Grand Moff Tarkin Potency Buff

Darth_L_Jackson
23 posts Member
edited May 2016
So I'm experimenting with an Empire squad and got Tarkin to 6 stars level 7 gear. He's an interesting character but his Intimidation Tactics which inflicts offense down is pretty weak because he has nearly no potency (9%). Due to this most enemies resist this special and I may be lucky to land one enemy.

This becomes a problem against a Dooku lead because this attack ends up giving Dooku and his team mates a free offense up pretty much. When the CPU is in charge of my Tarkin it is most likely using Intimidation Tactics even though its useless and sometimes helps the enemy. I personally avoid using the special which is sad.

If there is a possibility to raise Tarkin's potency that would be great. Probably don't need to be on Old Ben's level of potency but at least put potency to a level where the special works more often than it does now. Since Tarkin is pretty squishy in terms of health this should not make him overpowered and this is a good balance to keep this potential potency buff in check.

Replies

• Options
    Raise tarkins Potency !!!!!!!!!
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It is really all they need to do to make him viable. His potency is a joke - there's a few AoE characters with miserable potency, Magmatrooper is another, and Poe (not quite as bad) needs a boost too. I suspect potencies were kept low for raid content, but right now it's making certain toons pretty much useless.
  • Options
    His and magma (7%). Both have turn meter reduction that never actually sticks.

But the empire squad is fun to play, with a Vader lead. I've been using Vader, Tarkin, RG, Magma, and Storm. RGs special is actually useful now
  • Alrikster
    173 posts Member
    Options
    This!
    So many toons unusable because of their low potency
  • Options
    This becomes a problem against a Dooku lead because this attack ends up giving Dooku and his team mates a free offense up pretty much.

I do agree with you 100% that tarkin needs a potency buff.
    What you're talking about here sounds like when a Dooku lead team resists your (low potency) Intimidation Tactics that they get offense up from resisting it. That is not true however. They only get Offense Up from Dooku when they dodge an attack, not resist negative effects.

• Darth_L_Jackson
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This becomes a problem against a Dooku lead because this attack ends up giving Dooku and his team mates a free offense up pretty much.

I do agree with you 100% that tarkin needs a potency buff.
    What you're talking about here sounds like when a Dooku lead team resists your (low potency) Intimidation Tactics that they get offense up from resisting it. That is not true however. They only get Offense Up from Dooku when they dodge an attack, not resist negative effects.

Well the description says he only grants offense up for attacks but as we know just because it says that does not mean its actually true. For example, Old Ben for the longest time said his leader ability would grant evasion to his allies but it did not until recently.

I run Old Ben in my squad and when he uses ability block and someone on a Dooku led team resists, it actually does grant offense up. Same thing is happening with Tarkin where he attempts to inflict offense down and instead gives offense up to the other team because Dooku helped them dodge it. It may be a bug or it may be as the developer intended. But enemies resisting debuffs on a Dooku lead or Old Ben lead is granting offense up or turn meter gain (depending on their leader being used).

Whether or not they are resisting because of the dodge bonus or the low potency is a different story but they are still getting buffs by resisting debuffs unfortunately.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm, I haven't noticed that at all. Now I have to test it :smiley:
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Darn it. I have starred Tarkin up to 5 and have been gearing him. I was wondering when he would be viable.

I knew he was weak because he was slow. I never realized the potency problem. I guess that 9% potency is not going up, huh? I guess my Tarkin can take a rest for awhile.

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Darn it. I have starred Tarkin up to 5 and have been gearing him. I was wondering when he would be viable.

I knew he was weak because he was slow. I never realized the potency problem. I guess that 9% potency is not going up, huh? I guess my Tarkin can take a rest for awhile.

I just finished getting him to 7 stars. I mean his intimidation tactics are not nearly as potent as some others but you can occasionally land a few offense downs. I at least always get one person who got debuffed. But I think there are higher priorities to farm like Han. Tarkin is on my all Empire squad for arena so he is still very useful. For a non-Empire squad I'm not sure until they buff his potency a bit. He's still fun to use nonetheless.