Love the Game, Hate the Money Grubbing Creators

tiskalhulken
51 posts Member
edited May 2016
Double rewards Dark side, Guild rewards Light Side??
am I the only one who sees these new Guild activities as just a way to make you spend more Crystals (ie money) on this game. Every new update seems to just make us spend more crystals than can be collected in a day.
I used to build up several hundred crystals in a week just by playing minimal battles, now my crystals have been constantly diminishing every day just to hit the 600 guild contributions.
I would refuse to play the Guild except you have to for certain gear now, which is a whole different issue with this game!! Gear and characters that are/used to be available in a certain area are now gone and/or restricted to certain activities. Vader is a great example, used to be able to purchase his shards but bow they are only available as an achievement award.
just tired of everything they "update" in this game being geared towards $$$ in their pockets. they get $$ for every download and site hit already. pshhh..
Post edited by tiskalhulken on

Replies

• Options
    Double rewards and guild activity are both light side today
  • tiskalhulken
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    im going to start screenshots. theu sent a message yesterday that it was the opposite. and this morning I got double rewards on dark side. they mustve read my thread and changed it.. seriously these mods are watching everything.
  • tiskalhulken
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    They are of course doing this for money, it's not a charity. And some of the cashgrabs are worthy of criticism. But offering double rewards? It's not like you have to spend more crystals, you can just do the same missions as before and get extra stuff. ?
    The guild contribution thing is also off-base. You get 360 energy every 24 hours for free. You can get 135 more for logging in three times per day, so that's nearly 500 for free. It costs only 50 crystals to get 600, and you can get that even F2P just from what you earn in-game. Even if you don't log in for the 135, you can get to 600 by spending only 100 crystals, which you can get with even a moderate arena finish.
    They were actually very generous to F2Pers by capping that at 600.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    lolz
  • Options
    am I the only one who sees these new Guild activities as just a way to make you spend more Crystals (ie money) on this game. Every new update seems to just make us spend more crystals than can be collected in a day.
    I used to build up several hundred crystals in a week just by playing minimal battles, now my crystals have been constantly diminishing every day just to hit the 600 guild contributions.
    I would refuse to play the Guild except you have to for certain gear now, which is a whole different issue with this game!! Gear and characters that are/used to be available in a certain area are now gone and/or restricted to certain activities. Vader is a great example, used to be able to purchase his shards but bow they are only available as an achievement award.
    just tired of everything they "update" in this game being geared towards $$$ in their pockets. they get $$ for every download and site hit already. pshhh..

Do you prefer just a one time upfront payment of $49.99 at purchase?
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    They are of course doing this for money, it's not a charity. And some of the cashgrabs are worthy of criticism. But offering double rewards? It's not like you have to spend more crystals, you can just do the same missions as before and get extra stuff. ?
    The guild contribution thing is also off-base. You get 360 energy every 24 hours for free. You can get 135 more for logging in three times per day, so that's nearly 500 for free. It costs only 50 crystals to get 600, and you can get that even F2P just from what you earn in-game. Even if you don't log in for the 135, you can get to 600 by spending only 100 crystals, which you can get with even a moderate arena finish.

Always desperately and pathetically coming to the rescue of the devs and failing at it. Nice one @Qeltar!
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Options
    Spot on. Also without a paying customer base this game doesn't exist. As much as some of the rip-off offers are, in general this is a pretty good game that balances F2P, P2P and larger fish.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yes. Or a reasonably priced $9.99 monthly subscription. I would much rather play that game model and have all content at start. Death to microtransactions that do anything other than cosmetic changes!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    vavavader wrote: »
    Always desperately and pathetically coming to the rescue of the devs and failing at it. Nice one @Qeltar!

You're relatively new here. I am generally considered one of the most critical frequent posters here.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

You're relatively new here. I am generally considered one of the most critical frequent posters here.

This is true, i gotta back @Qeltar here. I often scroll straight to @Qeltar comments for a quick LOL

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar nailed it. With EA at the helm and having the SW license, of course there's going to be micro transactions.

@7AnimalMother - I'm intrigued by the $9.99 subscription fee. How would that look? Unlimited energy? Capped energy per hour? Limited Cantina pulls capped per day? For frame of reference, I've never played a game based on a subscription, so I'm asking what that would look like or how it SHOULD look like.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

But would a drug dealer make more money by offering addicts unlimited drugs for $50, or by giving away a little for free and then steadily raising prices as they get more and more addicted?
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    @Qeltar nailed it. With EA at the helm and having the SW license, of course there's going to be micro transactions.

@7AnimalMother - I'm intrigued by the $9.99 subscription fee. How would that look? Unlimited energy? Capped energy per hour? Limited Cantina pulls capped per day? For frame of reference, I've never played a game based on a subscription, so I'm asking what that would look like or how it SHOULD look like.

Subscription games I have played are MMOs: EQ, WOW, LOTRO Online (before they ruined it with ftp), Warhammer Online, and Rift (before they ruined it with FTP). Having wife and kids now, I unfortunately no longer have time for a MMO, but the sub model was solid.

For a mobile game such as SWGoh, I feel a sub model would be workable , but would require major changes. At the core, artificial time limiting currency such as "energy" would have to be eliminated. If a player is paying a sub model, they expect to be able to play 24/7 if they so choose. Being limited to 1-2 hours of play per day would not be acceptable.

If energy was removed from the equation, then we come to SWGOH real problems. Lack of content and lack of replay value. The game is currently built around limiting time for the simple reason that there is not enough content. More game modes - specifically centered around various types of pvp would be the way to go. If you want to see a good "freemium" model that allows a one time payment that eliminates energy (or hearts in that game), download Golf Star. Look at all the different modes of play available. One can literally play that game all day non-stop. SWGOH devs could really benefit from taking a close look at that game.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options

+1......Worth a credit for a good laugh....
  • Options
    no one has even touched on the statement I made about the fact that with "mobile" style games, the developers still make money for every download, login, etc. even with free games.
    the more people who just play and give traffic to their servers is how they make money day to day. I understand "in game" purchases, but with P2P games it seems unfair and eliminates a certain challenge level to the game.
    yes you can collect 600 energy per day if you log in at exactly the right times (the "bonus" energies only refill every so often as well) and spend 50 crystals a day. but the farther along you get (ive been playing 5 months now) the harder it is to collect the daily gears, level ups cost more, so you have to spend 50-100 crystals per day just trying to hit main activities each day.
    and no to the 49.99 etc. it would mean even more restrictions on daily play I would presume.
  • Options
    Double rewards and guild activity are both light side today
    just took a screen shot cant get it to upload. says May 3 Dark Side Hard battles doubled
    tomorrow All Battles.
    but as you said, I was collecting Double Points in Light Side Hard all day.. so.. ****???
    these developers are just really disappointing me and its Star Wars week for f***s sake!
  • tiskalhulken
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    they just deleted my w. l. t. o. f. l. lolz again
    Post edited by tiskalhulken on
  • Options
    the proof
  • Options
    @boba_the_fetter please see link above
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @boba_the_fetter please see link above
    Its all very confusing to keep track of this double reward thing and guild challenges. Especially when you consider all our different tine zones and everything changes at different times.
    Between arena payout, midnight, free energy, guild challenges change, raid fight refresh its mad