Level 80 Omega'd Rey is just insane

Prev1
Seems to have a LOT of protection, the speed is bonkers and she decimates everything in a round. 3 stunners needed just to keep her from ending the battle in round 2. Mandatory toon for all now I think.

It's not rocket surgery.

Replies

• saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I actually dropped her for Aayla Gear X. Leia with Ackbar lead makes short work of Rey--Leia get 2-3 turns of 1-3 shots in a row.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Rey has max protection of 11,315 at Gear10, and only 7,987 at gear9. So no she doesn't have a lot of protection. Speed and damage are definitly bonkers. She'll be adjusted.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    3 stunners? Really? I'm sure she's a force at gear ix (precrafting has created a lot of inbalances), and her team will probably have a lot of threats/control, but saying you need 3 stunners is a bit of hyperbole.

Edit: just getba debuff on her and she's nothing special b
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah--I dont always even stun. The only one on my team she can hurt is Ackbar.
    She hits RG, he has plenty of health. 5's, same--plus he smacks her back. Leia is stealthed and hitting her 2-3 times in the first round with 1-3 shots each. Aayla has plenty of health plus a chance to stun.

If she's with RG, it just delays the inevitable. RG goes down before 3 toons move on the other side. Then I finish Rey off with one shot ( since she was yellow to trigger taunt)
  • Options
    She's too fast to get a debuff on at 80. Also she will get foresight up once she starts attacking. It's just too much on a single toon (speed, defence (foresight), best DPS). The best strategies I've seen for beating an 80 omega Rey is to have Rey yourself.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • NoSpoil
    32 posts Member
    Options
    She's too fast to get a debuff on at 80. Also she will get foresight up once she starts attacking. It's just too much on a single toon (speed, defence (foresight), best DPS). The best strategies I've seen for beating an 80 omega Rey is to have Rey yourself.

164 speed + 12k + foresight first turn :) balanced ofc

• Options
    Please do not ask for Rey to be nerfed - she's the only thing giving moderate spenders a snowball's chance in hell against omega Leia teams.
  • Options

Congrats to you and the OP, you just made sure that EA is gonna nerf your super Rey, by starting a thread saying she does exactly what protection was supposed to stop (1 hit kills in arena, and now that she destroys teams within 2 rounds as you say, get ready for all the nerf bats) FYI Omega Daka Makes her irrelevant.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    Options
    So what if she is super fast and can't be debuff ed, she's not going to come close to a one shot. Remember protection?. You clearly haven't faced a omega leia yet.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Guys once you upgrade gear, the damage of Rey won't mean much to you. Don't judge gear 10 Rey vs your gear 8, that's whats insane. If you're not convinced, look at Aayla and Kit Fisto and how they are at gear 10. Imagine how CT 5s at gear 10 is. Stop calling for nerfs!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    consistently beat gear 10 rey on my shard with my fully farmable team. dodge is your friend
    mighty chlorians
  • NoSpoil
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Dmg + speed + foresight : choose 2/3.
    3/3 = OP
    Her description says high risk high rewards but she doesn't have risk in first turn
  • Options
    Go against her paired with RG (even a 4 star one, which is mind boggling how buffed they made him!) and you hardly stand a chance. Burned a couple squads on GW to finally beat that node. And what was the next node? Same dang squad...
  • Options
    If only there was something or someone that removed positive effects from the other team.
  • Options
    NoSpoil wrote: »

164 speed + 12k + foresight first turn :) balanced ofc

+evasion and tm gain under ben lead. She just destroyed me today. One shotting g9 qgj and gs:-)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Her speed would need adjusting. Maybe. If you are calling for nerfs on her damage i tell you, think again. Because you will be left scratching your head once those 40k+ hp guys show up.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Her speed would need adjusting. Maybe. If you are calling for nerfs on her damage i tell you, think again. Because you will be left scratching your head once those 40k+ hp guys show up.

Tbh she's currently the only f2p character that has the necessary damage output to be viable against the likes of rg/sun fac/5s in arena. There are no alternatives. It seems that after the dps meta we're at the brink of the high health meta.
  • Options
    Oh for gods sake learn to play instead of crying nerf every tough turn. For gods sake this place is filled with self entitled babies.

What level are you?

Who did you take against her?
    Were your characters gear 10 and Omega?

If not then shut your nerf calling mouth and come back when you match gear 10 level 80 omega vs her. I facve her and have her there, I face Leia there, I face Yoda there, ect, they are not hard to deal with if you are properly geared and use strat.

