Fives imbalance.

Prev1
Vadim
30 posts Member
Will be his nerf? It's like Dooku only 3 times more armor and protection.

Replies

• GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    He's a monster, but he is beatable
  • Options
    Stop asking for nerfs on toons just because you have a tough time taking them down. instead work on your own squad and develop a strategy.
  • Options
    Vadim. Don't ask Big Brother to take what others have worked and in many cases paid $$$ to build into Five's. Build your own Five's for "balance".
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Vadim wrote: »

He is slow and doesn't matter till the end. He is like play 4 vs 5 until the end.
  • K1ngYoda
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Vadim. Don't ask Big Brother to take what others have worked and in many cases paid $$$ to build into Five's. Build your own Five's for "balance".

spoken like someone who has noticed and is able to exploit a game design.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Vadim
    30 posts Member
    Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    He's a monster, but he is beatable

Now he imbalance. He alone can now kill three or four opponents with a whole life .
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options

Except for the whole giving your team crazy dodge AND offense up when they dodge.
    And the (sometimes double) stun.
    And the crazy fast speed that makes him go before almost every other character.

No. Both of them are fine, just relax. Nobody likes counter attacks, but as you get better you will learn how to manage them.
  • Eebers
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Fives does ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING the first five or six rounds of the fight. Yes he is strong late game but at the expense of being as worthwhile as Barriss at the start of the fight. So in the end he evens out.

Stop complaining. There are so many different strategies to beat him. Heal, debuff him, or get better heroes that he can't 3v1.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    How do you counter Dooku? You stun him.
    How do you counter Fives? You stun him.
    Do you see a pattern developing here?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    No toon should be able to 1v4 an entire team, and those of you who think it's fair are biased. I have fives and still think it's poorly balanced
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Eebers wrote: »
    Fives does ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING the first five or six rounds of the fight. Yes he is strong late game but at the expense of being as worthwhile as Barriss at the start of the fight. So in the end he evens out.

Stop complaining. There are so many different strategies to beat him. Heal, debuff him, or get better heroes that he can't 3v1.

Exactly, but you can't completely blame the guy. EA has nurtured a meta of speed dmg teams that have been able to handily dominate the meta for the past couple months and people can't handle having to think during a battle now.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Stop asking for nerfs on toons just because you have a tough time taking them down. instead work on your own squad and develop a strategy.

YES!
    So tired of this crap
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    No toon should be able to 1v4 an entire team, and those of you who think it's fair are biased. I have fives and still think it's poorly balanced
    I don't have Fives, and I think he's fine. Makes you shake up your normal strategy to account for him.
  • Vadim
    30 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

I agree. But only Fives twice protection and life than Dooku.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Do people ever search the forums before making a topic? This is the exact same post that comes up once a day, gets a few replies, and then dies off.

Fives is pretty good, especially against certain comps and he's devastating against lover level lower gear teams. He's not nearly as good (but still decent) against equal level equal gear teams that play the match correctly.

Can we just get a megathread in the character section?
  • Options

Then you stun him more.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Fives' omega basic is bugged (should not give an extra attack the same attack he applies slow) but otherwise is fine and easily dealth with (stuns, taunt, stealth, heals).
  • Darth_Vlad
    165 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, he's a beast and a pain in the **** but why ask for a nerf of character anyone can get, also may i add i don't have 5's so this isn't biased
  • Options
    For me what makes fives really tough are two things...he has a really high health pool and if you put fives with the right team say like with RG, Rey, Daka, Dooku then that setup can be a challenge. But he is beatable. I use a G9 Daka to stun him. If you leave Fives for last when fighting a squad just make sure you have stunners if you don't then yeah he can slowly take out your team one by one with his counter attacks.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options

Who do you use against him that he beats you 4 v 1? Cop? Ugnaut? Rg can easily handle him as can daka and even duku. He is very susceptible to stuns.

• GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have Fives, and I think he's fine. Makes you shake up your normal strategy to account for him.
    Didn't think about that +1
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I love my *7 fives... been in my team since i started.. was always first i lvld up and trained... leave him be no need to be hit with the nerf bat. Besides he is easily farmable so haters just go get him yourself !!
  • ldkronos
    63 posts Member
    Options

Can you provide a video of the 1vs4 so we can critique it? Because the last time I saw someone making that exact same argument (that fives can 1 vs 4), when I watched the video, 2 of the players were almost dead, and fives was 4 levels higher (and possibly even better geared, but I don't remember).
  • Coris
    41 posts Member
    Options

+10
  • Options

Use RG , Daka and / or Dooku and then an high hitter like Rey and Fives is no Problem at all :wink:
  • Vadim
    30 posts Member
    Options

Then you stun him more.

No stun him more. Since the characters are already dead)
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options
    I used to love Nerf football as a kid, never thought I'd hate hearing that word so many decades later.....
  • Options
    If you leave rey for last how many of your toons will she kill?
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ldkronos wrote: »

Can you provide a video of the 1vs4 so we can critique it? Because the last time I saw someone making that exact same argument (that fives can 1 vs 4), when I watched the video, 2 of the players were almost dead, and fives was 4 levels higher (and possibly even better geared, but I don't remember).
    I think the one you're thinking of was a Dooku 1v4 thread, and the OP used a malformed droid squad and made several strategy mistakes on the way to still almost pulling it off. I seem to remember seeing an Omega Fives 1v4 video where the other team was in fairly good condition to start, but I don't remember for sure.