaan wrote: »
    In arena: yes
    In GW: Well it's just one more thing about this game that has me on the fence.

I can't progress my toons because of poorly designed loot system and GW takes me 1.5 hrs of fighting arena meta teams with full protection versus my used up roster. The current state of the game has me more negative than I've ever been when I should be riding high on being part of a world first clear of t6 raid.

Yeah its screwed that new Gw teams start with shield and can attack first.The shield should reset every fight.Healers hiding behind a shield is broken imo
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I am interested in knowing whether the debs considered the problems related to Protection, namely:

1 - the situation it creates in GW
    2 - the way it affects the viability of some healers in certain situations
    3 - if it really solves the glass cannon issue

I do believe there is an upside to the protection mechanic though, if it is handled properly in upcoming updates. Namely, there could be:

1 - attacks that bypass protection, like DoTs
    2 - attacks that do bonus damage to protection
    3 - "Mechanic"-type healers that heal or buff protection only
  • Options
    No
    In some ways I like it because I rarely lose a hero in the first enemy salvo, but shields generally dont help the opposition. I can still focus down QGJ before he gets another shot, or drop Daka before she can cast resurrection. Can't eliminate a tank in one round, but lots of other characters can be dropped in a few shots. And that's exactly what protection was supposed to eliminate. But the game still entertains me, so that keep playing.
  • Options
    No
    Terrible system.

It screws the Galactic War (total **** that every enemy gets every shield, every time), like the skills reset wasn't already enough.

Negates healers whether in pvp or in prolonged matches/raids. You can't heal the shield.

It goes against pretty much everything the Star Wars universe is about. I'm trying to even think of ANYONE who had a "shield" anywhere, much less people like jedi, ewoks, etc. If this was a mechanic to say droids ... I may buy it, but as is - it's just ****.

3 "bars" on top of characters just look terrible graphics wise. Call me nitpicky, but from a design perspective it's just an ugly choice.

If you want games to take as long as they take now, etc. - just have a multiplier for health that equates whatever we currently have from protection. Or make "armor" compensate for whatever. There are more elegant solutions to your problem. This seems like a bandaid that someone who lacks any sense came up with.
  • XEnVY
    29 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I also find it annoying in arena.Trying to burn the team with shields makes my every move useless until their shield is gone
  • MattSax
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    It made my f2p squad top 20 viable again in arena since my dmg dealers aren't getting 1-2 shot and killed before they go every time now.

It needs work though. GW was made easier for me personally, but it takes 50% longer now too. Toons like fives can 1v3 other top toons in certain situations now though, so some balance adjustments need to be made around it if it is going to stay how it is.

For me, the dodge rates displaying 15% yet acting as 35%+ is a bigger issue than protection
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Not meant for every game mode.
  • Options
    No
    Of course it's not. It was badly implemented in the game. It fixes one thing while it doesn't fit in the rest of the game modes.
    But this game has so many holes, I would be very surprised if they start doing things right.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    There are ways to make it work much better in GW that the current incarnation. Put protection after health so healers can function earlier. Let protection regenerate partially or fully between battles regardless of it was fully depleted. Let protection regenerate fully if a character sits on the bench for X number of battles. I'm sure there are other ideas.

Overall I like it though. It was very good for arena.
  • Options
    No
    I love it in arena. Hate it in GW. Its no help to the player in GW. Its a playerr nerf
  • Options
    No
    Good in arena not gw!
  • JHGRAHAM
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    As most have been saying, I love it for the arena, but hate it for GW. I still think that it is better for the game overall, but it really needs to be tweaked for GW.
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    Options
    No
    No, because it only serves any kind of purpose in arenas and seems to be applied a bit inconsistently among characters. Good idea, sketchy implementation.
  • Starbelly
    60 posts Member
    Options
    At first I hated it in GW and thought it made the battles unfair. Once your top team lost its protection, it was almost impossible to beat the higher levels. But now that I've geared up and leveled up more of my toons, it's made GW more interesting.

It used to be that you could have a single top team that would get you all the way through GW. Now, you have to deal with some losses, which means building multiple teams, so you can continually bring in fresh, fully protected characters.

Without this change, GW would have become too easy for players at higher levels. As long as GW sets up fair matches, it works out well. I occasionally bump into a team I can't beat, but it gets rarer and rarer. If only GW had a refresh like Arena!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Love it in arena, love / hate it in GW for the above reasons.

GW takes longer, yes, but I've gotten to the point where I know when and when not to use heals and when to cool down. Running Lumi and JC from node 2 on and putting in RG the last few nodes fresh really helps. My b team can now actually carry me through the first node and probably even the second. I don't have to worry about getting decimated in GW before I get a shot off.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....