Please re-examine Galactic Chore

I've been playing this game almost since release. When GW first popped up, I thought it was fun and innovative how it saved the state of all characters when you retreated. I was against the change to the Retreat button, personally. I will admit I had some concerns about being able to finish it, but I can say in all fairness, I have completed almost every single GW since the day the change happened.

So this isn't really about that. For many of us, GW is the best source of credits. We don't care about the shard in the last chest, or the occasional purple mat. We just HAVE to get the credits. If it wasn't for that, I think many folks would just skip it every day. It is not fun. It is an exercise in frustration on a daily basis. Constantly hitting retreat and reloading with a slightly different team, or attack pattern to find the right RNG that will allow you to continue without significant setbacks is just not fun. I feel like I'm at work, troubleshooting something. It sucks, and we all have to grind it for the credits.

Would I be happy if you brought back the save-state of the fight functionality? Honestly at this point I don't know. The teams we face are getting harder every day. I faced a full stun-lock synergy team with a buffed out Rey that took me an hour to get passed. There is no sense of accomplishment, it's jut banging your head against a wall for an hour. All for like 100k credits.

Please re-examine ways to make GW more enjoyable and less of a chore. I welcome any suggestions from the community, as I'm scratching my head at this point outside of a completely different vision for the mode. If we have to complete it every day just to stay afloat financially in the game, at least keep the teams at or below level. And as far as it being a "challenge," it's not. The right RNG is there for you for every fight, you just have to save-scum to find it. That's not strategic or challenging, it's time-consuming and frustrating.

I will say thank you for making a game I actually care this much about.

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I am fascinated when people say they have trouble with it, I'm L76 and only use one character that is 7* and pass it pretty easy only losing 1 maybe 2 at the end.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    Options
    They should just delete the retreat button...
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    swivelmaster 12 points 10 hours ago
    We're working on it. Can't give you a decent ETA but we've got stuff to test internally next week. It's not as easy as you'd think since it deals with PvP matchmaking opponents and is somewhat random.
  • Options
    It seems to quite different depending on the server that's loading your fights. Even during the months where I experienced a lot of easy fights, it was still a chore. It's just one of those things you have to do each day, and it doesn't feel fun. It's like having to mow the lawn before you can throw a party out there... Every day.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I just throw it on auto while I get ready for work in the moring

OK not really I just been wanting to say that since others say it and there is no way its true.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    OK not really I just been wanting to say that since others say it and there is no way its true.

Lol, I might could see that if a roster was deeeep maxed.
  • Options
    I barely bother with GW anymore. Pretty much anyone who's ranked from 1000 up isn't going anywhere...myself either. I parked in the top 1000 and won't bother with trying it again until I am knocked down a tier. Then I'll do what I always do...refresh the squads until I see one I know definitively I can take down, do that - and then promptly go back to ignoring GW.

Why on EARTH would I participate in something like that when i can see my entire 7* Purple tier A-team get slaughtered by the second or third round?

Nope. Not worth my time or effort.
  • Options
    I don't know what tthe whining is about. I've never had a problem getting at least halfway through the war and that's when I start with my weakest, totally undeveloped level-1 heroes and slowly build up to the twenty or so heroes I actually improve regularly, none of whom are over level 65 (most are only 60).
  • Twyst3d
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Musashi138 wrote: »
    I barely bother with GW anymore. Pretty much anyone who's ranked from 1000 up isn't going anywhere...myself either. I parked in the top 1000 and won't bother with trying it again until I am knocked down a tier. Then I'll do what I always do...refresh the squads until I see one I know definitively I can take down, do that - and then promptly go back to ignoring GW.

Why on EARTH would I participate in something like that when i can see my entire 7* Purple tier A-team get slaughtered by the second or third round?

Nope. Not worth my time or effort.

Because the credit crunch is real.
  • Options
    I just throw it on auto while I get ready for work in the moring

I actually did this 2 days ago. I had to leave home and had 2 gw's waiting for me. So I decided put it on auto see where I'd get and then restart so I won't lose the other gw. Actually made it to node 11 before I ran into some dooku rg team. I turned of the auto play and finished it, took 15 minutes. But i got an easier gw than usual I think.
  • Options
    GW is easy for lower level players, the higher the level the harder it is. I'm lvl 78 almost 79 and it takes me at least 2 hours a day. I'm glad they are working on it, thank God for that!
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Level 77, 30-45 minutes and for me an enjoyable part of the game.
  • Options
    One person without an issue in GW, call off the troops! There is one person not having trouble in GW, never mind countless others having trouble with it.
  • Spkv2
    22 posts Member
    Options
    @&$ ( pardon my French) is the utmost frustrating programming ever done to this (was) great fun game. I cannot even get past level 8 now.. And before someone sounds off ! I have level 7 and 6's all in the purple. I have tried ever combo and sacrifice I have. And still getting slaughter !
    How you all saying your getting though with ease, well I have nooooooo clue as to why or how you are able to. Luck?
    Get rid of the protection ! Or make it a fair challenging fight. But do something !!!
    Going bonkers here.
    Rant over, thank you.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    One person without an issue in GW, call off the troops! There is one person not having trouble in GW, never mind countless others having trouble with it.

Actually, there are very many without issues. This is just today's thread on GW. There have been hundreds. I'm sorry you were bothered by contrary data.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Spkv2 wrote: »
    Get rid of the protection ! Or make it a fair challenging fight. But do something !!!
    Going bonkers here.
    They did do something, they rejiggered the TM. It solved the protection issue that first arose when protection was introduced.

• Options
    there is a big problem with GW, there is no denying that. There are working on a solution (why would they work on a solution if it's fixed? Hmmmm that's a mystery) and there is numerous threads to prove my point.
  • Spkv2
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm what I see (and maybe I am off a bit) but looking at the way they match us up with opponents.
    I think they only take into account is YOUR level ! So if you level 76 they match you with a level 76! NOT taking into consideration the characters levels you have at level 76! I may be level 76 but my characters are level 66,68,70,75,75 etc! Because of different speeds everyone builds up their character no one will be a fair match! Maybe combining your top 5 toons total hit points and matching your opponents that way might work.

Also get rid of the protection! Convert that back to hit point only system. Problem solved.
    I really do not see the purpose of it also even ships regenerate "protection" shields! Just saying!
  • Options
    I am fascinated when people say they have trouble with it, I'm L76 and only use one character that is 7* and pass it pretty easy only losing 1 maybe 2 at the end.

Hey Clueless, is it ENTIRELY possible that what has happened to you is NOT what is happening to others. Under TOOL in websters is a picture of you.
  • Options
    GW difficulty is tied to your Arena squad power. If you only have 7* character you'll most likely only fight weak opponents; as your team improves the fights begin to get seemingly impossible for most people.