Slam vs. roar: does the rancor actually have smart AI?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
Trying to do fight #4 today after using and then getting the door regenerated.
If I use Yoda to spread foresight, he roars to remove it, then slams everyone.
If I don't, he slams everyone first, then roars or uses his basic.
If I try to buff with anything but foresight, he slams.
This doesn't seem to always happen but it is right now, and I'm wondering if anyone else noticed it.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    I have chipra with the woks and the rancor wont slam while i have retribution up, unlike normal ai which would definitely use the aoe attack. possibly the did make him smarter, cool stuff
  • Options
    I wonder why cg gave less damage to taunting toons. Rancor almost always roars to remove it first.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder why cg gave less damage to taunting toons. Rancor almost always roars to remove it first.

Cg be trolling
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

It's part of the puzzle, figuring out when to use it. But I've had cases where I spread foresight and he slammed first and then roared (consistently) and right now am stuck on the opposite (consistently).
  • Options
    My door never regenerates fully. I get the door my first rancor fight stage 2, then no matter what it never fully regenerates, no matter how long I fight. It gets about full then stops moving. I come back next fight and it has restarted and Rancor has all attacks off cooldown. Makes it more challenging and I like the challenge, but others in my guild are not having that happen. So it may be a glitch on you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The door can definitely be regenerated. I've done it multiple times. But you need a team that can hang in there for a while, otherwise it resets. I think it's intentional.