Weird Bug/Glitch Regarding Speed

Today while doing my first battle I've come across something strange.

My squad is: HK47(L), IG86&88, Daka and Poggle.
And my enemy had: Sid(L), Lumi, Dooku, Kylo, and Ahsoka.

Now the battle starts with enemy Dooku going first, hitting my Daka with lightning (no stun) then Sid uses its AoE. And now the weird part happens, my first toon to move is Daka (126 speed) whereas it should have been (Poggle 136).

I heal with Daka, then Kylo moves (116 speed), uses its AoE. Now turn is up for my Poggle (136 speed) I buff my squad and then Lumi moves (118 speed) whereas both IG86 and IG88 exceed 130 speed with the buff (15% speed buff) and hits my Poggle.

Even though I've won the fight due to my IGs pretty much taking no focused damage, it seemed really weird how the turns went, both from my side as well as the opponent.

Poggle should've moved before Daka, Lumi should've moved before Kylo and the droids should've moved before both of them so if anyone has knowledge on this it'd great.

Replies

• Vader_Be_Hatin
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Same goes for me, only I run an Ackbar team, which at this point gives all rebels +21 speed, this should have put my rebel scout's turn (base 137 speed + 21 speed = 158), before that of dooku (145) and sidious (134), but it didn't hapen so I am also pretty curious why this is?
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Today while doing my first battle I've come across something strange.

My squad is: HK47(L), IG86&88, Daka and Poggle.
    And my enemy had: Sid(L), Lumi, Dooku, Kylo, and Ahsoka.

Now the battle starts with enemy Dooku going first, hitting my Daka with lightning (no stun) then Sid uses its AoE. And now the weird part happens, my first toon to move is Daka (126 speed) whereas it should have been (Poggle 136).

I heal with Daka, then Kylo moves (116 speed), uses its AoE. Now turn is up for my Poggle (136 speed) I buff my squad and then Lumi moves (118 speed) whereas both IG86 and IG88 exceed 130 speed with the buff (15% speed buff) and hits my Poggle.

Even though I've won the fight due to my IGs pretty much taking no focused damage, it seemed really weird how the turns went, both from my side as well as the opponent.

Poggle should've moved before Daka, Lumi should've moved before Kylo and the droids should've moved before both of them so if anyone has knowledge on this it'd great.

It happened to me once, my HK went before my 88. Lol

It's not a regular thing. I don't think they decide turns purely based on stats. It is probably a random selection system whereas the higher speed will be more likely to go first but not definitely.
  • Options
    Update: Well this rather seems like a cointoss if anything and it'd be nice to have some answers how speed is determined.

While fighting for rank 1, both my Poggle and the enemy Poggle went before the enemy Sid helping me out and letting me win tho this seems pretty fuzzy.
  • Options
    Dooku to one post above has 155 speed fyi.

I've seen issues with speed - I've just concluded that speed must have variance to it like other stats (damage for example). I can't be positive about this, but we've been testing toons with similar speeds that lead off matches and it seems if you are at similar speeds it will be a coin flip in terms of which toons goes first based on multiple PVP head to head results. I'm not sure this is as intended or what is actually happening to cause the variance, but he variance in speeds is for sure there. The speed numbers are not absolute...either that or there is a bug. We've been tracking this very closely as initiative on certain toons head to head is vital to the match.
  • Options
    Check each characters turn meter as soon as the match loads. Each character has a different starting meter volume produced by RNG. The first member of your team to hit 100% will lock themselves in to the que to move nextbon your team. When the next team member hits 100%, they will que behind the first. Having a higher speed will influence when your character hits 100% but it wont always ensure that he goes first.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Check each characters turn meter as soon as the match loads. Each character has a different starting meter volume produced by RNG. The first member of your team to hit 100% will lock themselves in to the que to move nextbon your team. When the next team member hits 100%, they will que behind the first. Having a higher speed will influence when your character hits 100% but it wont always ensure that he goes first.

Hm I've never thought of that. My assumption was that higher speed= more turn meter, so if the turn meters are decided randomly (meanwhile being affected by speed) that'd explain the situations that some others like me are experiencing.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »

Interesting. So it works like Initiative in Pathfinder and other RPG games. Just because a character has Improved Initiative and High Dex (Dooku), if he rolls a 1 on the die/RNG, he won't go first.

Very good to know.
  • Options
    I noticed this too but couldn't confirm anything. I made a joke about it mattering in which order you place your team as to who goes first or who gets hit more often. It does seem to make a difference at the start of the match but I think the speed and turns settle into position once the first round (each char makes their first attack) is completed.
    I've noticed the difference between my Daka getting 2 stuns or 3 stuns per rotation, same with a few other very fast chars.
  • Options

Is it in GW?
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Is it in GW?

Squad arena.
  • Options
    Dooku to one post above has 155 speed fyi.

I took his base speed of my Dooku at 4 star, not including the speed adding gear or extra speed through extra stars.

• Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Is it in GW?

Squad arena.

I'd submit a bug report to EA

I'm thinking the Base speed without the + from the epic gear could be one reason