6v6

Kevez
148 posts Member
Every single time I enter a battle or challenge where I need to borrow an ally I think about how cool it would be to have 6v6 arena matches. It is so cool to synergize teams with two leader abilities and battle the challenge bosses, and I can only imagine the number of benchwarmer characters that would benefit from these combos.

Imagine a nute, teebo, leia, RG and two aoes vs a rex, plo koon, sergeant, fives, RG, QGJ. I feel it would give relevance to a bunch of characters that otherwise rarely see any arena time, and without needing to necessarily buff them either.

I am not saying this is the direction that the game should go, I just think it is really interesting..
Does anyone else think about this as they borrow allies?
Name your dream two leader squad. I am interested in what the community can come up with.

Replies

• Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah Old Ben + Dooku. Wow such fun, much dodge
  • BaksoKikil
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Tooltje wrote: »
    Yeah Old Ben + Dooku. Wow such fun, much dodge

That combo still wouldnt beat the Door Panel Dodging ability in The Raid...
  • Options
    I don't think we should get the leader ability of the sixth (for the inevitable Dooku and Ben combo) but a sixth character for arena would definitely be cool
  • BaksoKikil
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to see 6v6, but with one leader...
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    everyone knows that in this game 100%- the percentage granted by the ability=the result. 100-15=85. When you add both of their abilities, they will reduce more of the 100 resulting in lower overall dodge rates... its simple mathematics.

seriously though, it is pretty widely accepted that the devs overshot when buffing dodge rates. I would rather them buff the value of the evasion percentage and have a more accurate account of what is happening than have them continue to pretend that what is actually happening is happening 15% of the time.

we should be able to theorycraft 6v6 teams in a positive environment without the need to bring in more of the same complaints about the meta...
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I would be super happy with one leader 6v6 teams as well. I am just more interested in the exotic team comps that two leader teams could make. Obviously having two leaders presents the opportunity to compound broken gameplay elements into gamebreakingly good.
  • Options
    I used Barris as leader and borrowed Rex one time. My characters would get hit for 5k damage and you couldn't even see the bar move because they had so much health.