Should drop rates increase the more you pay to recharge?

Roadhouse
47 posts Member
edited May 2016
We all know drop rates in the game are not all that great. Many players spend gems to recharge their energy to get more attempts at what they need. What if the drop rates increased when you spent gems to recharge your energy? For the sake of an example, let's say for 30 minutes after each recharge the rate increases by 10%, and the effects stack as you recharge more.

Should drop rates increase the more you pay to recharge? 33 votes

Drop rates should increase the more you spend to recharge energy.
36% 12 votes
Drop rates should stay the same no matter what you spend.
63% 21 votes

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i used to think this was true. then i tracked my drops and my tinfoil hat fell off
    mighty chlorians
  • Roadhouse
    47 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    i used to think this was true. then i tracked my drops and my tinfoil hat fell off

So you wouldn't like it if the drop rates increased the more you recharged?
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    #PrayForTheWhales

Those poor creatures. So close to extinction.
    They definitely need that boost, because you know, they don't have much in the game.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Roadhouse wrote: »
    reizse wrote: »

So you wouldn't like it if the drop rates increased the more you recharged?

i wouldn't mind. but i currently don't mind the drop rates as they are now. guess i'm indifferent
    mighty chlorians
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options
    My belief is that, as refreshes begin to double in cost, so should the drops.....
  • Nothermike
    394 posts Member
    Options
    The cost is there to prevent those willing to spend from completely running away from the pack and slow provression overall so that devs have time to generate more content. Increasing the drop rate negates both those aims.
  • Options
    Drop rates should be at least 10% not .03%
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    Options
    drop rates on some purple gear is unreasonably low esp considering the higher energy cost of battles and number of pieces required; however drop rates shouldn't increase because you spend more. you can already buy gear/shards at the shop at bargain prices. muhahaha
  • Xylo_Phona
    167 posts Member
    Options
    If you went to Vegas and expected the odds to increase in your favor because you spend more money, you'd be laughed out of town. Click the Sim button is like making a single pull on a old school slot machine. You get what you get for one pull, there is no accumulative or better odds. Every pull is the same.

And last stats I saw, drops rates in this game average about 30% win...that's pretty good all things considered.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Dumb idea, why have the increase in cost if you are just going to increase in drop rate. It's self defeating.
  • Roadhouse
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    If you went to Vegas and expected the odds to increase in your favor because you spend more money, you'd be laughed out of town. Click the Sim button is like making a single pull on a old school slot machine. You get what you get for one pull, there is no accumulative or better odds. Every pull is the same.

And last stats I saw, drops rates in this game average about 30% win...that's pretty good all things considered.

If you're equating this game to online gambling you're asking for serious trouble. These game companies are under extreme scrutiny currently as some of them are being considered illegal online gambling. I have seen other companies issue stiff punishment to users for trying to slander them.

That said, yes you take your chances on getting what you want when playing this game. But I would just like to get more return.