Bugs, Droids, & Clones. The heros of this SW galaxy. Why

Had you never seen the movies, according to this game you would think 100% that the heros of star wars were:

1. GS/poggle (barley evolved bugs that somehow must mind trick and beat down mentaly dumb jedi's)
2. 5's (A powerhouse clone of a man!!..guess the same dumb clone brain gets smart after an anomaly?)
3. Ig86 ( i honestly dont remember this droid from the movies but hey, he must have gunned down jedi left and right!!)

Vader, luke heros and main chars of the movies - suck bad in this game
Ben - barley makes a few top squads
Anakin - usless
QGJ - ok
Just to mention a few..

But why?? Why could'nt luke or Vader have GS power?

The cromium pack chars in general are really weak compared to lil bug men

Replies

• Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Cause not everyone wants to see whinny anakins and old man dooku's (tho this is the sad reality still). Generic soldiers make the game pretty fun. I want cool-helmeted generic warriors more than the uglier "heroes".
  • Options
    Cuz... money, that's why. ;)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Don't dis the clones! They may have the same genes, but they're unique as most your personality comes from the very subtle differences in how you experience everything. Fives himself was very smart, and in fact is the first one to uncover that Palpatine was behind a scheme to wipe out the Jedi, and was killed because he knew too much, but not before getting his word out to a handful. Fives is a real hero.
  • Options
    Let me guess you couldn't beat a team with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, 5s, and _____.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Once levelled and geared up Vader will be a major power in the game. Huge damage with his specials and massive HPs and protection.

And we haven't yet seen Jedi Luke. In the films 'farmboy' Luke was a bit wet...
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    Options
    I've explained this before, so I will condense. People will farm jedi and sith regardless of strength. If the no name characters were all awful, and jedi/sith were great, there would be nothing but jedi vs sith teams. Look how many people farmed mace and ahsoka when they were garbage, even knowing they were garbage. Now who has a maxed out ugnaught, CUP, clone trooper or stormtrooper?
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've explained this before, so I will condense. People will farm jedi and sith regardless of strength. If the no name characters were all awful, and jedi/sith were great, there would be nothing but jedi vs sith teams. Look how many people farmed mace and ahsoka when they were garbage, even knowing they were garbage. Now who has a maxed out ugnaught, CUP, clone trooper or stormtrooper?

Insert mic drop gif here.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly
    Had you never seen the movies, according to this game you would think 100% that the heros of star wars were:

1. GS/poggle (barley evolved bugs that somehow must mind trick and beat down mentaly dumb jedi's)
    2. 5's (A powerhouse clone of a man!!..guess the same dumb clone brain gets smart after an anomaly?)
    3. Ig86 ( i honestly dont remember this droid from the movies but hey, he must have gunned down jedi left and right!!)

Anakin - usless
    QGJ - ok
    Just to mention a few..

• VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options

Anakin - usless
    QGJ - ok
    Just to mention a few..

My thoughts exactly bro.... It makes no sense to me
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, Fives was smarter than the entire Jedi Council, don't you put that on him.

Not that I'd mind seeing buffs for Anakin, introduction of Jedi Luke (all we have is farmhand Luke) access to 7* Vader, and some other "name brand" power.
  • Options
    Dont get me wrong here i dont want op jedis and sith, just playable characters we all like from the movies.

And dont give me that farmboy luke bit..look at Rey for force sake, this lil nobody scavenger farm girl is the most powerful single attacker in the game...bad enough in the movie she suddenly could beat a sith with no training lol.

At least young whiny luke had training from ben and he was vaders son.
  • Options
    TLDR: jedi are weak, unreliable, and boring (thanks, George!)

In Ep IV, V, VI, jedi and sith were extremely interesting because they were extremely rare, mysterious, and just became more powerful as we got to know more about them. Everybody thought how great it would be to wield the Force.
    Then Ep I, II, III came along and there were jedi and light sabers everywhere. Jedi became boring: they were OP, literally nothing could touch them, they were never in danger, they were expressionless, passionless, yawn.
    Jedi were unreliable: or rather, the Force was. One jedi (Annie) could leap out of a flying car at 5000 feet and free-fall through a maze of moving traffic and grab onto a passing vehicle without getting hurt. Another more powerful jedi (Mace) gets kicked out of a window and dies. It seems the Force is extremely fickle, and can't be counted on. Who wants an unreliable super power?
    Jedi were weak: at the end they all inexplicably just folded up and died.

In all, pretty well represented in this game. But if I had my choice, I would like them to be a bit better. Blame George for ruining everything.
  • Options
    IG 86 was feared by anakin is the show. He said they were highly dangerous. So he's right with cannon.
  • Options

@Widget_gaget If all the characters were currently evenly balanced your point would be valid. Problem is everyone in my top 100 is using about 7 of the 82 chars in the game - only 1 of them being Jedi (QGJ).

If everyone's going to use the same characters anyway, I'd much rather see Jedi and Sith in every battle (the actual heroes of Star Wars) than bugs and droids like it is right now.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I do

UFllgUL.jpg
    csMWiCz.jpg
  • Options
    @Aero Stormtrooper - yay or nay?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero Stormtrooper - yay or nay?

