Gear trade offs

My main team is all VII or VII, with only a few possible upgrades. Those are all tough slots to fill, lots of mats and low drop rates. As I see it, I have 4 choices in the short to medium run:

(1) spend energy to farm those remaining hard to fill slots;
(2) spend energy to get other GW team members geared to VI and VII;
(3) spend energy on getting shards;
(4) spend energy on stocking up mats for the next key team member that I add.

Which option?

Replies

• Options
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    My main team is all VII or VII, with only a few possible upgrades. Those are all tough slots to fill, lots of mats and low drop rates. As I see it, I have 4 choices in the short to medium run:

(1) spend energy to farm those remaining hard to fill slots;
    (2) spend energy to get other GW team members geared to VI and VII;
    (3) spend energy on getting shards;
    (4) spend energy on stocking up mats for the next key team member that I add.

Which option?

1) If those gear spots give important bonuses (i.e. tenacity/potency/speed) you should be min/maxing them.
    2) If you can cruise through GW I wouldn't focus that much on this.
    3) This is what I'm doing while farming my JC to Gear8
    4) Don't think it is viable unless you have a specific toon in mind.
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks. I'm NOT breezing through GW. I was, but I hit a wall the past two days. So I may need to focus some on this. Fortunately I have some easy to fill slots here, so I can get some real benefits without diverting too much energy.

Edit - as for #1, most of the slots don't help with those. One exception: sid's remaining achievable slot. But it would first require a heavy investment in light side progression, which I might want to do anyway, to access the farming node. One possible exception: boba has 2 slots to fill to get to VIII. Neither has key stats in and of themselves, but when I get to VIII there may be some key slots to fill.
    Post edited by Lorenzo on
  • Options
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm NOT breezing through GW. I was, but I hit a wall the past two days. So I may need to focus some on this. Fortunately I have some easy to fill slots here, so I can get some real benefits without diverting too much energy.

Edit - as for #1, most of the slots don't help with those. One exception: sid's remaining achievable slot. But it would first require a heavy investment in light side progression, which I might want to do anyway, to access the farming node. One possible exception: boba has 2 slots to fill to get to VIII. Neither has key stats in and of themselves, but when I get to VIII there may be some key slots to fill.

I'd say put Boba in a high priority only if you use him in Arena. In GW min/maxing don't really matter and but in arena it can make a difference, otherwise get Sid's gear and slowly work upon Boba and JC to gear8.