Spending.... Need advice

Belg
38 posts Member
edited December 2015
Thinking of getting the 7000 crystal pack and going a couple of hits on the 8 chromium packs. Note sure of it is worth it though. I already have a pretty decent team. I guess I want a few more characters to start gearing and levelling.

I also have 200 shards of old daka I would love to pull as a full character so it is quicker to level.
Anyways... Thoughts? Worth it? I already spend 500 or so crystals a day on energy refills and will keep doing v that.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    It's generally regarded as a better or more efficient use of crystals when used to refresh energy.

Your money is your own though. If you feel you have a disposable enough income where you're comfortable gambling it with the possibility of coming away with nothing but Ewok and imp guard shards, then power to you.
  • Options
    Wouldn't risk it, EA has a way of ripping people off, seen too many guys on these forums spend money to only come away with terrible characters 7000 crystals though I would think you you gotta pull something if you dont though remember I told you so
  • Options
    I was really hoping for a sale. That would tip me over big time I think. Would feel like some value
  • Options
    I'd wait for a pack but don't buy chromium. Just get a moderate amount of refreshes daily. I just buy the sub pack and it's enough for my refreshes when combined with arena rewards.
  • Options
    Challenge yourself by not spending any money on this game and see how far you can go.
  • Options
    Chromium tends to be an awful dealio so I would avoid it. Even if you get a good character like Leia, QGJ or even a 4* out of the pack like Old Ben or Maul - you need to invest way many more $$$ to keep these guys competitive.

It will be useful if you are a new player to flesh out your roster but just not worth it. Especially as you are unlikely to have the training droids, credits or ability mats to max out a large haul of new toons quickly unless you have been holding on to them.
  • Options
    I'd just use crystals to refresh energy in Cantina (shard farming +Cantina cred heroes) and story (gear and shards). I guess I dont see the harm in 1 or 2 8x early on if you want to get some quick depth.
  • Options
    Packs are a gamble. I've drawn as many as 4 full characters in an 8pack, but I've also drawn only shards.

The more characters you have to unlock, the better 'investment' drawing packs will be.
  • Options
    Packs are a gamble. I've drawn as many as 4 full characters in an 8pack, but I've also drawn only shards.

The more characters you have to unlock, the better 'investment' drawing packs will be.

Yeah I'm tempted to just buy an 8 pack every few weeks or so because I don't have many of the chromium characters and I'd love a Ben, Rey or Lando.

If you do buy the chromium, do it knowing that it is a gamble. You may get nothing of any real value, or may get super lucky and end up with a starred up chromium exclusive.
  • Options
    Bought 1 8 pack and got shards + 1* characters for my efforts.
  • Options
    Okay, bundles it is!
  • Options
    Why would anyone pay a dime for this game? There's really no substance to it at all. It's just a free game to play around with when you're bored. There's no story. All you do is fight sets of three battles and that's it.