@BrobiWanKenobi He's definitely garbage, but tomorrow I'll take him to level 77 and gear 9 so I'll let you know if I change my mind!

Still a fun character nonetheless.
  • Options
    @Aero Thanks!
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    Once levelled and geared up Vader will be a major power in the game. Huge damage with his specials and massive HPs and protection.

And we haven't yet seen Jedi Luke. In the films 'farmboy' Luke was a bit wet...

Levelled up to say 76? Geared up to say...level IX? Starred up to say...5*?

That's where mine is. He has 6100 strength and he absolutely destroys. He is great against the rancor in tier V and below raids, and if you put him with an empire team he can crush. Amazingly tanky and has decent speed (faster than 88 and 86 at least)
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Dont get me wrong here i dont want op jedis and sith, just playable characters we all like from the movies.

And dont give me that farmboy luke bit..look at Rey for force sake, this lil nobody scavenger farm girl is the most powerful single attacker in the game...bad enough in the movie she suddenly could beat a sith with no training lol.

At least young whiny luke had training from ben and he was vaders son.

Where did young whiny Force Glitch get his training from?

First of all, Rey has never met or faced a Sith. She's a well trained fighter and she used the force to defeat an emotionally weak man at an exceptionally weak moment for him, both physically and mentally. There is nothing hard to understand here. Nothing suddenly about it.

Your original post was nothing but a display of ignorance. This game would suck if it followed along the small notion that the films are all there is.
  • Options
    Sorry but Rey was not trained in the force at all, none, zero. But she beats the most powerfull force weilder in the galaxy at the time...it took luke 3 movies and extensive training from ben and yoda to beat vader..

Im not complaining about the game i like it..just wish when the skills were getting handed out, some could have been bestowed upon characters that made it more realstic to the story.

One really easy balancing effort would be for jedi to have +50% evasion against blasters as a passive or 25% chance to reflect blaster fire back to attacker.

In the movies jedi deflected blaster fire with ease
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    At first I was bothered that they didn't stick to canon in this game but then I realized that:

1. Disney has no respect for Lucas, canon or any of the past movies. They are doing it their way and recreating it in their own image, which was a stupid move after seeing that garbage TFA flick.
    2. The devs on this game are way in over their heads with this game clearly so to then think they could not only follow canon, but balance the roster is a chance in Hell. Even not following canon, they can barely balance characters in this game so adding canon would be game breaking for these poor devs.

It's clear what occurred here. EA bought this half developed shell of a game from another developer who couldn't finish the product and then tapped CG to develop this half created game. It's difficult pulling apart another persons code, especially if they don't follow scripting standards and junk is strewn all over. I think this is part of CG's problem with this product and why there is so much instability....
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    Options
    TLDR: jedi are weak, unreliable, and boring (thanks George!)
    Jedi were unreliable: or rather, the Force was. One jedi (Annie) could leap out of a flying car at 5000 feet and free-fall through a maze of moving traffic and grab onto a passing vehicle without getting hurt. Another more powerful jedi (Mace) gets kicked out of a window and dies. It seems the Force is extremely fickle, and can't be counted on. Who wants an unreliable super power?
    Jedi were weak: at the end they all inexplicably just folded up and died.

LOL
    Though a bit more respect for George might be at place.
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry but Rey was not trained in the force at all, none, zero. But she beats the most powerfull force weilder in the galaxy at the time...it took luke 3 movies and extensive training from ben and yoda to beat vader..

Watch the movie again--it is foreshadowed multiple times how powerful Chewies bow caster is. Nothing survives it. Ren survives the hit but is obviously incredibly injured. So she beats a barely trained (commented at the end) and incredibly injured Kylo. She also gives in to the dark side some to get there.

And to say Rey is untrained is very naive. You are in for an awakening yourself in Episode VIII. Think about it: if someone were untrained, how would they even know such a thing as a mind trick were possible?

Imagine if memories were repressed, and suddenly someone forcefully starts examine your mind...
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    Options

@Widget_gaget If all the characters were currently evenly balanced your point would be valid. Problem is everyone in my top 100 is using about 7 of the 82 chars in the game - only 1 of them being Jedi (QGJ).

If everyone's going to use the same characters anyway, I'd much rather see Jedi and Sith in every battle (the actual heroes of Star Wars) than bugs and droids like it is right now.

yes. only one jedi. everyone farmed jedi for the yoda event, but they dont use them because they aren't the top players. So their strategy worked. everyone farmed jedi anyway, but they use bugs and bots. now instead of the entire meta being jedi, they have forced you to farm both jedi and no name characters. and people ate it up like christmas dinner.
  • Options
    Could be..she definitly could turn out to be the most powerful of all time. Just seem like the crammed to much into one movie. Also was like the same story as the first the movies vomited into one new movie.

Act 1
    "Young untrained future jedi hero escapes empire from tatooine on melinium falcon..."