What's the best Empire team?

Aero
2972 posts Member
All 7 empire characters are now free to play, with only Vader being limited by stars. I'm farming all of them, my progress by the end of the week will be:

Magmatrooper 7 stars, gear 8
Stormtrooper 7 stars, gear 9
General Veers 6 stars, gear 8
Darth Vader 5 stars, gear 8
Royal Guard 5 stars, gear 8
Snowtrooper 4 stars, gear 7
Grand Moff Tarkin 4 stars, gear 7

Assuming everyone eventually gets to max, but keeping Vader at 5 stars, what do you reckon will be the best set up? I'm thinking remove Vader, not worth it at 5 stars. Then between 30% offense (Veers) or speed (Tarkin) you go with Tarkin lead.

Tarkin (L) - speed leader
Veers - Speed up on primary, ability block AOE
Snowtrooper - Ability block primary, leader-like unique for turn meter
Royal Guard - duh
Magmatrooper - turn meter removal AOE, high health

Replies

• Bunk71
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin in the lead for the speed, turn meter and his basic attack when leveled up is killer. I have him at 6* gear level Vlll and close to maxed abilities. RG is a no brainer. Paired with magmatrooper, their turn meter manipulation is better than decent. Veers has a nice AoE and is fairly durable- although his damage seems to have a high variance. Outside that, I don't really know- personally, I'd throw Daka in the mix. She's the game changer IMO.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    You are going to want Vader... Even at 5 stars he is the highest damage dealing empire character by a large margin
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Bunk71 wrote: »
    Tarkin in the lead for the speed, turn meter and his basic attack when leveled up is killer. I have him at 6* gear level Vlll and close to maxed abilities. RG is a no brainer. Paired with magmatrooper, their turn meter manipulation is better than decent. Veers has a nice AoE and is fairly durable- although his damage seems to have a high variance. Outside that, I don't really know- personally, I'd throw Daka in the mix. She's the game changer IMO.
    I want a pure team
    Smapty wrote: »
    You are going to want Vader... Even at 5 stars he is the highest damage dealing empire character by a large margin
    Interesting, thanks for the insight

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I ran an empire team for quite some time and it did well in arena (top 5 consistently).
    Tarkin (L), RG, Vader, Magmatrooper and last spot varied...
    If you want to do a pure empire team I would probably use snowtrooper over veers just because he's a little more tanky and benefits the group a little more with his unique. The key to the empire team in grinding down the opponent with debuffs, dots, TM reduction and burst kills from Vader. The generally high hp's of the group help you outlast the other team and wear them down.
  • Options
    Thoughts on stormtrooper? I unlocked him and considered starring him up for an empire team but I haven't heard anything good
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Thoughts on stormtrooper? I unlocked him and considered starring him up for an empire team but I haven't heard anything good

I'm 10 shards away from 7 stars and 25 cuffs away from gear 9. He doesn't make sense, he taunts but is squishy. He needs a rework.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »

I'm 10 shards away from 7 stars and 25 cuffs away from gear 9. He doesn't make sense, he taunts but is squishy. He needs a rework.
    Yeah I figured his taunt would be counter productive because RG obviously has a place on an empire team and is a better taunter. Does stormtroopers unique boost him to a useable level? And does his basic hit hard?
  • Bunk71
    12 posts Member
    Options
    His basic has a high damage variance (unless they changed it). Sometimes it hits hard- other times- not so much.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I saw Stormtrooper hit for 8k at 6 stars gear 8, offense up but it was a critical. I've also seen him hit for 1k. His omega is +30% max damage -10% min damage
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Annnnd has anyone tried gong the distance with Stormtrooper? Also with all the tm manip, why not Vader as lead?
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Also with all the tm manip, why not Vader as lead?

Because most Empire toons are sloooooow. Would have to be the slowest faction in game, so Tarkin's speed boost basically trumps any other buff.
  • Options
    Personally I would switch out Magmatrooper for Vader...
    Now Magmatroopers TM Manipulation can be resisted, coupled with his poor damage output, it makes him less than useful. As someone else pointed out, Vader deals very good damage at 5 Stars, his culling blade used against debuffed enemies is a sight to behold.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    **** wrote: »
    I go against a guy with st in arena who is maxed out and I find him to be average at best. Currently not worth it imo

Gear ten and omega mats? That plus thirty could be legit with Vader lead.