Any tips for getting T3 trading mats? - other than the relevant challenges!

Hey all

Couldn't see any other threads on this. The one material I find hardest to farm is T3 training mats. Obviously you can get 6 or so through the challenge map, but this in only twice a week & therefore only suitable for 2 upgrades at higher levels. I also get 1 or 2 through the galactic war piece, though I only keep 5-6 strong characters so don't always get that far. They are listed as drops on most cantina battles, though I never seem to get this drop. Is there any particular level where a drop appears to be a higher probability? Or is there any other tips people have for obtaining these mats?

Replies

• DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Are you talking about training mats for abilities or droids?

Ability mats = GW, Cantina, Challenge (highest tier) A full clear in GW and one refresh in cantina usually lets me upgrade 1-2 level 4+ abilities (give or take, RNG)

Droids = everywhere, shipments if you are hard up
  • Options
    Curious about this too. In some cantina levels the order in the rewards section is different (example first the green ab. mats then the blue one and in another level it's first the blue one followed by the green mat) Does this mean they have different drop rate?
  • Options
    Thanks Cpt_Dan. I was talking about the ability mats

I had a similar thought to you Pindasauskanon. However the first drop listed is always the character shard if there's one available, & I think we'd all agree they aren't the most likely drops :D . It still maybe the case for the other items though
  • Options
    I don't notice too bad of a drought in the t-3 mats. They are fairly rare but I'm content with the drop chance. For reference I usually only farm the JC and Kylo nodes. Out of a full refill I can usually expect 3-4 of them (RNG willing ofc) and GW gives a few more. Now once you're upgrading abilities to 6 you'll go nuts but it's still do able.

Like anything else, there is a huge diminishing return on the material/effort investment so I simply prioritize a few abilities to work on that week. I only use a few leader buffs so those get ignored, and then I prioritize ranks that add a benefit instead of 5% damage or something until all of my priorities are done, then I do the next to unlock the next benefit. The swgohcantina site helps there.

For arena, I focus on one area at a time. (Heals, control, and damage)