What's scaring people away?

I'm currently using a non meta Arena team. All level 76

Dooku (L) Gear 8
Fives Gear 9
Lumi Gear 8
Phasma Gear 8
Kylo Gear 8

Is it just the Dooku lead? I've never been so high in Arena as I am now. Currently ranked #29. Can't go much higher. But I just was wondering. My squad really has no synergy. It would be one I would target. Wouldn't you?

Replies

• Options
    yeah people all scared off that whole team b/c they are all pretty tanky, other than dooku. Tanky with dodges is enough to make people pass on attacking. I bet that gear 9 fives helps too.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Tru_Bree11 wrote: »
    I'm currently using a non meta Arena team. All level 76

Dooku (L) Gear 8
    Fives Gear 9
    Lumi Gear 8
    Phasma Gear 8
    Kylo Gear 8

Is it just the Dooku lead? I've never been so high in Arena as I am now. Currently ranked #29. Can't go much higher. But I just was wondering. My squad really has no synergy. It would be one I would target. Wouldn't you?

You have a "tanky" squad with a bit of counter attack to it, some folks may not want to deal with that. I almost think your squad would be better without Dooku, put Phasma at lead and replace Dooku with a burstier attacker to add some pressure. The reason I say cut Dooku is because you want them to hit 5's and Kylo and his dodge negates that a little, just my opinion. If you have Old Daka I'd swap her in for Lumi too. Maybe something like...

Phasma(L)
    5's
    Kylo
    Rey, GS, or IG86
    Daka
  • Tru_Bree11
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I have a 6* IG86 that I have yet to level and gear. I also have Daka and Rey but they're only 4* and i'm not so sure that they are viable at that star level. I'm looking to replace Lumi because she's just lost a lot of appeal. I'd rather use 86. I've got a QGJ that's almost 6* so I've put farming Daka on hold for a bit. Just so many toons that I need to level!

Also -- If I can't use Daka, would a 5* Geared RG be a good substitute?
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 I completely agree, having kylo on a phasma led team is much scarier than on a dooku led team. I agree that dropping dooku for another tanky bruiser or daka would be beneficial. But honestly how arena is these days, the best team is the one that doesnt get attacked and dooku (L) just dont get targeted as often.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Fives. That the only thing you need to know and is your actual answer.
  • Tru_Bree11
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Man, It's so sad to me that he gets such a bad rap. He was actually my very first 7* character. Loved him from the beginning. Played him ever since I randomly unlocked him in chromium. Been on my Arena team since like week 3 of me playing the game.
  • Options
    @Tru_Bree11 who dooku? dont feel like you shouldnt use him cause no one wants to face him.. that more of a reason to use him lol
  • Options
    @younglukesky Na, I was meaning Fives! Haha that's one of the reasons that I keep Dooku in. No one wants to fight him!
  • Options
    @Tru_Bree11 yeah fives is very cool! wish i could trade my maxed boba for a maxed fives... ah that would be the day
  • Options
    @younglukesky I never put out for Boba. But hopefully he can get a buff at some point so you can use him to his maximum!
  • Options
    i think boba is dying for a buff. dont have too many other maxed so i cant say if he is the most needing of one but Id say he is up there for sho
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, while Ewoks might beat your team, it would take 35 minutes and I would ultimately lose (draw) so yes I avoid teams like yours. :)
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    @younglukesky I never put out for Boba. But hopefully he can get a buff at some point so you can use him to his maximum!

Try Boba as leader with droids or Greedo, FOO, etc. and RG. That +50% crit damage with Phasma crit guarantee is very appealing.
  • Options
    boba leader is the only reason i kept him in my squad as long as i did. I never got phasma but have been farming her since advantage is an auto crit now, which could easily save him in general
  • Options
    @djlott go ewoks!! while mine arent ready for arena they sure do sweep gw with barriss and daka
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Everybody is scared off by 5's, he is a beast when he starts countering every hit. I am farming him up as fast as possible.
  • Options
    djlott wrote: »

Try Boba as leader with droids or Greedo, FOO, etc. and RG. That +50% crit damage with Phasma crit guarantee is very appealing.

Boba and Greedo sounds good. Critical hit equals double attack for Greedo