The Truth about Galactic Wars

Aniema
602 posts Member
Arena has absolutely zero percent to do with it. I have only completed 5 arena fights for the achievement. All I do is retreat three times a day so I can get my daily done. I've kept my rank at 14,000 something for months just to test this out. I have kept my level at 59 and haven't done my dailies in a very long time. The only thing I was doing is GW everyday and can easily completed it many times. The first node I was fighting level 24s and the last node I was fighting level 35. To say I could run the whole thing on auto fight and finish GWs everyday in under 20 minutes is all it took. But last week something happened. After the update I started fighting level 70s mostly in VIII gear. In the past couple of months it went from being super simple to more harder.

So why has it got harder? My arena rank is in the 14,000s, and I've stayed level 59 on purpose resisting the urge to farm anything else except GWs.

It's obvious GWs is determined by Highest Squad Power only. Not only that, but after last weeks guild and raid update the devs turn up the AI big time. I went from finishing it in 20 minutes fighting level 26s to taken me now 2 hours and fighting level 65s to 70s. They turned up the AI to make it harder so people would act impulsive and spend money.

I'm not mad about this but it would be nice if the devs would stop stealth changing things and be honest with the players..after all the only reason they even have a job is because of people that pay money on this game.

Again my arena rank is 14,000 something.

My squad power is 15,000.

I'm level 59.

And I went from completing GWs in 20 minutes for months on auto to now taking me over 2 hours with multiple retreats after last weeks raid and guild update. Nothing I have done has changed, but whatever has changed its on the developers end and they are saying nothing.

Replies

• Options
    They did tell players they are reworking the way GW pulls your enemies, saying it went from your arena squad to your highest powered squad.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    They did tell players they are reworking the way GW pulls your enemies, saying it went from your arena squad to your highest powered squad.

Yeah I figured it was something like that, I never noticed them saying anything about it. Maybe the best way to get my galactic wars easier would be to work on a bunch of low toons and gear them all up equally without adding anything to my current top toons. Maybe I should try to keep all my toons close to the same level and gear and stars?
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »

Yeah I figured it was something like that, I never noticed them saying anything about it. Maybe the best way to get my galactic wars easier would be to work on a bunch of low toons and gear them all up equally without adding anything to my current top toons. Maybe I should try to keep all my toons close to the same level and gear and stars?

I agree. It makes sense. The more well-developed characters you have, the easier it will be to replace whiped out teams with new ones to weather the final GW Battles.
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »

This has worked for me. I have one GW (also my arena) team at MAX, one team (of droids) at MAX-10, two teams (of rebels and dooku/DPS) at MAX-13, and one team (of empire) at MAX-18. Heavy on healers, I use my main team through 1-7, then for nodes 8-11 I first suicide one of the other teams to wear down protection and take out 1 of their team. This is enough for my main team to prevail without damage.

The final node I'll use just my main team, and grind them down, accepting the loss of a PC or two for victory.

MAX=Current PC level
  • Options
    I've posted this same thing before. With the guild update GW match making was changed from highest power from an Arena win to using power of five most powerful toons in your inventory. CG_JohnSalera claims no changes were made but it is obvious to those of us (like you) who run low power in Arena that changes were made. I have an open post in the bugs section of the forum awaiting an answer from CG_JohnSalera and EA_Jesse. I follow up every couple of days. You could try posting this in the subreddit to see if NotARealJedi will answer. He is the dev that told us how matching was supposed to work. Until we hear otherwise, I'm assuming the new way is a bug and will be changed back at some point.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Why do people not progress in this game? Is it really fun to just collect credits you're never going to use?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I have actually been following the practice all along (I level my top 15 toons together not just my arena team). I had some challenges with GW last week, but it has settled down and I have no problems at all...but my Arena team hasn't been geared or leveled in a week (I am level 69 with 3 7* toons)
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Why do people not progress in this game? Is it really fun to just collect credits you're never going to use?

Why do people want to be competitive in this game and rank number 1? They do it for the crystals so that they can stay there so they get the crystals they need to stay there to ...

I use plenty of credits, I just enjoy leveling evenly and gearing evenly. I don't worry about maxing my time or not playing for a day. I get to eat dinner with my family. I enjoy a slow and steady pace of collecting. That is fun and relaxing. I play different than you and that is okay. My lack of progress won't affect you in any way. The problem is it is so easy to star up GW characters that they unbalance the entire group. With the new changes to GW, I will need to not add stars to the characters that I have them for until the lower power toons catch up. Otherwise my bench depth disappears and I won't be able to finish GW which hinders progress.