High level spenders I need your advice

Until recently I was spending on this game but not anymore, so please keep this in mind when answering as I won't throw more cash at this game.

Question is simple ... I hope please look at the below list of characters and indicate who you think would make my best team, please indicate who leader is as well. I'm asking the high spenders as they have an idea of how some of my characters will perform when levelled and geared up.

Whilst I have other characters these are the ones with any descent level or gear:

Sid max level max gear
Luminara level 6 purple nearly max gear
Night sister initiate 5 stars purple maxed
Barrissgate 4 stars gear v11 max purple next
JC 5 stars nearly max purple gear
Asajj 5 stars nearly max purple
Luke 5 star gear level v11 nearly max purple next
Vadar 4 star maxed purple
Maul 4 star gear level v11 max purple next
Fett 4 star gear level v11 max purple next

I really am interested in the synergies between characters and what will potentially win me most arena battles. currently I run:

Sid leader
Luminara
JC
night sister initiate
Then Luke/darth/ asajj. It does well but breaking into top 10/5 spots is hit or miss. I want the team to develop over time so I'm looking for what you think is best combination for an end game team. Based on your experience of seeing lots of high level maxed teams.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    If you aren't going to spend any more I would focus on characters you can farm. Another good property to look for is characters who don't suck.

You can farm Luke, and he has decent crit synergy with sidious leadership skill. Luminara doesn't realy have synergy but she is a good healer if you need one.

4* Maul is a delicate snowflake and will get one-shotted. Probably don't rely on him since you can't star him up.

Ventress is ok but slow. If they change the turn-meter mechanics on her rampage she could be better in the future.

Hope that helps.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    JC and Fett are both farmable to 7* and I've years great things about both endgame. Luminara and sid as well. That's 4 of your 5 characters who you can 7* easily. Daka or Phasma is also a nice option if you have them. Both are farmable as well.
  • Options
    I used to spend but no more - I don't think I spent anywhere near what you did based on your chars though.

I currently run
    7*/Gear 7 Lumi
    6*/Gear 7 (soon to be 7) Sid
    4*/Gear 6 Dooku
    4*/Gear 6 Bariss
    4*/Gear 7 Boba

18,496 squad power

That's enough to snipe number 1 spot if I time it right, but then I usually end up in the mid 30's by the following day.
  • Options
    I spent a good deal but to build multiple teams so i can't help much as I have 3 teams worth of 5* Max geared with half about to move to 6* in the next week or less. Another 15-20 at 4-5* with gear 5 or 6. Yes the others who only care on arena rank will say I was stupid, but I did it how I wanted. I can get into top 10. I was at #1 before the reset on servers and a ton of 60's came in while I was still 40's. My take on Arena is I'd care more about it if I could defend myself as opposed to the crappy AI. Blah blah set a team to defend. I have lost 4x only in arena when I controlled my team. The times were trying, just after the rest at mid 40's to knock a 60 off. I learned that David does not always beat Golliath those attempts.

I have JC 5* max gear and I love him. Decent health, strong heal, Attack at defense does 3k+ pretty much every time, if not it is like 28-2900. His basic hits 1600+ every time. I'm farming him towards 7

I have Barriss at 4* epic Great leader ability for GW.

Sid and Lum I am also love I'm farming them hard, both 5* epics presently.

Luke I'm still up in the air on at 5* epic. He hits hard but is not the fastest or the toughest. I farm him as secondary.

Ventress is slow, but she hits pretty solid and I love her debuff as it works fairly well for me. 5* epic is nice. Will be 6 today after my arena rewards. I plan to 7 her.

Initiate is nice I 5* her yesterday should be epic gear by weekend. She is a solid but not spectacular. I use her in GW to help reset my counters on my main toons because she is not slow and is a bit tanky.

Fett I do not own and I've borrowed him at high levels and was not impressed. He I will farm later on. I got Daka(plan to try her and decide on leveling) and I'm starring 5's who I just moved from 3-4 last night before Fett(though any Fet users please advise if he is more worthy than Daka or getting 5's up there)

Vader not much to say we have him at the same level. He is decent.

Maul. I have Maul at 5* epic geared. He hits solid, but to quote Rheen he is still a delicate snowflake who gets 2 hitted at 5*,lol. You get his AOE off at 5* epic on a Jedi team you could win with a bunch of Ewoks and Tuskens after, but that is the big if as Lum FB at 5* epic hits at 4k which is like 80% of his health.

Synergy wise you have Sid and Luke compliment well. The 2 NS do. The 3 Jedi do with Lum or Barriss as lead.

I'll take some heat for this, but I have not dropped in rank in off times in days since I leave this team to defend.