God I'm sick of people crying nerf when they get whooped. Match equal gear, equal level, and equal ability characters vs her and yyou will see she is not that hard to deal with. Easy to stun. Face Leia who stealths and triple shots gives Crit up to the team 3 turns with the same speed. I had a Leia take a full RG gear 9 7* lvl 80 to just above yellow on 1 turn. I did not runhere saying nerf her. I matched a better team and adjusted strat.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    eshby_wan wrote: »

Tbh she's currently the only f2p character that has the necessary damage output to be viable against the likes of rg/sun fac/5s in arena. There are no alternatives. It seems that after the dps meta we're at the brink of the high health meta.

That is precisely the problem and we need more like her. Not that bum GS who does 3k on auto on gear 9!
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    God I'm sick of people crying nerf when they get whooped. Match equal gear, equal level, and equal ability characters vs her and yyou will see she is not that hard to deal with.

That's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that? I'll just go back in time and craft 4 furnaces and 3 droid callers. Thanks!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    God I'm sick of people crying nerf when they get whooped. Match equal gear, equal level, and equal ability characters vs her and yyou will see she is not that hard to deal with.

That's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that? I'll just go back in time and craft 4 furnaces and 3 droid callers. Thanks!

That's a separate issue.

The game should be balanced so that maxed toons are competitive with each other. If your non max team has trouble with a maxed team that's a good thing. The AI is bad enough that you can be pretty
    Underpowered and still win.

You can't complain that a toon is OP until you are fighting it on equal ground.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    End the pre craft fiasco and we can find alternatives.
  • Options
    eshby_wan wrote: »

That is precisely the problem and we need more like her. Not that bum GS who does 3k on auto on gear 9!

That's GS's shtick, though. He's high risk/high reward. If he crits he does respectable damage and gets 30% TM on top of it. He has an assist every other turn and has decent speed even without the TM buff. You just need to protect him and/or pair up with someone that has synergy with him, like Poggle.

• NoSpoil
    32 posts Member
    Options
    You can't complain that a toon is OP until you are fighting it on equal ground
    http://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/#2
    All toons lvl 80, Max gear : still the best speed, and best dmg (without 25% offense up unique) and foresight :open_mouth:
    Leia is an other problems : I don't have problem vs her if she doesn't hit 3x every turn, it's just RNG not every battle
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    All toons lvl 80, Max gear : still the best speed, and best dmg (without 25% offense up unique) and foresight :open_mouth:
    Leia is an other problems : I don't have problem vs her if she doesn't hit 3x every turn, it's just RNG not every battle

It's funny how you think the rey's damage is too much when there are counter attackers running around with 50k hp+prot. This patch is already skewed toward high hp characters and you want one of the only few solid counters to be nerfed further?

It's a known fact that ea/cg can't balance their games. They release toons with no counters, or give toons too many things in a single package. There's nothing you can do about it, so unless you can magically make ea/cg balance all toons again, I suggest that you don't rant against rey
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

And so why is this a problem? Speed doesn't matter much as no one is killed by Rey until her second turn. Playing with keyboard stats is not the same as playing in game. So again until you play with her on equal footing with other toons you do not know if their balanced or not.

Asking for a nerf before you've even done your homework is ridiculous.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

These other people are right! You don't know what's coming. A storm...and you will need Rey as an umbrella. :smile: Even at 164 speed i don't see how she will be a threat, she won't one shot jack when everything gets at gear 10. Of course, she plays now with your gear 8 QGJ and Luminara.
  • NoSpoil
    32 posts Member
    Options

These other people are right! You don't know what's coming. A storm...and you will need Rey as an umbrella. :smile: Even at 164 speed i don't see how she will be a threat, she won't one shot jack when everything gets at gear 10. Of course, she plays now with your gear 8 QGJ and Luminara.

yes she can't OS, but other toons can't OS her too and they need an additional attack just for her foresight.
    Speed + dmg it's ok, high risk
    Dmg + foresight ok,
    speed + foresight ok
    But three together just no, she outperforms all other attackers (except for leïa but her dmg vary from RNG)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

yes she can't OS, but other toons can't OS her too and they need an additional attack just for her foresight.
    Speed + dmg it's ok, high risk
    Dmg + foresight ok,
    speed + foresight ok
    But three together just no, she outperforms all other attackers (except for leïa but her dmg vary from RNG)

Well i am 90% sure her speed won't matter. But i am not 100% sure, we have to wait till everybody gets gear 10 anyways. If they do decide to nerf something about her, it's better they nerf her speed, otherwise i don't know how we will be able to beat the upcoming team comps even against the AI.
  • Options
    Please do not ask for Rey to be nerfed - she's the only thing giving moderate spenders a snowball's chance in hell against omega Leia teams.

This, at least you can attack Rey. Leia is invisible for the complete match, faster than Rey and she shoots 3 times almost every turn.