Change the Raid reset Time for Char revival and try's

Dionysos
17 posts Member
edited May 2016
The problem is the reset time for raids at 01:00.
I'm from Germany and the most of us have to or would sleep at this time. But there are some players 10-15 from 50 who have the time to Play.. So the Boss get killed allmost at 01:30. this is not fair to the other players.. They was maybe on Place 1,2,3 and after that on Place 10-15..

Change the Raid reset Time for Char revival and try's 79 votes

Let the reset time at 01:00
8%
BreetaiStarSonwikking4uKamikazeRhombusHobnobJdm1a0OoUndead 7 votes
6 hours earlier to 19:00 (as the Most other Event Timers)
27%
Boro_Smooth1KAULIArryn_RenGwonkObi1_master1Dan_zMolKanarNightloresMasteryodaSikhoWilliamRickardTooltjerydgren77KadalfiDarthFionziCsakaDrewPowerzDwightHalpertDemonLeprech4unNimbus22 22 votes
6 ours later to 07:00
1%
Brazilian_Joe 1 vote
Let the reset Time set from Guild Lead some between 12h and 24h After RAID Start
13%
SaidonwarmonkeyDimmySpaceCowboyVorechDionysosJazz66ldkronosRahveanBob_the_TitanCoris 11 votes
Make it happen 24h after Raid Start
48%
scubaQeltarJJHSysyichotolotCronozNLMcPot45OwexBaillMegadeth3700Phlebotomy_Joneschipmunk19JamitoUriakatosUltraJediJed1johnsonBostonmessPmanRingoWhitchitZapdoszapsseraphim 38 votes
Let the Time as before but grant a Buff for Players that can't Play After reset to kill, for the next raid (some dmg Buff)
0%

Replies

• OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    My reset time is at 2:00 AM !
    So I've got my alarm clock set up at 2AM, I instantly wake up, make damage on the rancor left and I end up in top 3 ! :smiley:
    Yep, i'm freakin tired at work, but that's worth it ahah ! (That's not even worth it, I got **** rewards at TOP2)
  • Dionysos
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Let the reset Time set from Guild Lead some between 12h and 24h After RAID Start
    So u are think that is fair? It's a Trick u used to get in the top 3.. Nothin else.. Okay u messed up with tired eyes.. But it could be better if the time is changed! And it would be fair.. U exactly descriped the Point of the Unfairness which actually happens.. Exactly that is the Point!
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes ! My point was to adjust your point !
    I'm a free to play player and lots of thread say "The strongest get stronger, the weakest, weaker". With this reset time at 2 Am (or 1Am) i have a chance to trick this and get in the top 3 ! Otherwise, i'd never be able to reach top 5 !

So at least with this reset time in the middle of the night, most of people won't get up to play, so I have my chances !

There is nothing unfair here, because you can do it too !
    I just make things work with what EA offers me !

PS : I won't mind if the time is changed however !
  • Dionysos
    17 posts Member
    Options
    So what about the Last Poll Option with the buff? In fact u will also get a chance to get in top 3 or whatever.. But this will be fair to those who are maybe weak aus u to get better scores but are not able to wake up at 1 or 2 am.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    From Germany, too.
    Not gonna get up at 1 am to play a mobile game.
    Just make it 24 hours.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I am getting real annoyed real fast at losing my rank at night because I freaking sleep at night. 1am reset is ****!
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    OoUndead wrote: »
    My reset time is at 2:00 AM !
    So I've got my alarm clock set up at 2AM, I instantly wake up, make damage on the rancor left and I end up in top 3 ! :smiley:
    Yep, i'm freakin tired at work, but that's worth it ahah ! (That's not even worth it, I got **** rewards at TOP2)

The same!
    But Im not waking up to play... and then my mates finish the rancor with an extra round
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    IMO the most sensible and fair way to to do it is 24 hours after the raid starts. No matter when the raid begins, nobody can get more than 5 fights before everyone has had a chance to do 5.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    It's never going to be fair. Change it to some other time and you'll have others who can't play at those times. Sure, making it depend on when you open them is most fair, because even though the guild leader could exploit that and open at a time when few others can play the game so that s/he can clear it out upon reset, it puts the power in the guild members' hands to put pressure on him/her not to do so. Other than that, there's nothing really wrong with spreading out the reset times for different things.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    They could also, you know, stop making the rewards for #1 so much better than for #50, and stop making everything depend on damage dealt. You know, so we could act like we were working TOGETHER rather than against each other.
    Kind of like what a guild is supposed to be?
    Nah, what a radical idea. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I should look before i post a poll xD
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    They could also, you know, stop making the rewards for #1 so much better than for #50, and stop making everything depend on damage dealt. You know, so we could act like we were working TOGETHER rather than against each other.

