If you are going to make some heroes stupid broken

Benr3600
1098 posts Member
edited December 2015
You could at least give their power rating an appropriate level. I just got facerolled by literally the least "power" rated team I have seen all week because a Darth Maul halved my jedis with his special and the AI focused down my JC/Lumi before/after that. Game over, you lose to the team with 950 less power when you win about 80% of battles against similar power teams.

How is it fair that I have come to conclude that a team with at least 5% less power than mine has DM and/or Kylo Ren on it? Fix their power rating FFS, it is unethical to deceive people like this. /**** off rant

Replies

• Options
    Power rating takes a distant third to team composition and RNG. 5% is nothing...
  • Options
    Cleaner wrote: »
    Power rating takes a distant third to team composition and RNG. 5% is nothing...

And when choosing an opponent all you know about their comp is their leader and 90% of the time at my level this indicates nothing of your team comp. 95% of leaders are sid, chewie and phasma. And in this particular match it was closer to 10% power difference. That is the problem, power is the ONE thing you should reliably expect as an indicator of success from an opponent in the arena lobby.
  • Options
    That's all part of the game. Next time you bring a counter team vs his AOE. Or you avoid him. Thats how you can climb. If it was just about comparing powerlevels why even battle? Just say my powerlevel is over 9000 so I win.

The fun part of the game is you can build different teams with different synergies.
  • Options
    Haha
  • Options
    The fun part of the game is you can build different teams with different synergies.

It would be if you actually could see the team you were facing before the fight began. But the AI is so bad that this would tilt things even further in favor of players.
    I have a similar "power rating problem".. I want to change my PvP squad, but until I get my guys up to a higher star level I can't, because my team power rating would drop so much that everyone would want to fight me. Even though the team still works pretty well, I'd lose because of the AI.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Why didn't you focusfire Maul? He should be dead before his 1st turn or at least ability blocked by Lumi ...
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    You could at least give their power rating an appropriate level. I just got facerolled by literally the least "power" rated team I have seen all week because a Darth Maul halved my jedis with his special and the AI focused down my JC/Lumi before/after that. Game over, you lose to the team with 950 less power when you win about 80% of battles against similar power teams.

How is it fair that I have come to conclude that a team with at least 5% less power than mine has DM and/or Kylo Ren on it? Fix their power rating FFS, it is unethical to deceive people like this. /**** off rant

Maul does more damage against Jedi so it is rather normal, he is pretty much only useful against Jedi and if he didn't have that he'd be completely useless.
  • Options
    Power isn't everything. It's the combination of your team skills and power. I can beat up some teams which has 1K power more than me, other times I lost against team which are weaker for 1K - depending on characters' level
  • Options
    Power rating only tells you the stats of the team. That number doesn't account for team synergy, the power of specials a character has, or unique anti-Jedi type skills like what Maul has on his damage vs. Jedi. Maul is far from broke and is well balanced. He's one of the slower and squishier toons in the game. His tradeoff is having good power and being deadly in particular vs. Jedi. If you are running Jedi against him though, he should be your first priority to kill or hit with damage down / ability block.

Until we get the ability to see the full opponent, you'll want to have flexibility in your roster to adjust for any surprises like Maul. That may take time to build, but that's part of the fun too - building the roster and one day facing a Maul and taking him out with ease because you have the tools to do it.
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Power rating only tells you the stats of the team. That number doesn't account for team synergy, the power of specials a character has, or unique anti-Jedi type skills like what Maul has on his damage vs. Jedi. Maul is far from broke and is well balanced. He's one of the slower and squishier toons in the game. His tradeoff is having good power and being deadly in particular vs. Jedi. If you are running Jedi against him though, he should be your first priority to kill or hit with damage down / ability block.

Until we get the ability to see the full opponent, you'll want to have flexibility in your roster to adjust for any surprises like Maul. That may take time to build, but that's part of the fun too - building the roster and one day facing a Maul and taking him out with ease because you have the tools to do it.

I hope they add the 4 squad slots like they have in HODA.
  • Options
    i beat a 21k team once with my 17k team sometimes if you get lucky with stuns, they fail stun etc you might beat them
  • Options
    What does this have to do with the misleading topic of heroes being broken?
    Wish there was a way to alter topic names since a lot of titles have nothing to do with problems players describe.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Redan wrote: »
    Why didn't you focusfire Maul? He should be dead before his 1st turn or at least ability blocked by Lumi ...

Taunted by poe
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Wish there was a way to alter topic names since a lot of titles have nothing to do with problems players describe.

Actually the title is fine. The entire problem I have is that there are certain heroes that simply outperform their power rating. It is not rocket science.
  • Options

Actually the title is fine. The entire problem I have is that there are certain heroes that simply outperform their power rating. It is not rocket science.

So your logic is that if a toon has similar power rating it should roughly at equal levels? Wow, it is not 'rocket science' to realise each toon has a different kit regardless of their power.
  • Options

Power is just stats - anyone with any special abilities, good specials like Obi Wan or Phasma, or good leader skills / uniques will outperform their power by a long shot. Power is a weak indicator of difficulty.

Poe was your bigger problem there - not Maul. Pull out Maul from that team and insert another attacker and you'd still have problems. Pull out Poe for Chewy and leave Maul and you'd have a lot easier time. Poe directed your fire, slowed your turn meter, and exposed you for big damage. Poe was the key piece there - not Maul.
  • Options
    If heroes are broken considering the fact that you lost from someone with lower power, than the title is misleading. The heroes are not broken because if you were supposed to win 100% with higher power level than why not sim the fight? It makes no sense to claim being the victor just because you have higher power and if not, heroes are broken. Power level is artificial and says nothing about synergie or all the previous stated arguements above.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Cleaner wrote: »

And when choosing an opponent all you know about their comp is their leader and 90% of the time at my level this indicates nothing of your team comp. 95% of leaders are sid, chewie and phasma. And in this particular match it was closer to 10% power difference. That is the problem, power is the ONE thing you should reliably expect as an indicator of success from an opponent in the arena lobby.

Life is full of adversity. I think you'll be fine.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Maul basically does double damage to your all Jedi team, so effectively you are fighting a 5v6 and your power relative to his is much weaker.

His team comp counters yours..... waaaah.
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Maul basically does double damage to your all Jedi team, so effectively you are fighting a 5v6 and your power relative to his is much weaker.

His team comp counters yours..... waaaah.

Didnt know 40% = 100%. Anymore profound insight you care to offer?
  • Options
    Double damage on your healers is enough ;)
  • Options
    In pvp we should be able to see the rival's whole team, not only the leader. It should be just like the GW, so that we could prepare a strategy and a team for it. Right now, we face the fight blindly. Global power is the worst possible indicator they could have thought of.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    In pvp we should be able to see the rival's whole team, not only the leader. It should be just like the GW, so that we could prepare a strategy and a team for it. Right now, we face the fight blindly. Global power is the worst possible indicator they could have thought of.

Hey look, I just got wrecked by a hidden Kylo on a team with 1,000 less power than me. Literally the first pvp I have lost since making this thread. But grossly underrated power p2p heroes that I am 3 levels from being able to start farming wrecking my team is fair and balanced. /payers