Team advise - Phasma, Kylo, Vader and...

I'm really looking for some input on the remaining two characters to accompany:

Captain Phasma (L)
Kylo Ren
Darth Vader

I eventually plan to add Rey to this team, but as it's a slow farm (faster with guilds but still) I'd like a substitute for now. I was thinking of STHan to help with their slow speed, then either QGJ or IG86 for damage...but I'm worried they're too fragile and will leave my damage lacking. So a full defense/high hp team might be viable too (savage?).

Any feedback would be much appreciated, I'm honestly stuck. FTP by the way :)

Replies

• Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Qgj
    Han or Rg
    Replace Vader with rey
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    I'm really looking for some input on the remaining two characters to accompany:

Captain Phasma (L)
    Kylo Ren
    Darth Vader

I eventually plan to add Rey to this team, but as it's a slow farm (faster with guilds but still) I'd like a substitute for now. I was thinking of STHan to help with their slow speed, then either QGJ or IG86 for damage...but I'm worried they're too fragile and will leave my damage lacking. So a full defense/high hp team might be viable too (savage?).

Any feedback would be much appreciated, I'm honestly stuck. FTP by the way :)

How do you see yourself using this squad? What is the synergy you're looking for? Tanky damage dealing?
  • Options
    Either a full tanky team for defense like you said (since offense is quite easy nowadays supposedly) or two damage dealers to make the team more of a threat.

I was thinking some characters may conflict with this team in ways I hadn't thought of, so some advice for either of those approaches would be really nice. I have a couple of teams and have been playing for a while, so feel like trying something different.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    For me I just don't know what value Vader really adds right now unless maybe you have a 6-star version with his abilities maxed and gear 8+. You could go for a "Tanky Assist" team maybe. Something like...

Phasma (call-in assists, Advantage, Slow)
    ST Han: Negative & Positive TM effects, good to help speed up some of your slower characters
    Kylo: Counter, Heal debuff, AOE, burst
    5's: If you can get his Omega ability then he has the double-tap and an assist attack as well.
    Tusken Raider: Assist ability, super tanky character
    GS: Assist ability, decent HP & Protection at gear 9

That's just one thought. That's a lot of HP to deal with and with Phasma, 5's, and Han slowing down your opponent it could make defensive wins easier maybe, not sure. The opponent will probably leave Kylo and 5's for last. 5's counter and HP/Prot are an obvious benefit, Kylo getting hit repeatedly improves the chance of resetting his AOE and burst ability (forget the name), so taking them down last won't be easy.
  • Options
    ST Han and Fives
  • Options
    Fives would be a great asset to the team, but I have a side project going on that involves saving for someone else in the Cantina...so I think I'll substitute him for Savage (for the high HP and because this team doesn't deal huge damage he can finish people off) until I've finished with it. I have Fives at Gear 7 though so I'll definitely switch him in when I'm ready.

I'm sold on STHan and I have a Gear 7 almost 8 GS. So I'm going to go for:

Captain Phasma (L)
    Kylo Ren
    Savage (later Fives)
    Geosoldier (switch with Rey now and again for variety)
    STHan.

I'm determined to make use of a 5* Vader at some point though lol, maybe when I unlock RG's Cantina node and feel like farming Tarkin!

Thank you for the help everyone, much appreciated.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    You could always start farming 5's via his two hard-mode nodes too.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Go 5's and GS, get a couple assisting characters with high damage output.