Arena Modification

I was usually placing #20 or so and then I went #7, #8 and #7 4 days ago. I played less this days and I am number #140... like wth? Can someone explain it to me please? Is someone experiencing the same?

Replies

• Usho
    586 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nope, not experiencing anything similar, but probably guild activity ? Its win x-ammount of pvp matches, so maybe they're just doing dailies ?

Edit: plus, if you want to keep your rank, got to be active.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I dropped from 31 to 137 overnight last night but I blame it on my experimental team, I messed up and kept them in on my last match apparently they are easy targets on defense
  • Options
    Some days I drop from inside 100 to over 200-230 overnight. Fun times.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    I go from 25 to 90 in a day. But I only use 5 attempts and don't refresh. This is normal, and a downside of ladder style ranking.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    It's really sad that #100 teams can beat top 10 teams.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I usually drop from #1 to the 20's daily. Today I started in the 30s and had to really put in work to get #1 at payout. Thank God I'm on a new server and have no pre crafters otherwise I'd be in a world of pain.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    It's really sad that #100 teams can beat top 10 teams.
    I don't really see it happening that way. Most people aren't at the lvl 80 cap yet, and in the top 200 are probably nearly all between lvl 73 and 77. More importantly, they're constantly levelling up, so the teams that are rank #100 now are probably on par with the teams that were #20 as little as a week ago. If you've got a team that is particularly worse on defense than offense, you're going to have a lot of people challenging you while you're away, and eventually some of those are going to succeed, even with teams that "aren't as good" on paper. Good strategy is much better than average AI, even with the RNG buffs we all know the AI gets.
  • Options
    @quigonkenny my team is Dooku (L), ST Han, Luminara, Phasma and QGJ. I did not play for 3 days and I was #350 after being #4
  • Padob
    33 posts Member
    Options
    I think that almost every top-200 team can be a top-10 team, they just don't get there soon enough, and they get beaten down again.
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    @quigonkenny my team is Dooku (L), ST Han, Luminara, Phasma and QGJ. I did not play for 3 days and I was #350 after being #4

I drop around 100 spots before I crawl back up after work everyday. Moral of the story don't take 3 days off and expect to stay at the top.
  • Options
    Level cap was just recently raised. If you don't play for three days, then unless you were already 80th level, you're going to be a few levels behind your former leaderboard peers, and even with people who were 100 or 200 spots behind you. And the team you have is heavily reliant upon RNG when on defense. Even if it were a couple levels ahead of me, I could probably beat it a one or two times out of ten, and have, with a team that is relatively weak to Dooku, and I'm only in the #100 range on my server. A nascent whale making his way up that leaderboard with access to lvl 76+ Omega fortified characters shouldn't have any problem against you.