Congrats Leicester

Kevez
148 posts Member
Another fairytale sports moment for history. So much respect.

Replies

• Options
    <3 Leicester, well done!
  • Options
    As long as it isn't ManU or Chelsea, I'm happy.
    You can probably guess what team I support by now. :wink:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Chris10
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully Barcelona can play against them next seasons champions league
  • Options
    Barca > Leicester > Barca without Suarez :tongue:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073 liverpool? just based on the suarez comment
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    'Murica
  • Options
    @Kevez actually more the anti-ManU. I'm contractually obliged to dislike them and I guess we have more of a history than the Manchester derby itself. My personal #1 dislike globally goes to Chelsea however, SO GLAD they let De Bruyne slip away, muahahahaha.
    Suarez, while he was outstanding (beyond outstanding) at Anfield, does have more of an impact on FCB than Messi. That's just by looking at the facts.
  • Options
    I would encourage you to watch the Stanley Cup playoffs, and hockey in general. it is a similar sport to soccer(football) but for men.
  • Options
    If only the playoffs would be watchable outside of 'Murrica, and not always start at 3am, I would. Love hockey (well, both on and off ice actually).

I did however see the gold medal match in Vancouver. Best moment in Crosby's career I guess.

off topic within off topic... [insert Inception meme]
  • Options
    Its so niche here that The last game i watched started at 9:42PM on a Tuesday night. They dont want to interfere with "prime time" programs. The game went to 2OT and ended at 1:47AM. thats absurd. And that was a playoff game. the major networks wont even play a regular season game.
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    @Widget_gaget I will watch the miracle on ice, but hockey isn't my thing. As far as sports for men there is nothing better than soccer, but if I had to watch a "real" man's sport it would be american football.
  • Options
    LOL, American Football, the only sport where you only play for a minute. Aussie rules, now THAT is something entirely different. Everything in Australia is more manly apparently, even the cooking. :wink:
  • Options
    Kevez wrote: »
    @Widget_gaget I will watch the miracle on ice, but hockey isn't my thing. As far as sports for men there is nothing better than soccer, but if I had to watch a "real" man's sport it would be american football.
    yes, i have seen these "men" get kicked in the calf, or elbowed in the back, and roll on the grass like their shirt was on fire. 10 minutes later they go off on a stretcher. Sidney Crosby (face of the game) gets a puck to the face, broken jaw, 5 teeth knocked out, 6 more broken, and skates off on his own power.
  • Options
    ... Sidney Crosby (face of the game) gets a puck to the face ...

Well then, not anymore. :trollface:
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Hahaha widget wins
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    embellishment happens in soccer, but it also happens in "men's" sports. soccer is certainly one of the first to adopt embellishment as a regular part of its game, but it also was, and still is in a different way, an incredibly tough game that incredibly tough players played
  • Options
    The second gif looks like he ruptured a tendon though. Still good humor.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Kevez wrote: »
    embellishment happens in soccer, but it also happens in "men's" sports. soccer is certainly one of the first to adopt embellishment as a regular part of its game, but it also was, and still is in a different way, an incredibly tough game that incredibly tough players played

Undeniably so. However, I've watched a ton of American football, basketball and baseball. These sports use over the top acting much less.

In the nba there is flopping which is sort of like the second gif there, but not as dramatic. It's the sport that's closest to this though.

In the nfl there is nothing close to that that I can think of. Qbs whine a lot if they get hit and a penalty isn't called.

In the mlb there is no reason to do anything like that so they don't.

That first gif though, that guy should be embarrassed. I mean really.
  • Options
    lol that flopping in the NBA and other sports is all about trying to draw penalties. Pretty silly but it's part of the strategy nowadays
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Embellishment definitely happens in the NBA. it happens a little in the NHL. I'd argue that deflategate and similar NFL controversies are forms of embellishment, too.
  • Options
    Rugby League>Everything

If someone is doing a Hollywood the ref will say, "No, you're milking it"
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • K4RN4G3
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Aussie Rules Football.
    Do anything that remotely resembles being a pussy and your on the back page. For a week