Potency -- Darth Sidious (he needs a buff)

First of all, developer, why did you take away his potency? Please give back his potency.

Furthermore, he needs a buff in order to be equally useful to other popular toons in Arena.

At last, his AOE ability doesn't even make sense now whether in GW or Arena -- no damage or DOTs.

Nevertheless, DOT needs a buff -- it doesn't even do any damage.

How about replace DOT with Expose? Which makes more sense.

Replies

• Options
    A Darth sidious needs a buff post? ****. Seriously.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    His AoE does decent damage if he has advantage. Otherwise it can be on the weak side.
  • Options
    The most evil guy in a galaxy far far away is just a shadow of his former self. You can't let that happen.

A buff would be nice. He sits on my bench and wants to get back into the game. Just like Tim Tebow....
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ha. He had his 15 minutes. AoE isn't supposed to do massive damage, especially when it inflicts a debuff. He's still fairly effective against Jedi - and that's basically his purpose.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    I swear I saw a nerf Sid post earlier today. This place confuses me.
  • Options
    eshby_wan wrote: »
    The most evil guy in a galaxy far far away is just a shadow of his former self. You can't let that happen.

A buff would be nice. He sits on my bench and wants to get back into the game. Just like Tim Tebow....

Bahahaha that's some sick humor you got there. Poor Timmy, I love that guy.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    He does need some potency...I saw that his omega level ae gives another dot...that will rarely land lol.
  • Options
    Waxx25 wrote: »

No doubt @Waxx25

Heal block, high damage, high evade, high resistance to specials, an AE damage and essentially being an off tank because he eats first and second round priority if Daka isn't there?

Yeah they'll get right on that

• Options

Sid sucks. Not a SINGLE one uses him anymore in my shard IN SPITE of his amazing leadership. Like Dooku CG religion is to **** off the player base with nerfs just for fun.

Buff or no buff, he was nice to have, but needed to be destroyed to make CG some extra $174,248
  • Options
    eshby_wan wrote: »

Bahahaha that's some sick humor you got there. Poor Timmy, I love that guy.

It's not that I dislike him. I'm sure he is a decent guy. I just couldn't resist....
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ha. He had his 15 minutes. AoE isn't supposed to do massive damage, especially when it inflicts a debuff. He's still fairly effective against Jedi - and that's basically his purpose.

Here is my counter point:
    1. He doesn't have potency to reliably inflict debuff with his AOE.
    2. DOT is a joke -- does negligible amount of damage.
    3. Ahsoka can almost OHKO him.
    4. Aayla can beat him in a duel.
    5. Everybody is effective against Jedi nowadays.
    6. People know to use non-Jedi toon to attack him.
    7. He is a pest in GW not because he is powerful but because Healer (mostly Jedi) are needed for GW and player has to survive 12 battles with very limited roster.

I have an idea: make him has less chance of inflicting heal immunity so that he may be less a difficulty in GW; on the other hand, give back his potency and buff his Damage as well as damage of DOT so that he may be competent in arena.
  • Options

No doubt @Waxx25

Heal block, high damage, high evade, high resistance to specials, an AE damage and essentially being an off tank because he eats first and second round priority if Daka isn't there?

Yeah they'll get right on that

High damage? Do you even read? He has 2900 damage at 80 max gear.
    High evade? You mean Against Jedi rather than against non-Jedi and players know to use non-jedi toon to attack him.
    High resistance to specials? Again, do you even read? He has 85 resistance at 80 max gear.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/
  • Options
    He is very weak in arena. The only reason hes in GW is his heal and block. I rarely see DOT stick. Most of the time I see resist across the board
  • Options
    He is very weak in arena. The only reason hes in GW is his heal and block. I rarely see DOT stick. Most of the time I see resist across the board

Exactly.
  • Options
    He sits on my bench too, and even though he is seven stars, I use a five star toon to replace him. I'm fine with his heal immunity not always sticking, but I'm not ok with his aoe DoTs almost never applying. And this is me usually only playing against him, not using him. He is rather a pest in GW where topping health is important. But he is only dangerous due to healing immunity, his attack is a joke.