Help with potential arena team

Speaker4thedead
444 posts Member
edited May 2016
Guys, thanks to the double cantina shards, I was able to 4* my IG100. I also put him to level 7 gear. So far, he is amazing. So I am now torn. I was deciding to level up my 7* IG88, or my 6* Poe, but now I am thrown into thinking I should level IG100 up so when I do 7* him, he will be ready to go. I don't want to run into this issue with him.

Currently I average between 40 and 80 on a day 1 hard release server. My current lineup:
7* Poggle (lead)
7* GS
7* Lumi
7* Phasma
7* IG86 (omega upgrade on basic attack.)

Deciding between :

IG100 would not replace anyone. I would simply be leveling him up in preparation for immediately jumping into my lineup at 7*. I don't want the same issue I had with Phasma or currently have with IG88 and Poe.

IG88 currently level 62 would replace Lumi. My thinking is that with offense up from Poggle mixed with advantage from Phasma would allow me to destroy most lineups without needing a heal.

Poe would also replace Lumi. He is currently level 52/6*, but I'm half way to 7*, and all I know is that I avoid him at all costs. I never go against Poe or RG (who I'm working on but will take forever) in the arena, and only face them in GW when forced. Anyway, my thinking is that him taunting and drawing fire, mixed with exposing a couple toons, would allow me to win with no healing needed.

What do you suggest I level up? Thanks for reading, and thank you in advance for helping me make this most difficult of decision.

Replies

• Options
    Depends on how you play . IG-100 sucks in my opinion though I don't have him leveld up. I'd say ig-88
  • Options
    With regards to leveling up, I suggest holding off until you are truly ready to use the toon in a team. Leveling up is the single fastest thing you can do in this game (takes 2 seconds if you have the credits), so there is no need to commit prematurely.

As for the line up, I agree that Lumi is not essential to a droid team. Droids have relatively low health and can often be killed before they can be healed. For that reason, a fast taunter like Poe is much more effective. The devastating synergy between Poe's expose and IG88's AOE is a good argument to have both in the same team. Phasma can also assist with the expose/AOE combo, but her AOE damage is much weaker than IG88's.

So to answer your question, I would train your Poe and use him to replace Lumi in that team.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    The only problem I see there is that IG-88 is incredibly squishy. IG-100 surprised me the other day, first time I ever saw one on a team comp (iirc it was HK lead, all three IGs, and Pog) and that team did pretty well.

Droids are strong on offense, but don't hold up as well on defense as you might like. Like you said, you're dodging the tanks, so is everyone else. Running a no-tank squad will make you a target.

Poe would be my third choice in a tank behind RG, and STH, and it's not a close race at all.
  • Options
    Bill_lindy wrote: »
    Depends on how you play . IG-100 sucks in my opinion though I don't have him leveld up. I'd say ig-88

I've not used IG100 in any place other than the tank challenge. However his constant speed up and then offense up is nice. I had never thought about him either until a friend of mine showed me how a max IG100 preformed. Needless to say, I started farming him the very next day. Only problem is that he will in no way shape or form touch my arena team for a good month..
    With regards to leveling up, I suggest holding off until you are truly ready to use the toon in a team. Leveling up is the single fastest thing you can do in this game (takes 2 seconds if you have the credits), so there is no need to commit prematurely.

As for the line up, I agree that Lumi is not essential to a droid team. Droids have relatively low health and can often be killed before they can be healed. For that reason, a fast taunter like Poe is much more effective. The devastating synergy between Poe's expose and IG88's AOE is a good argument to have both in the same team. Phasma can also assist with the expose/AOE combo, but her AOE damage is much weaker than IG88's.

So to answer your question, I would train your Poe and use him to replace Lumi in that team.

That was my thinking. I really think having Poe in my lineup (even at 6*) could be doubly beneficial. Both helping on offense with expose and on defense by pushing others to select someone else. Especially with how fast Poe is. Thats what had me pick Poe and not STHan.
    wrilley wrote: »
    The only problem I see there is that IG-88 is incredibly squishy. IG-100 surprised me the other day, first time I ever saw one on a team comp (iirc it was HK lead, all three IGs, and Pog) and that team did pretty well.

Droids are strong on offense, but don't hold up as well on defense as you might like. Like you said, you're dodging the tanks, so is everyone else. Running a no-tank squad will make you a target.

Poe would be my third choice in a tank behind RG, and STH, and it's not a close race at all.

I can understand why Poe would be begind RG. RG is amazing in every way. However I don't understand putting him behind STHan. I avoid Poe teams at all costs, and have absolutely no issue with Han. I can always take out 1 before he even taunts, then by the time he taunts, I've got offense up from Poggle, (additional almost 30% offense from the Poggle lead) as well as advantage from Phasma, and my Omega IG86 will blast Han to pieces. He poses absolutely no threat to me. I don't understand why so many are going that route. My brother in law who lives with me also agrees with you. He is maxing STHan as we speak. However his is due to his Rebel lineup he is making. I just don't understand STHan as a 1st rate tank. Everything about RG is 1st rate for a tank, Poe's expose sure makes me avoid him... I just don't get STHan unless you are running a Rebel lineup.
  • Options
    The reason people are going for Han (at least from what I know), is that he has the POTENTIAL to be amazing because he's one of the few guys who can get to gear XI. At the moment, he has fairly low health for a tank and is a bit slow to taunt. His turn meter manipulation is great if he can survive long enough with the higher gear.