Dude, you sound like a madman!
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Either 19:00 or 24h after Raid Start would be fine. I am not gonna get up at 02:00.
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Either 24 hrs after start or reset at guild activity reset time.
    Leaving it as it is is utterly ridiculous - EA are endorsing insomnia!
  • Dionysos
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I had this discussion in my Gild.. And some response was like i read here.. So for this Point untill this will be changed we agreed that we could set a intern reset Time for us. Before that no one start After the reset at 01:00. This is Teamwork!
    But @Rimbaudelaire u're right in that Point.. That if the Time changed it could be that other player have there no Time at all to finish after reset.
    So that's why i put in Poll Option 4 - let the leader adjust it. He/she can make it more fair enough for the Most Player of the Guild.. Not only 10-20.. Because He/she can put also some reset Time One day for Player who have more Time AM and a other day for Player who have more Time at PM.. U See just want to make it better not Perfect.. U can't make it Perfect fit for all.. But for the Most.. And can give Bonus for the Player who can't Act the day before..
  • Dionysos
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It looks like 24h after raid Start will be good
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    No time is perfect for everyone as started above. I think keep it where it is best only because we already started here so might as well keep it.

I also miss out at the start as I sleep at night as well. But we are doing tier 6 raids, which is taken us more than a day to complete. Best advice is get your guild to stop with the easy stuff and start pushing for the harder content. If your clearing tier 6 that fast then you're ready for tier 7.
  • Options
    24 hr after raid start makes most sense. My guild leader is 9 hours ahead of me, so when character reset happens at 1:00 am for them, it's 4:00 pm for me. This means if they start a raid at say, 7:00 pm local time, it's only 10:00 am for me. After everybody gets their shots in for the first round, they all go to bed. Then character reset happens and I can get another round in while they are sleeping.
    Should I skip that round because I know I'll have an advantage? If I do skip the round and wait for another 12 hours, the raid might end and I won't get another shot. We all want a shot at the big prizes, so I think I should go right away, shouldn't I?
    We are currently running a raid and are in Phase IV with about 2/3 to go. I imagine everybody on the other side of the planet are getting their second shots in if they haven't already finished. The way it looks, I'm going to get three rounds in while most only get two because of my time zone advantage. That doesn't seem fair.
  • Dionysos
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Okay the bound to Leaders Time Zone is an Aspect that i didn't know.. Because we are only german in my Guild
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Options
    It would be great to get a devs comment on this just to understand if it's something they are thinking about or don't see it as an issue as in the US the reset time is perfect...
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    First step - get rid of DPS as primary loot determinant.

Second step - make everyone's timer 24 hours after their first battle started, or 24 hours after the raid starts. Doesn't matter to me.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    i feel bad for my guild leader he never got to go another round after refresh :(
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    First step - get rid of DPS as primary loot determinant.

This would really be the best first step.
  • Options
    Moving the time makes no sense, all you're doing is moving the disadvantage to people in another time zone. That's not really a solution.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Moving the time makes no sense, all you're doing is moving the disadvantage to people in another time zone. That's not really a solution.

That's not what's happening at all. You get to decide, either on your own, or as a guild what time it resets. Prior can choose what's best for them. That's an obvious improvement.

Although it wouldn't matter nearly as much of DPS didn't matter as much, so that would be a better solution.
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »

That's not what's happening at all. You get to decide, either on your own, or as a guild what time it resets. Prior can choose what's best for them. That's an obvious improvement.

Although it wouldn't matter nearly as much of DPS didn't matter as much, so that would be a better solution.

I was talking about the choices in the poll where the time is moved six hours one way or the other. That doesn't solve anything.
  • Feyd
    11 posts Member
    Options
    This issue is that all timer in the game does not take into account the time change we did a few weeks ago. During the winter, daily reset was 24h (GMT+1), at that hour it is acceptable to stay awake and do an extra run.
  • Options
    The whole scoring system is broke. Allowing certain few people be rewarded for either having a fortunate time zone or waking up at odd hours isn't balanced. But I'm literally not going to lose sleep over it though. It is a free game so its not a big deal to me.

I would suggest to make it a better system is just making it an average score per run after the first 5 attempts. That way after the reset, you have to choose whether or not to raid all 5 attempts to better your average. Although there could be flaws to this, it does seem more fair.

Another option as someone had mentioned is just make the rewards even across the board for the guild. Then have time goals to how fast your guild can finish the raid, the faster you finish, the better the rewards. The guild is supposed to be a team thing and promoting teamwork can't be all that bad.
  • Options
    Keep it real simple:

Step 1) Ask for vote in guild chat for what you desire time to be for reset.

Step 2) EA creates setting ability for leader to adjust raid reset to whatever majority of members voted for in in step 1.

Majority will now be happy!