4* epic Barriss LEAD
    5* epic Sid
    5*epic Ventress
    5* Epic JC
    5* Epic Lum

OMG I know I know 3 healers I'm dumb I'm toast. Well I've not been knocked down but once in the days since leaving that to defend and I'm on a server where there is like 4-5 of us not at LVL 60 in the top 75. I keep myself in the top 50. If I want to go for it top 20 is easy to get to. I leave them because where I have them they all hit solid(not Barriss) All can take some damage, and every single one has a heal ability of some sort. Barriss gets around the Heal immunity, Sid applies buffs, Lum ability blocks atop a wicked special, Ventress Stuns and debuffs which heals. JC just hits hard, is fairly quick, cooldowns are sgorter. They go together very well. I've liked this team over my all Jedi, all Sith, all NS, all Crit, and tanky teams I've run.

Hope it helps. I've spent I don't know how much on crystals, a couple packs, ect, but my style is a bit different I'm building a strong army up together as opposed to a squad. Playing how it is fun for me, not so much caring on rank.
  • Options
    @sunnyred you didn't really list a lot of premium characters besides maul. Unless you get lucky and really want to grind maul I wouldn't waste time on him right now. He is super squishy and well you aren't putting in more cash.

The rest you listed are pretty common chars to farm.
    I wouldn't spend time on Initiate unless you are building a nightsister group for synergy the character is solid in that group but there are tons of better options to spend on, and you are competing with Lumi for shards with the initiate.... Lum all around much stronger. Same thing with Asajj... she's solid overall but there are better options outside a nightsister group.

Sid
    Fett
    Lumi
    JC
    Luke

Might be a decent team to start with farming but overall I think you need to decide what type of team you want to build and then work in the proper chars for synergy.

Things to look at are:
    Crit based team, high single target dmg team, aoe dmg team, healer based team to outlast the enemy, do you want it to play well for ai or just manual? Do you want this team specifically to fight the current meta changes in arena or overall for farming and GW?

@DarthMasterShawn Not sure if we are on the same server but I've been seeing that combo pop up a lot lately that you just listed... and a full nightsister group destroys it easy.

Not sure if everyone can burst them this quickly but....
    Sid dies first before he can even do anything ~ 3 chars to kill him
    then I get to start on lum and work her down i try to let them blow all three heals on her once those drop lum and jc are gone quick. ventress next and finish off with barris last.
    Had roughly 1min20 to spare on the timer when it was done.

With the nightsister group my characters almost get 2 attacks for everyone 1 of the enemy.
  • Options
    Leapster wrote: »
    @sunnyred you didn't really list a lot of premium characters besides maul. Unless you get lucky and really want to grind maul I wouldn't waste time on him right now. He is super squishy and well you aren't putting in more cash.

The rest you listed are pretty common chars to farm.
    I wouldn't spend time on Initiate unless you are building a nightsister group for synergy the character is solid in that group but there are tons of better options to spend on, and you are competing with Lumi for shards with the initiate.... Lum all around much stronger. Same thing with Asajj... she's solid overall but there are better options outside a nightsister group.

Sid
    Fett
    Lumi
    JC
    Luke

Might be a decent team to start with farming but overall I think you need to decide what type of team you want to build and then work in the proper chars for synergy.

Things to look at are:
    Crit based team, high single target dmg team, aoe dmg team, healer based team to outlast the enemy, do you want it to play well for ai or just manual? Do you want this team specifically to fight the current meta changes in arena or overall for farming and GW?

@DarthMasterShawn Not sure if we are on the same server but I've been seeing that combo pop up a lot lately that you just listed... and a full nightsister group destroys it easy.

Not sure if everyone can burst them this quickly but....
    Sid dies first before he can even do anything ~ 3 chars to kill him
    then I get to start on lum and work her down i try to let them blow all three heals on her once those drop lum and jc are gone quick. ventress next and finish off with barris last.
    Had roughly 1min20 to spare on the timer when it was done.

With the nightsister group my characters almost get 2 attacks for everyone 1 of the enemy.

@ Leapster I'm building a NS team myself and would love some input if you care to share. Can PM so as not to destroy the thread, or here.

The AI kills any team TBH. We may be I buzzed through a NS team with over 3 mins to spare on mine yesterday or the day before.
  • Options
    Yea I don't see the AI playing the nightsister team very well at all. It is extremely situational and you have to control the stuns and account for the random stuns as well, sometimes switching your focus target etc. I usually try to leave Lumi in for defense and pull the acolyte out. If you see that setup it's prob me. Feel free to PM me any questions. I don't want to derail this guys thread too hard.
  • Options
    It's ok to continue on night sister PoV all feedback is good. If I stuck for now with Sid leader with Luke n luminara would you also take vadar n fett. Fett I am levelling up as fast as I can. But is vadar worth inclusion? I mean I can't level him further. But on the other side would he work well with Sid for AOE n extra dot damage?